• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

24 Tributes, 24 Tragedies, A Hunger Games Roleplay

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"I have no such void inside me," Vashe replied. "I've killed before... in regards to animals. I never enjoyed it, it was just what we had to do where I lived. We always made it quick, merciful. I never got my rocks off on seeing anything hurt. As for 'freeing' me, I don't see why you'd even want to. You long to kill me, anyway. It's much easier to kill a caged bird than one in flight."

Ganondork

goo
"And what if I spared you? What if I let you win the games, ensuring your survival, as long as you allowed me to kill everyone else?" He thought back about Erin. He wasn't sure how she would fit into the equation, but he knew it had to work somehow. "If I win these games, what happens to me, then? I can't kill anymore. I'm practically dead." He grinned at the girl, and raised his free hand in the air, his head cocked to the side, as though simulating hanging from a noose. "But you can be happy with survival. Let me murder until I am content, and then I'll lead you to safety."

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"I don't trust you," she said. "I can see the gleam in your eyes. You want to watch me bleed."

Vashe did wonder if she could use an alliance with this young man to her advantage. With him protecting her for even a little while, she could do more than just shout at the viewers through the cameras.... she could do all kinds of inventive sabotage to the arena to make her "voice" heard. Maybe, just maybe, if she could gain the marginal trust of Manius, she could sabotage his works, as well, warning weaker and potentially nicer Tributes.

She knew the tradition was that no one decent gets out of the Games alive, but, sometimes, some wild-card gentle kid got out of things by avoiding the slaughter and the arena-dangers through wit and luck. Vashe looked around, trying to find that kid. A large part of her wanted Luke to survive, but she saw his work - a sign of secret training - and thought that perhaps, he wasn't as innocent as she'd thought.

Yeah, maybe being an ally to the Careers might be a way for her to play to some kind of martial pacifism - stay alive, wreck the Capitol's sh*t as much as possible, for as long as she can. Most people weren't gutsy enough to do stuff like that, fearing for their families. Vashe knew she had her family's support, that they were as ready to fight or to die as much as she was.

She turned her gaze out at the other areas of the training hall and to the mentors on the promenade above. "I may take you up on your offer," she said. "I will bleed one way or another, I suppose. Perhaps I would be the best winner. And if you win, you can put in to transfer yourself to District 10. You'd make a fine butcher - or one of the stock-guards shooting off the coyotes. So, what was it that made you suddenly consider this? I thought I was a 'weakling' in your eyes."

Ganondork

goo
"I've never felt so alive," Manius confessed. "It's like a high. Once you've reached it, nothing can ever compare to that initial feeling. And what if I win the games? What then for me? I can't just murder. I'll be dead within the day if I do. That's no fun for me. I'd rather die doing the thing that gives me a reason to live." He was quiet for a long time, images of gore flashing through his mind. Yet, he saw the coldness of death, too. "You are a weakling," he said finally. "I could snap your neck right now. But you have nothing to live for, so that makes you just insane enough to consider putting a knife to my throat." His smile disappeared as he looked at her again.

"If my hunt were to be ended early, I would be discontent. I would be in a body bag, too. But then again, so would you. If you die, then what? There will be no one to save the little tributes from being killed." He paused. "I see it in your eyes. You might take my offer, but you'll try and keep me from killing the smaller ones. Or the ones that you like." His smile returned. "But I will spare them for as long as I can if you join me."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((...I don't feel comfortable timeskipping for all of you, so I'll offer a transition.))

They stylists only watched some of the training. Just enough to get an idea of how the tributes moved, what would look best on them, and what would be the best-fitting designs for them inside the Arena. But mostly just to imagine pretty dresses and fancy suits on the little killing machines inside the room.

But one young designer was looking at more than the tributes' bodies. She was looking at how they talked, how they carried themselves, the expressions on their faces. She was planning to make her designs more... personal than most would. She wanted her designs to fit her tributes in every way, not just one. And boy did she have ideas...

((OK, as selfish as this is, I think I want her to go to districts 6 or 10. I know my own characters better than others, and could make designs a lot easier for them. That takes half the hard work out of things. So, whoever wants a Janus making their clothes more, just speak up.))

Last edited:

blue-eyes

Phoenix
(If Shadsie is ok, I'd like the stylist to be for eight)

Jordan, tired from training as well as social interactions, walked towards the elevator. He searched for something eye catching, and his gaze drifted upward, towards the Trainers and Sylists. He saw one observing the Tributes. He ignored it and continued onward. He got into the dull grey elevator and leaned back against the wall. He saw a few other tributes coming towards where he was, so he held the elevator.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(Up to Tatl. She can pick any district she wants. Maybe she influences other stylists, too...)

Vashe filed past the promenade, lead by the District 10 caretaker Avoxes. She had a lot on her mind, namely a "deal with the devil" as it were. She smiled along the way, putting on a brave face. She made jokes, some of them sick and twisted gallow-humor.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
( ok so just started I am going to do my reaping stuff then sorta catch up with you guys :D)

Jay stood with all the 14 year olds he was nervous why wouldn't you be he thought. The two kids beside him were shaking. "And know for the boys" they announced. Jay looked behind him looking for his parents and brother. He spotted them they smiled and mouthed something he couldn't understand. He turned around his eyes glued to the hand slowly pulling out the slip of paper. "Jay Fuego" They announced with a smile. Jay stood there frozen like a statue he felt like someone stabbed him right in the gut. He finally snapped back in to reality he saw everyone looking at him. He looked behind him and saw his family crying especially his mother who was burrowing her face into her hands. Jay walked to the stage he didn't have any emotion he wasn't crying wasn't frowning he was just blank and everything felt like a hazy dream that he hoped he would wake up from
( so is everyone still in the training phase and should I just skip to that for know ? )

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
(ok thanks :D)

(Bored so here is some training stuff) Jay trained not much in weaponry it fighting skills but more on survival techniques and different plants. He didn't want to starve to death so he taught himself how to cook food and make a fire. He looked around and noticed the other tributes training with weapons and shooting targets he was scared. What if they found him and he couldn't defend himself. He quickly got up and walked towards the weapon training.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR GAMEMAKER.

I am sharing with you interesting news from the Capitol! Posters in commemoration of the everyday heroes of Panem! Check them out!

(I happen to be on District 10's poster, so you can start from there, links to others are at bottom) - https://www.yahoo.com/movies/today-we-honor-panems-district-heroes-A89104927511.html

(Just thought players might be interested, if they haven't already seen them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom