• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3D A Link to the Past

Amelie

Air Dancer
No. No no no. First. They would have to DO it RIGHT. Which it just does not seem possible. Besides. We have so many remakes of this and that. I want a new Zelda. And the last thing I want is Nintendo messing up my favorite Zelda game.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I don't think manny Zelda fans would be happy. I mean Alttp is said to be the best Zelda EVER in its 16 bit form by many people. I just don't think it would be the same, and to me graphics don't make a game. The music, atmosphere and storyline are the key components. It just wouldnt be the same alttp we all know and love, you know what I mean?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
It's a bad idea. Making a remake of a game that we love in it's 16 bit form feels like betrayal all over. ToG was appealing in it's 16 bit form and it would feel drab in a 3D environment. If Anouma thinks this is going to top OOT in the view of the fanbase, then he is severely mistaken.

L

Liam

maybe not a good idea, but i think it would be fun to play. i would buy it to see how great a job nintendo did. they would probably mess it upo though...

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Yea, I'm not feeling it. It just seems like the lazy way out. I'd like to see a new Zelda. ALttP is perfect as is. Besides, the game just isn't long enough for today's standards. They'd have to drastically alter a majority of the game and add a lot of unnecessary bits and pieces.

But I don't think Nintendo has ever remade one of their classic titles, and I don't think they will start now. Just how reputable is this site?

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Personally, I love the idea. I was never a huge fan of ALttP, but it was a good game. Imagine- fully orchestrated music, 3D knights, everything! I think it'd be awesome.

Even if they screw it up, what's the big deal? You can still play the 2D just fine. Besides, we know that they won't really mess it up. Sure, you might like the 2D better, but the 3D would still play just fine, I'm sure.

Also, I highly doubt that they'd even do it.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
The thing is, though, we don't need this.

Zelda, to me, is something that needn't be altered. It holds a huge part of my life, and basically owns a majority of my childhood in its palms.

This is very similar to what Star Wars meant to me. The original saga is a nearly flawless series, but after those first three amazing movies, the series went straight down the drain. They not only made a mediocre prequel trilogy with only one acceptable film (Episode III), but they insist on CONSTANTLY remaking and re-editing and raping the original trilogy, something that has been held so dearly to me for years and many others for decades. I still own the original trilogy box set on VHS because it's the only compilation I can find that's unaltered from the original theatrical release.

I've come to accept this from movies; ever since, I have seen movies in a much more fascist, glutonous, and capitalist light, but I'm finally comfortable with it. However, I cannot be satisfied with something like this to my favorite video game series of all time. Nor will I ever hold the same respect for Aonuma, Nintendo, and especially Miyamoto ever again. Shigeru Miyamoto has never remade a single one of his countless masterpieces, why start now? Why start with something that doesn't need to be changed? Why start with something that will end in nothing short of an uproar from fans? Why?

I could accept a graphical upgrade to OoT or Majora's Mask, but why do something so drastic?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I kind of like the idea of making a ALttP in 2D. But I would actually prefer OoT or MM in 2D. And most of all I would prefer a completely new game!

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
If it is done right, it mightb end up as the best Zelda ever, but it can also be a huge failure...
That interview is a bit old, and I've already read it, I'm glad someone found it

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I'm open to any new Zelda game, even if it's a remake. I just think the frist two should be remade before ALttP. I wouldn't be as pleased if a remake took the place of an entirely new game, but if it meant more Zelda to play, I'm still happy.

I woulnd't be concerned about it stepping on the toes of the original either. It's not like they could ever remove the original game from my posession, so if I really didn't like the remake, I wouldn't have to play it and could go back to the original.

All in all, I don't think I'm that concerned here mainly because I don't see it happening. I would see them giving Wind Waker new play Wii controls before they remake an old game from the ground up. It just doesn't seem like a wise way to spend their money.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Uh, Nintendo already made ALttP in 3D. It's called Ocarina of Time...

Nah, but they don't need to do that at all. Why would they anyways? ALttP was designed as a 2D game, and if Nintendo wanted to translate it into 3D, they would have to redo, take away, put new things in, fix stuff, make things easier, make others harder, lotsa work. And all for a game we've already played. A game like ALttP in 3D would be fantastic, but do the actual ALttP in 3D would just be not worth it. But then again, we already have OoT...

Amelie

Air Dancer
I'd like a 3D a link to the past. Why not take the best 2D game we have and make it even better in 3D?

That is kind of my problem. How could Nintendo make it better? I mean... I guess they could if they tried hard. But newer Zeldas have been some what disappointing anyway. I dont think they could possibly make it better then it already is.

I think the saying.. if its not broken dont fix it explains what I am trying to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom