• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2020 is the Best Year to Port TWW HD and TP HD to Switch

2020 is pretty quiet for Switch releases so far and as far as Switch games on the horizon go. With no BotW2 news since E3 2019, I think it's unlikely the game will release this year.

So why not fill that void with ports of the HD remakes from the Wii U? The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD would demand a lot less work and coordination during a time where people are encouraged to not meet up in real life. It's a good way to please many fans while working around the reality of the current situation worldwide. I can definitely see Nintendo doing this.

Thoughts? Do you think we might see either TWW HD or TP HD or both ported to Switch this year?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
As someone who never got the Wii U, I wouldn't mind a Switch port. Wind Waker is my favorite video game of all time and Twilight Princess is a close second (if I ignore nostalgia, I may say TP is the best Zelda game but :shrugs:). I didn't get the chance to experience their remastered versions, and chances are I'd buy Wind Waker.

Wind Waker HD is probably the number one game I want on Switch (despite having it on GC and WiiU).

Zelda has been annual for a while now so WW and TPHD could fill up 2020 with 6 months between releases I guess.

The longer we go without any new info for BotW2 the less likely it is to drop this year and I'd probably be happier with WWHD anyway.

Last edited:

Quin

Disaster Master
Hopefully not. Aside that I don't care for those remakes, I don't like the idea of Nintendo porting all their stuff to every new console. Ports of remakes are already crossing the line for me.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I wouldn’t complain over a port of WWHD, but If I had to choose between it and BotW 2 or SSHD or something I’d go with the later. I still have my Wii U (I have two of them actually), and I really can’t see them doing anything different to a port that would warrant me buying it aside from the fact that it’s my second favorite game of all time.

As for TPHD... dear god no. It’s not that I despise TP (I do but that’s not the point), it’s just that if we have TP on switch, that would make 4 consoles in a row for this god forsaken game. This isn’t Skyrim, this is Zelda.

I guess if we had to have them on switch I would be fine, but they should make a collection similar to Super Mario All Stars. Port over both the HD remakes and the 3DS remakes, or better yet the 3DS remake of OoT and the original MM.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
As many has said before, since Zelda is more or less annualized now in some form or another, I think this is the year.

I'm officially off the "BotW in 2020" train since we've got these new rumors of Mario games coming this year, and with no BotW2 in 2020, I think this is the year for them.

Also because, I really really want them since my Wii U is broken :(

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
As for TPHD... dear god no. It’s not that I despise TP (I do but that’s not the point), it’s just that if we have TP on switch, that would make 4 consoles in a row for this god forsaken game. This isn’t Skyrim, this is Zelda.

Not gonna lie, one of the biggest reasons I want Twilight Princess on the Switch is specifically BECAUSE it would mean having it on four consoles in a row, which I'd find both astounding and hilarious . I would 100% buy a copy if it were to exist. It's one of my favourite games, after all.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't see why not. If they are able to have a separate porting team that doesn't impact the development of the other games then I don't see any issue. Nobody is forcing you to buy it.

I'm still playing through the Wii U port of Wind Waker with a friend at the moment but that is on hold until we are able to visit each other's home again when restrictions are relaxed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom