• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3 New Pokémon for X and Y Pokédex!!!

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum? I hope you guys are enjoying the marathon, Let's go Mases and Bastian!!!

It has also been confirmed by Corocoro Magazine that 3 will new Pokémon have been added into the Kalos Pokédex:

1. Skiddo:
meekuru.jpg

Skiddo is the pre-evolution of Gogoat and also a Grass-Type.

2. Dedenne:
dedenne.jpg

Dedenne is the 6th generation "Pikachu" Pokémon and boy does he look adorable. As the Pikachu Pokémon, it looks similar to a small mouse. It is known as the Antennae Pokémon and can have one of two Abilities: Pick Up or Cheek Pouch. It is confirmed to be a Dual-Typing of Electric/Fairy. On another note, Dedenne will have the new move Nuzzle!
It Nuzzle, which looks cute as the user nuzzles up to a target with its cheeks fully charged, but it’s quite dangerous! Nuzzle will do damage while paralyzing the opponent. - Corocoro Magazine, Serebii.net

I for one think this a great move! I really do hope to use it often during my travels in Kalos!

3. Bunnelby:
horubii.jpg

This Pokémon is supposed to be based on the real life animal Rabbit. To me, it looks like either those Region Rabbits from Spirit Tracks or the Star Rabbits from the Super Mario Galaxy Series. Either way, it's cute! It is known as the Digging Pokémon (makes sense to me) It is confirmed to have the Normal Type and has the same Abilities like Dedenne, which are Pick Up and Cheek Pouch.

And there you have it, the 3 new Pokémon for X and Y. Honestly, these Pokémon are looking pretty cool and thus I can't wait for X and Y to finally come out! What are your thoughts of these Pokémon? Please comment and discuss about these new confirmed Pokémon and as always thanks for reading!

Source: Serebii.net

P.S. Since Dedenne and Bunnelby have the Cheek Pouch Ability, I wouldn't be surprised if Pikachu later on obtains this ability as well.

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Quite torn on their designs, really.

Meekuru looks alright but overall quite dull, there's nothing particularly exciting about it. Just, quite an average looking thing that I'm not exactly jumping at the chance to catch, lacking any vibrant colour or design. Dedenne is cute but just looks like an un-inspired mashup of Pikachu and a Marrill, without the charm of either one. Not the biggest fan but that said I'll definitely be catching and using one and likely stubbornly using it over other better electric choices because it's cute! :D

And finally, Horbuii. Nothing really to say except it's some goofy rabbit, I love it, it looks like Bidoof's brother. Definitely my favorite design of the bunch, mainly because I intend to catch one and immediately nickname it 'Bugs'. ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Everything shown is absolutely perfect and I couldn't have asked for more :')

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Design wise, I'm slightly unsatisfied. I do like some of their designs, but most I don't. I'm fairly disappointed with Dedenne's design, as it's very uncreative and basic. It's basically a Marill with Raichu's design is what it is. They could have done so much better, but I feel as if they half-assed it here. On the other hand, I think Meekuru's design is very cute. I'm glad Gogoat got a pre-evolution, but I'm even more happy that that's what it looks like. Additionally, I was going to say something about Horubii, but Fig stole the words right out of my mouth:

Fig said:
To me, it looks like either those Region Rabbits from Spirit Tracks or the Star Rabbits from the Super Mario Galaxy Series.

Granted it's cute, but it's still uncreative. Although I admire the fact that they're inspired by others games/series, they still need to take their own unique spin on things. That spin isn't evident on Horubii, unfortunately.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm fairly disappointed with Dedenne's design, as it's very uncreative and basic.

Every last one of the designs in Pokemon - from Charmander to whatever #666 will be - has been unimaginative and basic. I don't understand the complaint at all. Honedge is a sword with a hand and an eye. I've seen that kinda shizzle out of Akujiki. Pikachu is a rat with two dots on its cheeks. Raichu is a bigger rat. Chikorita is like a cucumber with a leaf on its head. But let's not forget Vanilluxe. ;p

Fig

The Altruist
MAJOR UPDATE GUYS!!!

The English names for these 3 new Pokémon has been confirmed from Corocoro Magazine today! For starters, Meekuru will be officially known as Skiddo! Skiddo will be rideable in the field. Dedenne will retain its Japanese name and will be known as Dedenne! (I still it's adorable and cute! :kawaii:) Horubii on the other hand will be officially known as Bunnelby! Kind of reminds me of the name Buneary if you ask me! :P

The Ability Cheek Pouches has also changed to Cheek Pouch! If a Pokémon with this Ability eats a Berry during battle, it will not only reap the benefit from the Berry, but the Pokémon will also be able to regain HP. This is a very nice Ability if I do say so myself.

On another note, Dedenne will have the new move Nuzzle!

It Nuzzle, which looks cute as the user nuzzles up to a target with its cheeks fully charged, but it’s quite dangerous! Nuzzle will do damage while paralyzing the opponent. - Corocoro Magazine, Serebii.net

I for one think this a great move! I really do hope to use it often during my travels in Kalos!

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Every last one of the designs in Pokemon - from Charmander to whatever #666 will be - has been unimaginative and basic. I don't understand the complaint at all. Honedge is a sword with a hand and an eye. I've seen that kinda shizzle out of Akujiki. Pikachu is a rat with two dots on its cheeks. Raichu is a bigger rat. Chikorita is like a cucumber with a leaf on its head. But let's not forget Vanilluxe. ;p

Not necessarily. Though I can understand most of the unimaginative/basic complaints about a handful of Pokémon, it clearly doesn't apply to all of them. Pikachu was very creatively designed, and is technically the face of the entire franchise. It's a staple that shows everyone how imaginative they are. Though Hondedge may just be a sword, where have we seen a sword Pokémon before? We haven't, therefore it's imaginative -- unique even. Even though I understand the complaint about Vanilluxe, it's still somewhat creative in it's own way.

The Pokémon I pointed out in my post earlier are without a doubt uncreative/basic. We've seen designs just like those before, whether they be from this franchise or another. Regardless of how cute they may be, they lost their potential to be really unique/creative Pokémon, and that's where this franchise fell short.

Meh. They're either too uninspired/basic, or too flashy, busy, and over-the-top. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it, too. Anyhow... Aside from just a smidgen of disfavor for "Bugs," I consider these designs as satisfactory for my tastes. Definitely going to name the goat Britney...

EonNinja

Pokemon Master
Considering every Gen we get a Pikachu lookalike, Dedenne doesn't surprise me. Bunnelby is Buneary and Bidoof's child, and Skiddo has actually been revealed prior to this. If you look closely in one of the trailers if you look closely enough. All in all, I'm quite satisfied with these and can't wait to see more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom