• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3-heart Equivilent for SS?

M

Mikau38

I just finished SS today and started up hero mode. I haven't played any of it yet but i figured you would have 3 hearts instead of 6 to start off. I love doing 3-heart playthroughs but it doesn't seem possible for SS. What should be/is the 3-heart playthrough for SS?

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
3-heart runs are based off the fact that you start with three hearts, so I suppose a 6-heart run? Alternatively, in Hero Mode, enemies do twice the damage, so maybe a 6-heart run on Hero Mode?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
A 3-heart run is really just a "don't collect any extra life" run. I don't know whether or not you still start with six hearts in Hero Mode but I doubt it (double damage and half life?) Similarly in A Link to the Past you cannot pull off a proper 3-heart run because you have to collect the heart containers after defeating the bosses. Yet, people who want a good challenge will only avoid unnecessary heart pieces and heart containers. In conclusion, just do a six-heart run.

Maffiline

nirorlei
Since you start with 6 hearts in Skyward, and not 3 as you do in other games, do a 6 heart challenge.
6 heart challenge in Skyward = 3 heart challenge in other Zelda games
Basically you don't collect any pieces of heart or heart containers and don't keep the Heart Medals in your Adventurer's Pouch.

If you want more of a challenge, do the above in Hero Mode: enemies do twice the damage, you can't get hearts except by potions and heart medals (in 6-heart-hero-mode, no heart medals), though this may be more challenging. ^^;;

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
In Hero's Mode foes give double damage. If you do a six heart run it will be like three heart because if you get hit three times you die so it's the equivalent of three heart run.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Six Heart, Hero Mode run is the SS equivalent for the standard 3HC. You can never start off with less/more than six hearts in Skyward Sword, which is a huge disappointment but really doesn't matter all that much. So again, 6HCHM is the equivalent for 3HC. Slap on the Heart Medal as soon as you get it, and then you're really playing a 3HC (hearts don't spawn in Hero Mode without the Heart Medal).

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Yeah, it's basically a 6 Heart Run because you start with 6 Hearts instead of 3, but the rules are exactly the same: don't collect any Heart Pieces or Heart Containers. It doesn't have to be on Hero Mode, unless you're a true masochist. ;) I actually just realized this, but in the normal mode, enemies do 1 heart of damage on average and you take 6 hits to die compared to Ocarina of Time, where enemies do half a heart of damage on average and you still die in 6 hits.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I actually just realized this, but in the normal mode, enemies do 1 heart of damage on average and you take 6 hits to die compared to Ocarina of Time, where enemies do half a heart of damage on average and you still die in 6 hits.
:?
Difficulty scaling in OoT is drastically different than in SS; the beginners enemies still do the typical damage (6 hits equals death), but as you carry on OoT enemies get powerful on average than SS enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom