• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2d Zelda

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
While a 2D Zelda for the Wii is weird they have actually made a few 2D games for it and some not using the motion bar at all its just button pressing.

The DS would work more except I would probally feel weird not using the touch screen. (I still use my Gameboy for its own games.) I would love to see a new 2D Zelda ,but sadly its probally not coming anyitme soon and even less likely after that.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I doubt it's something they'll ever completely abolish. By which I mean never use again. I think on the DS it'd work really well. A 2D top-open view where you controlled Link with the touch screen I think would work. I actually think it would revolutionise the control. Lately I've been playing Animal Crossing Wild World, and you can move around by either buttons of the touch screen. The touch screen can be incredibly non-responsive and while using this to walk and to pick up items and such and to use items there are alot of problems. I find myself trying to pick up an apple but instead swinging my axe or my fishing rod. I think they could revolutionise DS control if they made a 2D where link was moved around with the touch screen and the items were used with the A,B,X and Y buttons.

The reason that I think a 2D open-top view would work well with the DS is that there would be no confusion at all, it'd be clear where you were clicking and where you wanted to go, and thus there wouldn't be the confusion there sometimes was with Phantom Hourglass. Also, the 2D view would allow us to see better. In PH, there where alot of times where it was not entirely clear what was going on with the terrain because of the odd 2.5D style.

However, I think that the 2D style will have to return. If they remake ALttP as Anouma has always wanted to do, it would have to be 2D I think. It just wouldn't really feel the same to have to 3D or 2.5D world. It wouldn't be a remake to me, just a completely different game.

Also, another reason why I think that they will have to use this again is that, it is just like a different game. Eventually people will become bored of Zelda if every game is 3D as they will all seem to feel the same. With the occasional 2D game, it gives the series some variation. It also helps children I think as the top-open view makes puzzle and such simpler so it is a more child or video game noob friendly.

I hope that we see the 2D style again, as to me, Minish cap and LoZ and ALttP are all brilliant games and I want to see more like them. I much prefer 2D to 2.5D if I'm honest, I hope that we will see it again, but I also think we will see it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom