• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2019's Hidden Gems

Movies - hardly hidden but I think a lot of people brushed off Godzilla King of the Monsters because reviews weren't favourable. But these unfavourable reviews hadn't done their research and painted a false picture of the movie which I think is a shame, and that those reviewers shouldn't have a job.

Games -
Kill la Kill if - one of the best arena fighters and best uses of an anime licence in a good long while.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Not released in 2019, but in March 2018, was Warhammer: Vermintide 2.

The game is fun as hell. And other people mostly don't discuss it, but it's a great game.

Also, for 2019, Bloodstain: Ritual of the Night. It's basically a Castlevania game, and it's great.

Well considering the Switch probably won't get most 2019 releases until 2021, I can't say I came across any gaming-wise. Some nice re-releases/ports/remakes this year, though.

For music, I guess some lesser known stuff that I've enjoyed from 2019 includes Blood Stain Child's "AMATERAS" album, Seraph In Travail's "Lest they Feed Upon Your Soul," and Mechina's "Telestrion." Midnight Odyssey also put out an extremely impressive 2019 release and if you're a fan of black metal I highly recommend a listen through his album, "Biolume Part 1- In Tartarean Chains."

Movies, I don't know. The only movie I saw from 2019 this year was Toy Story 4. And that's not a hidden gem, definitely all over the radar. It was good though, just kind of overly existential for a kid's movie.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Even though this was released in March 2018 and not 2019 I thought Isle of Dogs was a hidden gem of a movie, especially having Bryan Cranston (Of Breaking Bad fame) as one of the lead actors, I also thought that having a defined language barrier the Japanese and English Dialogues of the Humans and the Dogs was really well thought through, Lastly Opening and Closing the Movie with traditional Japanese Taiko drumming really gave this movie a feeling that this is no ordinary Wes Anderson film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom