• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2D or 3D Video Games?

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I like both.

There are plenty of 2d Games I wouldn't want to be anything other then they are.

3d games, tend though to offer immersion, something which 2d games can't really pull off the same with out a well written story.

It depends on the genre, honestly. I will always think that platformers will be better in 2D, as I think that they're easier to control. But open world games don't work in 2D very well. Then there are some genres that work well in both 2D and 3D, such as RPGs, fighters, and action games.

I can't choose.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I greatly prefer 3D over 2D. That's not to say 2D doesn't have it's charms, and it's also not to say I hate 2D games. But in the face of 3D, 2D is much much more uninteresting to look at. Aesthetic appeal isn't necessarily a deal maker or breaker, but I've always enjoyed 3D games far more. They're just more pleasant to look at to me, and they usually have better sound quality to boot. 3D games are also at a technological advantage; they're typically made better. Not to mention how much easier it is for me to get immersed in a 3D world than a 2D one. 3D is the way to go for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom