• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2022 Gaming Goals

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Last year I was really disappointed by the amount of games I played. Most normal people would probably consider wanting to spend more time on your couch playing video games a bad thing, but I do love being a gamer and I want to try and branch out more. So on that note, I thought I'd type out the games I would like to start/finish this year.

Firstly I plan on finishing Spirit Tracks, but after that I actually now own Cadence of Hyrule and Metroid Prime 3. My main goal is to get those three done first, since I have them now. Some other games I'm considering getting are Hollow Knight, Skyrim, and Xenoblade Chronicles. There's obviously also BotW 2, but we'll have to see when/if that hits shelves. And as for games I'm continuing, I really want to keep up with ACNH for as long as my attention span will allow. My island if kind of garbage right now, and there's so much more I could do with more items and different seasons. I also need to get back to ALttP, because I got all the way to the third dungeon and having been avoiding it for at least a month. I don't dislike the game, it's just very tedious for me.
Well see what other stuff I get along the way, but that's what I'm planning for right now. (I also want to revive this thread in like a year to see if I actually did any of this lol). So, anybody else have any gaming plans for this year?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I thought about this recently, and I want to play more PSP games. I've owned mine for a few years now and I've played through less than 10 games on it total, and I haven't even gotten to some of the notable ones I wanted to play for the longest of time like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops or Daxter. At the least, I want to play through those soon.

I also need to replace my PS3 b/c its crapping out on me and won't accept discs, of which there's plenty I want to play and replay on it too. I want to look for a Super Slim this time. And just replay through some games in general since there's a lot I haven't played in over 5 years now.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Ooh this is a good one. I do intend on doing another TP 100% run, but this time I'm getting all the stamps. Also would like to get a better computer and then speedrun Minecraft in 3 hours or so. Other than that, idrk, maybe get a 3DS and play some Pokemon? I'll just do whatever sounds fun mainly.

I’d started my current job last February, and since then it’s been 40-50something hours almost every week. I don’t know how others who put even more overtime make any significant time for gaming, especially if they have more responsibilities than I do. But then again my schedule is usually 10-11 hours for four days and then just totally crashing out on Friday. Hoping as I get healthier in general maybe I’ll have more energy, but I’m actually trying to spend a bit less time gaming - one reason being my wallet and another being that I want to focus on finishing my own game or comic this year. Thankfully I’m not looking forward to much.

That said, I do have some ideas. Mostly clearing my never ending backlog, doing some challenge runs of games, playing another scary game in October.

I’ve done a number of 3 heart runs through some of the Zelda games, but don’t feel confident enough to do so in BotW. Instead, I’ve thought of going through it without equipping any armor or clothing. I managed to finish one dungeon but I dropped the game for a bit for some reason, so maybe I’ll try again. Another challenge might be going through No More Heroes 3 without using Death Glove skills; the other NMH games weren’t hard but 3 really becomes a cakewalk once you get the skills, extremely easy to abuse, especially compared to the first three levels/bosses of the game.

I would like to at least finish one game in my backlog, particularly any Fromsoft game. I’ve gotten maybe halfway or two thirds through many, even technically finished Demon’s Soulsbut I had been duping items with Thomas. I feel like maybe Sekiro or Metal Wolf Chaos may be doable for me.

lastly, as far as scary games go, who knows. I really enjoyed Maneater and it was probably my GotY when it came out, but I’ve yet to play the DLC. I couldn’t play Subnautica for my fear of giant sea creatures and big open waters in general, but being able to kill them made it manageable in Maneater. So I may choose this to hold off on.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I thought about this recently, and I want to play more PSP games. I've owned mine for a few years now and I've played through less than 10 games on it total, and I haven't even gotten to some of the notable ones I wanted to play for the longest of time like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops or Daxter. At the least, I want to play through those soon.
I'm here to tell half a year ago me that you've done a real cruddy job at maintaining this goal, and hopefully half a year in the future me will have better news regarding this

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Ooh this is a good one. I do intend on doing another TP 100% run, but this time I'm getting all the stamps. Also would like to get a better computer and then speedrun Minecraft in 3 hours or so. Other than that, idrk, maybe get a 3DS and play some Pokemon? I'll just do whatever sounds fun mainly.
I forgot about this thread, but LET'S FREAKING GOOOO :cool::cool::cool:
TP: Check, albeit not 100%
Better comptuer: Check, idk when I'll have 3 free hours tho.
3DS: Acquired, thanks again @Link&Midna, and Pokemon Sun in progress

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Never made one but here goes, get Duck Hunt into Elite smash (at 7mil gsp rn) beat SS and MM, finish my replay of oot, get as many stars as I can in mario 64 (I'm at 44) and uhhh whatever else I wanna do as I feel like it but those are my main goals
Would like to do more with the 64 expansion too, there's a lot of neat games
Also get more mons in pokemon pinball, I believe I'm at 111/151 (save I've had since the 8th grade lol)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I've been playing a lot of Fortnite's zero build with some friends. Since Darth Vader is one of the final rewards, my current goal is to creep my way up to level 100 to unlock him.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
very late to this, but here goes
>complete the FFXIV free trial, Heavensward included (should've had this one done a long time ago)
>do my yearly playthrough of Wind Waker
>finally play Trails in the Sky the 3rd and finish the trilogy
>finish Xenoblade Chronicles DE before 3 comes out
>fully clear Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate through G rank
>play through Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
>play more of the Tales series like I planned last year (Graces f is first on that list)

feels like a lot, but the second half of the year's fairly light on anything new, so I've got time
or so I say until I inevitably get distracted and never complete any of my goals :')

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Oh hey,someone revived my thread! Thank you!

Firstly I plan on finishing Spirit Tracks, but after that I actually now own Cadence of Hyrule and Metroid Prime 3. My main goal is to get those three done first, since I have them now. Some other games I'm considering getting are Hollow Knight, Skyrim, and Xenoblade Chronicles. There's obviously also BotW 2, but we'll have to see when/if that hits shelves. And as for games I'm continuing, I really want to keep up with ACNH for as long as my attention span will allow. My island if kind of garbage right now, and there's so much more I could do with more items and different seasons. I also need to get back to ALttP, because I got all the way to the third dungeon and having been avoiding it for at least a month. I don't dislike the game, it's just very tedious for me.
Well see what other stuff I get along the way, but that's what I'm planning for right now. (I also want to revive this thread in like a year to see if I actually did any of this lol). So, anybody else have any gaming plans for this year?
Well, did end up getting hollow knight. I didn't finish it, though. I also lost interest in Spirit Tracks partway through unfortu ately, and I don't think I'll get back to it this year. On the bright side though, I managed to beat CoH! I also started Minish Cap, which was not on my list, and am at the third dungeon. While I haven't been beating all the games I wanted to I've been playing more actively this year than last so that makes me happy. Hopefully I can keep it up for the next half.

Hmm, I have absolutely no idea. My focus will be on ANNO Mutationem for the time being, and potentially perfecting it on Steam depending on how doable that is after beating the game (I assume I'm about halfway, if not a little over, through the game). After that...

- Actually progress in Legends Arceus and potentially finish its story
- Play Dark Souls (not much to say here, I got the game for my birthday and beat the Asylum Demon and then shelved it for Legends Arceus for the time being)
- summer replay of Super Metroid goes somewhere in here?????
- Finish Metroid Dread (sort of similar to Dark Souls, I got it the same time I got another game and only sunk an hour into it before focusing on the other game)
- Find the motivation to finish that PC Bug Fables playthrough I left stagnant after starting Chapter 5 (maaaybe perfect the game if I, uh, know what I'm doing)
- Find the motivation to finish Cris Tales
- Finish or restart Chrono Trigger
- Actually progress in Morrowind and potentially finish its story

Three Hopes and Splatoon 3 might be in there somewhere too but meh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom