• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2023 Gaming Goals

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
A follow up to uwu's thread from last year, what are some of your gaming goals for 2023? What games do you want to play, or are looking forward to?

Going into 2023 I want to finish Bug Fables since I started it. I want to finish my playthrough of Breath of the Wild. Once Tears of the Kingdom releases it will take up the majority of my gaming time spent in 2023 I think.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I want to finish my replays of BotW and AoC before the end of January. It might be possible, but once I get back to work, I dunno...

Then I finally need to play Bayonetta 3, Nier Automata, and Persona 5 Royal. I'm hoping I can finish all that while balancing the Sunbreak title updates all before Tears of the Kingdom releases. I also want to finish my replay of Ys VIII that I started earlier in the year but never finished due to Three Hopes and Sunbreak releasing, but that's lower priority.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I want to 100% complete mario galaxy, mario 64, and sunshine next year. Already over halfway done with galaxy, so I'm hoping I can get it finished in the spring sometime and move on to the next one.

I also want to 100% complete yoshi's island and play through a link to the past on nso.
There's a lot of short platformer games I got in the fall I want to finish soon too. Plus ori.

I want to finish let's go eevee by the end of the year, and hopefully shield too. And I'm hoping to have lots of fun throughout year playing splatoon 3 and playing through smash ultimate's story mode, unlocking the characters, and battling with you guys online.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'd like to do my annual Wind Waker playthrough since I missed getting that done in 2022. Not so annual anymore, I suppose.

Not sure how much I'll get finished in the old backlog with Fire Emblem: Engage just around the corner, but in the first half of the year, I'd like to at least finish some of the higher priority games I've started like Yakuza 0, Xenoblade X, FFXIV, etc. I'm not actually sure if I'll get BotW2 on release, but I'm keeping that in mind as a point where I'd want to have some of my goals completed by.

As far as replays go, along with WW I also want to replay both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn at some point. Last time I've beaten both was 2020, so I want to revisit them, RD especially.

Can't think of anything else much beyond that. I guess I'd also like to play more FF and Tales, but that's a bit less priority right now.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I'll carry over my goal from last year of playing more PSP games onto here, it's still something I want to do but keep forgetting to get to

This one may sound weird b/c it's more of an anti-gaming goal, but I need to buy less games overall, I sorta want to focus more on replays this time around even though I'm still going to have new-to-me games on rotation, not to mention whatever's announced this year that I would want to jump on

and a pretty general one is to dig more into my backlog

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
(Hopefully) playing both Ghost of Tsushima and Pokemon Scarlet/Violet on PC. They're titles with different obstacles in their paths, but I want to play them both.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
My main goal right now is to 100% BOTW before TOTK comes out. Been slowly chipping away at that every day.

I also want to try and kill a decent amount of my back log. I still have to finish Persona 5 and I’ve been wanting to play Nier and Xenoblade. I don’t know how much time I’ll have for all of these because I’m planning on playing Fire Emblem Engage, Resident Evil 4, Hogwarts Legacy, and TOTK when they come out.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Mostly just getting through my backlog. Though this year in particular, I would like to focus more on my Playstation backlog. I barely touched my PS4 when I had it and now that I have a PS5, I would like to get through some of my PS4 games, starting with the God of War 3 remaster so I can finally catch up to the reboot.

Currently working through Assassin's Creed: Rogue, another series I've been lagging on and meaning to get through. Though, my goal is to finish Syndicate sometime this year as well because I've just been dying to get to Origins.

Also, 2 years ago I finally got to play through Super Mario 64 via 3D All-Stars and last year, I finally 100% Super Mario Sunshine. This year, I definitely plan on doing the same with Super Mario Galaxy. I've 100% it before, but it's basically tradition at this point. My nephew actually got 3D All-Stars for Christmas but right now he's all about The Legend of Zelda. So I might start it up when he finally starts winding down on Breath of the Wild to get him back on some Mario.

I've also been trying to play some more 3DS lately. I've recently come to the realization that I hadn't really played much Mario Kart 7 so I started messing with it again, mostly just as an excuse to pick up my 3DS again. But there's actually several games I haven't really touched that I'd like to get to this year like Kid Icarus: Uprising. Been also thinking about revisiting the Zelda games, starting with Phantom Hourglass so I can finally get through Spirit Tracks. Same with the others on 3DS so I can finally beat Majora's Mask.

We'll see how it goes, especially with games like Resident Evil 4 remake and Tears of the Kingdom being absolute priorities for me when they release. Maybe even Alan Wake II if it actually releases this year. Might also have to go through the Metroid Prime Trilogy if Prime 4 finally shows itself too.

The main thing I want to do is finish all the games I've started over the past year or so but didn't finish yet. That being Pokemon Legends Arceus, Pokemon Violet, Skyward Sword, Final Fantasy 13, Ori and The Blind Forest, and Death's Door; I'm fairly far into the first three and barely into the latter three. I also don't game a ton so this might take me a big portion of the year so I'm not inclined to set any gaming goals beyond that currently.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Mainly just to actually game lol. My current lineup after I finish OoT is MM, Portal 2 and Yo-Kai Watch 3 for sure. I do want to get more Pokemon games under my belt, I wanna play at least X and Black before moving on to the Switch ones. And I'll throw in beat Minecraft as well cuz that has to happen eventually

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I want to beat TotK first off. That's the big one this year (super hyped for it).

The games I have access to and want to get done are the first 3 Professor Layton games and the Metroid Prime trilogy. I know I said I'd play Metroid last year, but it just didn't work out for me. Aka I forgot. But I really do want to give it a shot.

Games I'm planning to buy, Minecraft switch. I miss Minecraft dearly. Another possibility is Skyrim if I get bored.

And lastly, I really do want to give Spirit Tracks another shot. I'm slightly dissapointed in myself for not finishing it. This one will be at the end of my list but it's definately on there.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I played an entire 34 games for the first time last year, in addition to games that I replayed like Metroid Dread, Super Mario Galaxy (100%ed it for the billionth time), Super Mario Land 2, and about a dozen MM randomizers among others.

This year, I want to expand my gaming horizons even more. In addition to playing more games from series that I’ve already tried like Wario Land, I want to play some games that I’ve barely touched if at all like the Mega Man Zero/ZX collection, Bug Fables, the classic Doom games and Pokemon Colosseum.

Also, TotK and whatever other new games that have yet to be announced that I might be interested in.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I want to finish my replays of BotW and AoC before the end of January. It might be possible, but once I get back to work, I dunno...

Then I finally need to play Bayonetta 3, Nier Automata, and Persona 5 Royal. I'm hoping I can finish all that while balancing the Sunbreak title updates all before Tears of the Kingdom releases. I also want to finish my replay of Ys VIII that I started earlier in the year but never finished due to Three Hopes and Sunbreak releasing, but that's lower priority.
This is still true but after I finish those three new games, I want to play Blossom Tales 1 and 2 back to back since I just got 2. I am thinking I wanna replay Cadence of Hyrule after that, too. Hopefully I can actually do all of that before May...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I'll carry over my goal from last year of playing more PSP games onto here, it's still something I want to do but keep forgetting to get to

This one may sound weird b/c it's more of an anti-gaming goal, but I need to buy less games overall, I sorta want to focus more on replays this time around even though I'm still going to have new-to-me games on rotation, not to mention whatever's announced this year that I would want to jump on

and a pretty general one is to dig more into my backlog
just as a brief mid year check in

still lagging on the PSP games but it's still on my mind so maybe that'll change soon enough

as far as buying less games, seems to have gone pretty well, I've only bought a few games and have gone through all but 1 of them, so I've prioritizing what I know I would get to

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom