• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2020 U.S. Presidential Election Thread

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
You have to consider the wretched state of the DNC right now and what the democrat candidates are promising. It's ludicrous. They're insane. Reparations for blacks. Reparations for gays. Subsidizing student loans. And totally open borders- which is technically total disillusionment of the US as a sovereign nation. They're even talking about busing, which was horrendously unpopular with both blacks and whites in the 1970s. They're talking about re-implementing policies that are already historically proven failures! Any one of these proposals would cost taxpayers trillions. And every single one of them wants to reverse the tax cuts that everyone is enjoying at present. They've resorted to offering handouts. Buying votes, is what it is. Nothing they talk about is of any concern to the average american. They've stooped to pandering to the most extreme fringes of whatever's left of their base. And none of that matters to anyone with any sense of pattern recognition anyway because everything they've said in the last decade has been lies.

Each and every one of these candidates, individually, has their own PR baggage.

Lizzy "Pocahontas" Warren's self-politicized racial identity fail.
"Spartacus" Booker's horrendous behavior during the Kavenaugh snafu.
DeBlasio's entire tenure as mayor.
And Biden. Poor poor "Creepy Uncle Joe" Biden... serial hair sniffer and girl petter with his age old nostalgic fondness for white supremacist leaders.

... and he's supposed to be the "moderate" candidate!

What a clown show! I'd kill to have the party of Kennedy back. :sweating:

Not a single one of them would survive a minute of public scrutiny, let alone a debate against Trump.

Nevermind that Trump presides over a healthy economy and that is the single biggest factor in determining whether or not an incumbent president gets to stay. And popular support for Trump has only gained these last two years. He's currently experiencing his highest approval ratings. While the DNC has spent that time making sure everyone knows that they're the enemy of the people. Congress's approval ratings lay somewhere next to CNN's viewership ratings.

The liberal media's horrendous news bias and the rampant censorship that the big tech platforms are engaging in doesn't help the DNC's image. The anti-trust and civil class action suits against the big tech companies are going to generate tremendous negative publicity.

Now with investigations into the Russia Collusion hoax, the arrest of Epistein and the eventual extradition of Jullian Assange quite possibly leading to cases against high profile DNC figures up to and including the Clintons and Obama and the Dems don't stand a chance.

The democrats are facing the worst public relations disaster this country has ever seen. Arguably, the democratic party as it has come to be is done for. And good riddance because it has become a corrupt, conniving, illicit, ill-begotten despotic mess that should have been subject to major internal reform decades ago. Unfortunately, it required the election of Donald Trump to push them over the edge and reveal themselves for what they really are.

Had they simply accepted the election like - ya know? - actual democrats - their situation would not be so completely and thoroughly wrecked. But the loss triggered them and sent them into a violent frenzy that persists to this day. They've been taking their hatred out on everyone who defied them ever since.

They weaponized the justice system to stage a failed coup attempt against a duly elected president using conjured evidence, abuse of fisa warrants and media propaganda to carry it out.

They brought false and unsubstantiated sex abuse charges against a supreme court judicial appointee in a vain attempt to publicly smear his good name and render him unfit for office - once again using media propaganda to put on a show trial - in a repeat of what they did to another republican appointee (and a black man, fwiw) a few decades ago.

They once again used media propaganda to falsely attribute harsh conditions at border facilities to the sitting president that were in fact enacted by the previous two but particularly the last presidential administrations!

These are basic bannanna republic shenanigans.

Since day one of the 2016 election, democrats, including all of the running candidates, have promised this country totalitarian rule, world war three, global warming armegeddon, racial violence and oppression, complete reversal of civil rights, total economic collapse, civil war, and worse things as a direct result of the current administration - exactly none of which have come to pass.

Instead we get one of the nations greatest economies, peace brokering on the Korean peninsula, and the only total abstinence of foreign military conflict since 2001.

If this election shows us anything, it will be how many life-long democrats the party has lost to Trump. Hopefully forever until whatever is failing to pass for liberal democrats anymore can clean themselves up. The current state of the DNC is no good for democrats, it's no good for honest liberals and straight up dangerous for this country.

If the democrats offered up a single sane, level headed honest to God liberal, this self-proclaimed Donald Trump fanboy would GLADLY cast my vote for him or her. But not a single democrat presidential candidate goes against the DNC's status quo. They're a total loss.

The country deserves better than this. Fortunately, in the meantime, there's still Trump.

I'd kill to have the party of Kennedy back.
I'm pretty certain someone else said this when the Kennedy party existed, presumably for the replacement of that party.

Biden. Poor poor "Creepy Uncle Joe" Biden... serial hair sniffer and girl petter with his age old nostalgic fondness for white supremacist leaders.
Considering Trump's own fondness for white supremacy and grabbing women 'by the pussy' I can't tell if you made this comment about Joe Biden in disgust or in rejoice (perhaps with a side of pity). Can you clarify your position further?

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Considering Trump's own fondness for white supremacy and grabbing women 'by the pussy' I can't tell if you made this comment about Joe Biden in disgust or in rejoice (perhaps with a side of pity). Can you clarify your position further?
What fondness for white supremacy?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
What fondness for white supremacy?
Biden's had a history of cozying up to white supremacist figures. And most recently he's been saying nice things about them during his campaign.

Specifically, his remarks have touted his special relationship with James O. Eastland, a segregationist senator from Mississippi and Herman Talmadge of Georgia.

Ugh. The news pickings are expectedly trash. All I could find were some conservative sites and a stupid opinion piece. WaPo built themselves a nice paywall but I'll link em anyway.

Welcome to Modern "Journalism"
WaPo - Biden Recalls 'Civility" With Segregationist Senators
The New Republic - Joe Biden’s Racial Dog Whistle
Defcon News - Joe Biden Brags About Working With White Supremacist Segregationists
Independent Sentinel - Sleepy Joe Brags about the ‘Civility’ of his White Supremacist Allies

A Link In Time

Break the Ice!
ZD Legend
Don't have much to say about the past two nights of debates. Biden, Bernie, and Warren did what they needed to and defended against attacks from the others as frontrunners. But Kamala Harris had a disastrous debate when she was called out by Tulsi Gabbard over her criminal justice record:

the8thark

ZD Champion
I am not a US citizen thus not a stakeholder in the US presidential election. However in my opinion I feel if the DNC want to have any chance of winning they need to find themselves a sensible moderate candidate free from all the past baggage the party has. Secondly that candidate needs to start now to get nationwide support.

In the primary debates I would be playing down the attacks of other candidates and pushing how I would improve the country if elected president. The primary DNC candidates attacking each other to see who is the top dog achieves nothing if the wider public don't like who that top dog is.

On the Republican side of the fence, Trump is currently holding more rallies which have been so popular that there is huge lines for hours to get in. Trump is campaigning right now, by making himself approachable and likable by the people. Also his message, though not the most professionally spoken, does answer the questions of the average US citizen. The people don't care which candidate has less baggage than another candidate. They care about their children having a job, being able to afford the necessities like food and shelter, a reduction in crime etc etc.

Attack by the DNC primary candidates against each other and by their presidential candidate against Trump will not win them the election. The DNC as a party needto have a unified message all about how they can improve the nation so the general standard of living is improved. I would go as far as saying piggyback of Trump's success but say "Trump did this but elect me and I can do even better and here's how I'll do it." Can the DNC candidates tone down their hatred of Trump to do this? I'm not sure they can.

If the democrats offered up a single sane, level headed honest to God liberal, this self-proclaimed Donald Trump fanboy would GLADLY cast my vote for him or her. But not a single democrat presidential candidate goes against the DNC's status quo. They're a total loss.
This is a very well said statement. We all know it's the swing voters that determine election outcomes, not the party faithful. In the last election I feel this is what helped Trump win. A lot of DNC supporters wanted a sensible DNC candidate to vote who would actually improve the nation. The DNC didn't do this and instead offered up Hillary Clinton.
The DNC as a party need to swallow their pride and not push for the most poltically aggressive candidate to be chosen. At the end of the day poltics only helps you win an election, it's good policy that improves the nation. Of cause you need good politics to win the election, to be able to put that good policy into practice. The US people are slowly seeing through the politics and are looking for a candidate with good solid country improving policy.

In conclusion, all the bickering by the DNC primary candidates fighting to see who is top dog is not what the people want. The people want a better lot in life. Only when the DNC stop attacking each other and the Republicans, and focus on providing the citizens a better life, will they havr a better chance of winning elections.

A side note - The DNC should study why Trump win the last primaries and main election. The information is out there, all researched, they just have to read it. The short answer to why he won is he he gave the people what they wanted and explained it in a simple way that the average citizen could understand. This message was 100% consistent from campaigning to inauguration speech to his tme now as president. The same consistent message of putting the US people first. If a DNC candidate does this and actually wins the primaries, they would have a really good chance to win. If the DNC feel it's beneath themselves to do this, they have already lost (in theory). I say in theory because every election is winable and losable if you do not put the effort in. You have to kick goals for the entire campaign to have the best chance.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
I'm not sure they can.
Sure doesn't look like they can.

Remember when Grabby Joe was being offered up as the "moderate" candidate among the bunch? Yeah, that didn't last long. :dry: It must not have been working out for him because his campaign quickly began skidding further and further left until his policy became indistinguishable from the rest of the kooks. Now there is no moderate candidate.

And said kooks have only been doubling down on their rhetoric. They all started putting their feet in their mouths screeching impeachment on Twitter the instant the (most recent) fake NYT Kavanaugh story broke. And then there's poor dumb Beto doing more lasting damage to the DNC in a matter of days than any other democrat in history with his promise to violate the constitution and seize guns by force. The NRA will be making millions for decades off the sound clips alone and he has almost certainly wrecked any chance even potentially sane future democrat lawmakers would have had at legislating "common sense" gun laws.

The problem is that the special interest forces at play in the DNC have an iron grip on the party, nationally and state wide and in numerous vital institutions across America. If anyone wants to know what absolute tyranny looks like in the US, there are three places you can insinuate yourself into to get a scarily good impression. Hollywood, the Silicon Valley tech industry, and the Democrat National Convention. Under tyrannies, there is no dissent. This is why we've even seen the few moderate democrat representatives elected during the midterms largely refuse to deviate from the party line, with only a scant few minor examples of them opposing DNC doctrine and only then en mass where there is safety in numbers to see how hard they can push back without getting burned. Like any tyranny, the DNC destroys anyone within their ranks who doesn't comply. The only group of dissenters the DNC seemingly doesn't have control over is the so-called "Squad" of communist extremists, and they're just a force of chaos doing more damage to the party than anything.

There will be no reform within the Democratic party until the special interest forces running it are excised. Until then, all they have as a base are extremists who only exist to threaten the rest of the nation. And they will never legitimately win an election again with a minuscule base of hostile extremists.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Most of the Democratic candidates who are attacking each other are the people polling under 10% and every time they do, it hurts them, ultimately.

The 3 leading candidates are mostly just saying what they want to do and I think most of them have a good shot of winning the general. Biden (+11.7) and Bernie (+6.5) consistently poll a healthy margin above Trump in national polls, with Warren (+5) generally polling ahead as well with a less comfortable margin. Biden is constantly slightly ahead of Trump in Texas polling and Sanders is a 0.5 average behind with some polls showing him leading [link]

Biden is a gaffe monster but he's running against a bigger gaffe monster. Unlike Hillary, he has some appeal with working class Americans. He's more moderate than Obama, who was already a pretty moderate president, which means he could easily get the moderate vote. He won't, however, excite any sort of base to take the Senate or House.

Bernie is less popular with the Democratic base because they're mad about the last primary, but he's strong with independents. He's got strong working class support. He could probably energize a young base which could help in the Senate/House races. Many people who disagree with his policies are willing to vote for him because they see him as genuine and trustworthy.

Warren is the obvious compromise candidate. The problem is her electability argument is a bit weaker as she isn't polling ahead of trump by a comfortable margin and relies too much on educated white coastal voters as it stands. She's a good candidate, but she's the one that currently has the best argument for why she can't beat Trump in the general, but she's got a good case for why she should be representing the party.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom