• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2D or 3D Video Games?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
That's a pretty dumb question. 2D is still fun and all, but 3D has brought so many possibilities to gaming. So yeah, 3D.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
No universal rule here, but generally I prefer 3D games. 2D games tend to be harder, but difficulty is overrated to me. I don't gain much satisfaction in beating a hard computer...when I want difficulty, I'll fight a player. 3D games offer a lot more depth and just feel more fun and engaging to me.

Salem

SICK
I find 2d games in general to be easier to understand. You see everything that's happening on screen at once, generally speaking.

3d games in the other hand, have a more limited perspective, they generally take me longer to figure out what's going on.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I love me some Super Meat Boy, Cave Story, Megaman IX, etc... but 3D has been the future of videogames since 1995.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
There'll always be a place for 2D games, but, there's a reason why we've moved onto primarily 3D. And I do prefer 3D games. There's just more you can do.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I can't say that I've played too many 2D games, but I can say that I've played quite a few 3D games. 3D games give you options and abilities you wouldn't otherwise have with a 2D game. Though, that doesn't mean 2D games are bad by any definition of the word, it's just that 3D games clearly have many advantages over them.

Easily both. It is really hard to choose, as each one has its own merits. Moreover, since the inception of 3D, 2D has become a genre all its own, so choosing the former over the latter is kind of silly, in my opinion. I just can't seem to apply a "versus" between them anymore. Not to mention the majority of my favorite fighting games are in 2D, and I'd be devastated if they made the transition over to 3D, as it would never be the same.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
It doesn't really matter to me. There has been bad 2D games and bad 3D games. There has also been good 2D games and good 3D games. I don't think games should be judged on if they are 2D or 3D, because I don't think games should be judged on graphics. They both give a different feel to the game and either the developers do it right or they somehow screw it up.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
2D or 3D games...either one is fun to play with as long that I understand the game and play it well. I haven't played any 3D games recently since I'm always replaying 2D games. Every game has it's own way to entertain us with it's 2D or 3D graphics and we enjoyed it anyway we can. So, I have to say either one is fine.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I grew up with 2D and loved it, however 3D is my favourite, simply because you have more options in types of gameplay than you do with good ol' 2D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom