• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3 Girls..or Goddesses?

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Farore, Naru,...and yes...I have forgotten the 3rd! :P

I was in the hotel and I had fused kinstones with..the green one (haha) and, well, I have a couple fo questions.

I have no idea the timeline theories so I'm lost as to,

1. Are these 3 girls like actually goddesses from the OoT? Are they just a point to the OoT and don't actually mean anything?
2. The guy who comes and decides to rent out his house, looks oddly familiar to the mean farmer in Lon Lon Ranch in OoT. Is he that same man??

P

pokemainiac

So you're saying the Goddesses, Din, Nayru and Farore, divine beings capable of creating the entire universe, are staying at a cheap inn? No, they're just 3 girls with the same names and colour preferences.

Hahaha yeah, it's just a reuse of the character designs and names. Not the actual Goddesses, but yeah the guy who rents the houses out is also Ingo, the guy who takes over Lon Lon Ranch in OoT. They're completely different characters though, I wouldn't worry about trying to fit them together in some crazy family tree where they relate to their OoT versions. Someone probably will eventually though, if they already haven't haha

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
hahahhaha! I didn't mean they were literally goddessess. I just like how they use characters like that from other games. I'm sure it has some deeper meanning behind it...it has too. This time line stuff is just too involved for these to be mere coincidences.

I mean, of all the new characters that could be brought in, they re-use old ones. Although nothing can be proved here, I say, there's definitely something going on when they do that.

It would be nice to think that Ingo?/Gorman? had one day travelled to this Hyrule after he got bored with farming and took up the rental bizz. It shows a longer life and more inter-connectedness of all the characters and their stories.

Ah well..maybe the goddesses just want to show off their beauty at the skanky inn ;P

There's no reason for Zelda to re-use characters. They've done it so much that it's become standard. I wouldn't read into it.

What you're missing here NoRush is that the three girls who appear in The Minish Cap are not based on Ocarina of Time but the Oracle games. OoA and OoS feature three girls, Nayru the Oracle of Ages, Din the Oracle of Seasons, and Farore the Oracle of Secrets. They bear the same names and colors of the three Golden Goddesses, but were not related in any other way. The girls who appear in The Minish Cap are direct copies of the Oracles, so any possible relation is with them, not the Goddesses. And I still don't think it's anything more than a cameo, something the Zelda series does constantly without reason.

I believe the guy's name is Gorman in The Minish Cap. Gorman is originally from Majora's Mask, in which he was Termina's parallel of Ingo from Ocarina of Time. Again, re-used characters. There's literally no way he can be the same man. Many people theorize The Minish Cap is at the beginning of the timeline, and while this is not proven the events in it are distinct enough that it can not take place nearby another game really as far as I can see. Besides, Gorman was from Termina, not Hyrule. If it was named Ingo it would be different but there's no possibility here.

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
I was bothered for the longest time, because everyone was saying that the oracles in OOS and OOA were the goddeses, I made countless comments on youtube on 'Let's Plays' and 'walkthroughs' and 'gameplays' that the oracles were just named after the godesses not the godesses. Speculation sucks!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Exactly what Axle said. They are oracles, not goddesses, and they kind of represent the power of the goddesses with their charms. This is quite reasonable since the same people who created OoX created MC (not Nintendo, Campcom)

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Just like the carpenters, or in fact Zelda and Link themselves, there are certain characters that seem to be born into every generation, or at least look like the spitting image of their ancestors.

Marty McFly looked exactly like his great-grandfather Seamus McFly (and his son - and his daughter), and yet clearly they were not the same character.

While it would certainly be possible for the Goddesses to disguise themselves as mortal girls and test our hero, something in the game would probably hint at that. So yes, they are probably just an inside joke for those that have played other games of the series.

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
The girls who appear in The Minish Cap are direct copies of the Oracles, so any possible relation is with them, not the Goddesses. And I still don't think it's anything more than a cameo, something the Zelda series does constantly without reason.

Actually, apparently they're the same people. If you do 100% of the figurines (which I have) their descriptions says that Naryu is from Labranna, and Din is from wherever she's from in her game. They're just staying there for a while apparently. Or something like that

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Hmm...I see Axle. I should probably play the Oracle games next..at least the stories will be fresh in my head. I can start to formulate my own theories!
So the real phrase should have been "3 Girls...or Oracles?" (and the answer is still no?)

I'm not sure what the conclusion is here?
Actually, apparently they're the same people. If you do 100% of the figurines (which I have) their descriptions says that Naryu is from Labranna, and Din is from wherever she's from in her game. They're just staying there for a while apparently. Or something like that

Is Labranna a place in OoX? Or is that a place from MC? It would make more sense to be from OoX right, because then there could be, as I think your saying Wakerof Winds, that they could be related to or actually are the Oracles...just chillin in the hotel? I'm not too clear on what you mean by "Ther're just staying THERE for a while apparently, or something like that." Where exactly is where? That there staying in the hotel in MC or that there staying in some place in OoX before going...anywhere else...parallel dimension place that I'm too rookie to speak about at this moment.

I am starting to understand the OoT/MM parallel world-people issue. I've learned more about that than the MC in this conversation ;)

B

bellasajor

Descendants?

I have a possible answer to question number 1:

I does indeed say that Nayru is from Labrynna and Din is from Holdrum (Don't know about Farore) if you get their figurines from Carlov, but I believe they are just descendants of the oracles. That would explain why their charm is not so powerful.

They are oracles, not goddesses, and they kind of represent the power of the goddesses with their charms. This is quite reasonable since the same people who created OoX created MC (not Nintendo, Campcom)
I'm not even necessarily convinced they correlate with the Goddesses at all. We don't know for sure why they're named the same (I think it's just a reference personally, not anything meaningful), but regardless there's nothing really connecting them to the Goddesses at all aside from the name itself.

Just like the carpenters, or in fact Zelda and Link themselves, there are certain characters that seem to be born into every generation, or at least look like the spitting image of their ancestors.
No, that's not it. It's not even supposed to be descendants or relatives of any kind when you see these same characters appear again. With the exception of Zelda (who is distinctly always named Zelda), the reuse of the same exact name fails to make sense at all if they're descendants, so clearly that cannot be the case. Not with how many instances of it there are.

I'm fully aware of that, WakerofWinds. That still doesn't make any sense because the events of The Minish Cap and the events of the Oracle games don't work together because the events in The Minish Cap are so major. Things like all the monsters coming from the Sealed Chest, Vaati taking over Hyrule's government, the clearly different Links and Zeldas in both. It just doesn't work. The figurine text is just more of the cameo reference.

So the real phrase should have been "3 Girls...or Oracles?" (and the answer is still no?)
Kind of, yeah. The question now is are they three random girls or are they the same three Oracles from OoX? I believe there there are enough contradictions and compatibility issues to clearly conclude that they are just a cameo reference, and that as far as actual canon is concerned, they weren't the same people at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom