• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2023 Gaming Goals

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Mainly just to actually game lol. My current lineup after I finish OoT is MM, Portal 2 and Yo-Kai Watch 3 for sure. I do want to get more Pokemon games under my belt, I wanna play at least X and Black before moving on to the Switch ones. And I'll throw in beat Minecraft as well cuz that has to happen eventually
Interesting. MM still needs to happen, and I also wanna do my routine of playing WW and TP back to back. Considering holding out for holiday releases of them on the Switch but lol. I did play Portal 2 though. I also started Pokemon White but realized Pokemon games just aren't really my thing, casting Yo-Kai watch into doubt.

Minecraft was beaten too :cool:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I want to beat TotK first off. That's the big one this year (super hyped for it).

The games I have access to and want to get done are the first 3 Professor Layton games and the Metroid Prime trilogy. I know I said I'd play Metroid last year, but it just didn't work out for me. Aka I forgot. But I really do want to give it a shot.

Games I'm planning to buy, Minecraft switch. I miss Minecraft dearly. Another possibility is Skyrim if I get bored.

And lastly, I really do want to give Spirit Tracks another shot. I'm slightly dissapointed in myself for not finishing it. This one will be at the end of my list but it's definately on there.
I'm actually... doing pretty well on my goals this year. I beat totk (it was amazing). I also got minecraft and have spent a lot of time on that. I'm going to start Metroid Prime soon and I'm excited for it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I'll carry over my goal from last year of playing more PSP games onto here, it's still something I want to do but keep forgetting to get to

This one may sound weird b/c it's more of an anti-gaming goal, but I need to buy less games overall, I sorta want to focus more on replays this time around even though I'm still going to have new-to-me games on rotation, not to mention whatever's announced this year that I would want to jump on

and a pretty general one is to dig more into my backlog
might have to give the PSP thing a rest for now, the circle stick has been giving me mad drift and is making it unplayable, I need to see what I can do to fix it if I quit procrastinating

in terms of buying less games, I did pretty well on that, only bought like few games that came out this year that I've played/am playing through, and only two backlog additions which I'm glad it's not any more than that

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Well I have in mind beating Shiva in SMTV, I am in my third playthrough and will probably do that some time, even if it means putting TP aside for a bit.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I want to finish my replays of BotW and AoC before the end of January. It might be possible, but once I get back to work, I dunno...

Then I finally need to play Bayonetta 3, Nier Automata, and Persona 5 Royal. I'm hoping I can finish all that while balancing the Sunbreak title updates all before Tears of the Kingdom releases. I also want to finish my replay of Ys VIII that I started earlier in the year but never finished due to Three Hopes and Sunbreak releasing, but that's lower priority.

This is still true but after I finish those three new games, I want to play Blossom Tales 1 and 2 back to back since I just got 2. I am thinking I wanna replay Cadence of Hyrule after that, too. Hopefully I can actually do all of that before May...
Coming back here at the end of the year to look back. I did manage to play all those games, but I didn't get to Persona 5 until *after* TotK. I don't remember when I played the Blossom Tales games, it may have been before or after TotK. But I do know I never made it to that Cadence of Hyrule replay or that Ys VIII replay. (I did play a little of it in April, but not a full replay.)

So I didn't hit all my marks, but I did do pretty good.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I want to beat TotK first off. That's the big one this year (super hyped for it).

The games I have access to and want to get done are the first 3 Professor Layton games and the Metroid Prime trilogy. I know I said I'd play Metroid last year, but it just didn't work out for me. Aka I forgot. But I really do want to give it a shot.

Games I'm planning to buy, Minecraft switch. I miss Minecraft dearly. Another possibility is Skyrim if I get bored.

And lastly, I really do want to give Spirit Tracks another shot. I'm slightly dissapointed in myself for not finishing it. This one will be at the end of my list but it's definately on there.
I beat TotK, so that's my main goal done! I went and bought Minecraft which I've spent a LOT of time playing this year and I'm very glad I purchased. I also finally played Metroid Prime!! Granted, I haven't beaten it yet (I actually haven't even picked it up in a couple months) but I made it as far as the Phazon mines and I do plan on finishing it at some point. It's not quite when I used to beat 4-5 Zelda Games a year, but I'm happy with the progress I made. This has been a good year for gaming.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Going into 2023 I want to finish Bug Fables since I started it. I want to finish my playthrough of Breath of the Wild. Once Tears of the Kingdom releases it will take up the majority of my gaming time spent in 2023 I think.
It's been a weird year. I didn't even finish Bug Fables, or get very far from where I left off last year in fact. I didn't finish my playthrough of BotW before Tears of the Kingdom released either.

The only thing that did happen was Tears of the Kingdom took up the majority of my gaming time this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom