• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2nd Quest-Start Off with the Hidden Skills, Upgrades, and Skip Tutorials

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I was thinking, if the Hidden Skills were to return, wouldn't it be cool if we could start out with them?

In Twilight Princess, the game's combat built up on itself so we'd slowly get stronger, gain more skills, and fight enemies that these skills were designed for. And, of course, it didn't overwhelm newbies. But after playing it twice (or...fifty-seven times...), we are no longer in the stage that we can't handle all the Hidden Skills at once.

A minor problem I had with Skyward Sword is that the Hero Mode still treated us like we couldn't play yet. I think the next Zelda title should allow us to skip tutorials once we are in "Hero Mode" or the 2nd Quest. And, if they show up, we should be given all the previously unlocked Hidden Skills at once. All items we receive should have their previous upgrades (assuming this returns). And we shouldn't have to go through the tutorial again when we are at the stage where we're attempting the hardest challenge the game has to offer.

i'd quite like a second quest in a future Zelda to give us all of Link's physical abilities etc, it'd give the second quest a reason to be viciously tough early on. I didn't like that SS's Hero Mode assumed we couldnt play, it did bug me quite a bit since the only difference was enemies did double damage and there were no heart flowers (but the chairs were generously spread out so they got rid of the heart flower problem) In a true second quest, especially one where we could start with our skills it'd be glorious if the enemies did more than just double damage, if there were more of them and if they were more vicious towards us then that'd be awesome, we can dream...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Second quest shouldn't have a "Skip Event" option; the entire game should right from the very start. I'm not gonna play a game so I can later skip cutscenes; I play a game so I can skip cutscenes and get to the meat of the game which is the PLAYING part of it.

Other than that, a functioning "New Game+" mode which is what you, DarkestLink, are essentially describing will have far too many issues if we just receive everything we unlocked/obtained in the previous playthrough. A number of problems:

- If we retain all hidden skills, will we have new ones in Second Quest?
- If we retain all items, does this include Heart Containers, stat enhancers etc.? Or just weapons and potions?
- Retaining item upgrades means we would need stronger enemies to fit to damage, defense and speed scale, which doesn't go well with introductory areas. Plus, vets would crave even MORE upgrades since we get a SECOND quest to brave.

How would you fix these?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Second quest shouldn't have a "Skip Event" option; the entire game should right from the very start. I'm not gonna play a game so I can later skip cutscenes; I play a game so I can skip cutscenes and get to the meat of the game which is the PLAYING part of it.

So....you enjoy the tutorials? Uh OK then, don't skip em. *shrug*

- If we retain all hidden skills, will we have new ones in Second Quest?

Don't see a reason to.

- If we retain all items, does this include Heart Containers, stat enhancers etc.? Or just weapons and potions?

We don't retain items. We just retain upgrades. (i.e., you take the fully upgraded bow out of the chest)

- Retaining item upgrades means we would need stronger enemies to fit to damage, defense and speed scale, which doesn't go well with introductory areas. Plus, vets would crave even MORE upgrades since we get a SECOND quest to brave.

...Well...yeah...it's the 2nd quest. Kinda goes without saying...yes, the enemies will be tougher (in whatever way Nintendo chooses to implement).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom