• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

360/PS3 Games That Would Benefit From A Remake

I feel like the Xbox 360 and PS3 are in a weird place where their games are old enough for people to feel nostalgia towards, but a lot of their games, especially towards the end of the generation, still hold up well graphically and design wise. That's why today's (finally) official announcement of The Last of Us Part 1 Remake felt so unnecessary and unexciting, especially because it was already remade for PS4 previously.

That said, I feel like a lot of games early from that generation could use a facelift. Developers were still getting the hang of HD development in the second half of the 2000s.

Halo 3 is a game I hope gets the anniversary treatment someday to look as stunning as Halo 2 does in The Master Chief Collection.

The Resistance games were never the best lookers on PS3, but they're still pretty fun, so I think a remake could do them justice.

Fallout 3 is another older game from the 7th generation that could benefit from a modern facelift and smarter AI.

Any games from the 360 and PS3 generation that are being overlooked for remakes? Or are you tired of remakes in general and don't want to see anymore?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
we've seen a lot of ps360 ports to modern platforms anyway, The Last of Us would've felt less redundant if there wasn't already a remastered version available, Demon's Souls is a good example of this

what I would be really interested to see is a Sonic 2006 remake to bring it to an actual playable state, even though the damage is done in regards to the story, I would just be really curious to see a fixed version of it

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Kameo: Elements of Power. It was one of the Xbox 360's launch titles back in 2005 and one of Rare's early post-Microsoft buyout games. It's structured not unlike a Legend of Zelda game in both gamneplay and narrative, but with a much more talkative version of Link. It opted for a much bigger focus on melee combat than Zelda has, and ended on a cliffhanger that was never resolved thanks to Microsoft canning the sequel early in development.=

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
The three Fable games. Fable Anniversary (which is itself a, now very old, remake of the original Xbox version), Fable 2, and Fable 3. With the new Fable coming out soon it really could use it. I would like them to change the models too. So that your character more closely matches the artwork in the first two games. As it is, they look like tree trunks posing as human, badly.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
like others have said, I would very much like to see Sonic '06 in a fully polished, finished release. I don't even hate the game as much as most, and I would still love to see the original vision for the game be realized.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Ninja Gaiden II, quite honestly.

The game itself is quite good, but I'd love for it to be optimized for today's tech, especially since there's that one part where the framerate sh*ts itself because of the amount of enemies on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom