• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2016/17 ZD-i Mafia Awards: Campaigning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Greetings everybody, and welcome to the 2016/17 Mafia Awards Campaigning thread!

In this thread, you are free to let your ego shine and campaign yourself for awards that you think you deserve. Remind everybody about how great of a mafia player you are! However, like everything, there are some rules that must be followed.

• You may campaign yourself for a maximum of 3 awards
  • Remember to state why you think you should receive a certain award whenever you campaign yourself
  • Please make only one post in this thread. You may edit that post at any time, and I will keep the OP updated with all the current requests
  • Be respectable
For a full list of games that can be taken into account, check the Nominations thread.

AVAILABLE AWARDS

Individual Awards
  • Best Overall Mafia Player (The best overall mafia player.)
  • Best Mafioso (The player who performs the best as mafia.)
  • Best Townie (The player who performs the best as town.)
  • Best Third Party (The player who performs the best as third party.)
  • Best Newbie (The best player who started playing in 2015.)
  • Most Improved Player (The player who improved the most over the course of the year.)
  • Best Scumhunter (The player who scumhunts the best and/or finds scum the most often.)
  • Most Trustworthy (The most trustworthy player.)
  • Most Manipulative (The player who manipulates or persuades others the best.)
  • Bad Luck (The player with the worst luck, like dying night 1 or being mislynched often.)
  • Most Active (The player who posts most often and continues to be active in each game.)
  • The X Factor (For a player who pulled a particularly interesting or risky move, and it paid off.)
  • Best Scum Leader (For the best leader of a non-town group)
  • Best Town PR (The best cop, doctor, etc)

Awards by Game

• Best Theme (The best mafia game theme.)
  • Best Game (The best mafia game.)
  • Best Mod (The best mafia mod.)
  • Best Whitewash (The best victory for one team that was won by a large margin.)
  • Best Town Group (The best Town from any given game.)
  • Best Mafia Group (The best scum group from any given game.)

Requesting Consideration:

Pendio
Best Mod (Sherlock Mafia)
X Factor (Spaceballs Mafia)
Storm
Best Newbie
Most Improved Player
Libk
X Factor/Most Manipulative (SMALLESTZDMAFIA)
Best Scum Team (Sherlock Mafia)
Mellow Ezlo
Best Scum Leader (Sherlock Mafia)
Most Active
DekuNut
Best Scum Team (Bloodborne Mafia)
X Factor
Best Town PR
(Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale)

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
There are two categories that I would like to campaign for in particular. Or I suppose it's more like reminding people of stuff.

Anyway, first I'd like to campaign for Best Mod for my Sherlock Mafia. With that game I think I managed to make a small game feel big with the way I made the role setup. And my structure during the actual game (with vote tallies and deadlines and player lists and whatnot) was on fleek, as I think the kids say these days. :)

And lastly I'd like to remind people of my performance in Spaceballs Mafia where I called it day 3 that there was no Mafia in the game. I wasn't able to get everyone on board with that right away, but a few game days later we did succeed. I think this falls under the X Factor award. :^^:

Now it's time for me to go nominate!

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Hello Storm here

I thought I would campaign for Best Newbie and Best Improved Player

There is no doubt in my mind you've seen me blossom game after game after game

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I'm campaigning for best X Factor/Most Manipulative for faking a post restriction in THESMALLESTZDMAFIA

And best sum team was the Sherlock mafia boys fo r sure.

And hey,don't forget spaceballs mafia for best theme.

Mido

Version 1
Honestly, the only thing I really would campaign for at this point is that Sherlock wins best whitewash. I'm not on that team, but I will praise that team of Libk, Johnny, and Mezlo continually so. I've said time and time again that their allowing the town to essentially destroy themselves was a thing of beauty. I felt bad about this loss myself, but their win was phenomenal in the span of games we had.

EDIT: on second thought, if there's anything I'd throw my hat in for, it's for the boys back home in Anime Girls Mafia. The Sherlock boys are good, damn good even; but were they cute anime girls? No, they weren't. We also killed Kaori, and it you ask me, that's dastardly (Sorry @Bok of the Wild ).

Last edited:
Reactions: Pen

funnier6

Courage~
I don't think I've been around long enough for everyone to recognize my awesomeness so.

Am I allowed to nominate if my only game is still ongoing?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't think I've been around long enough for everyone to recognize my awesomeness so.

Am I allowed to nominate if my only game is still ongoing?
I think you're good since you're currently playing one of the games that is included on the list. Might not be a bad idea to give some of the previous games a quick read though, they're all linked in the nomination thread. :^^:

Anyway, while I'm here, I'm going to throw myself in for two awards.

The first one is for Best Scum Leader, for Sherlock Mafia. Though I wasn't the Godfather in that game, I was the one that was really making most of the suggestions that contributed to our scum win.

The second one is for Most Active, since, while I'm not necessarily the most active player in every game, I am almost always within the top 2 or 3, and the vast majority of my posts are full of substance, and I probably post the most words in the games I play.

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ill make suggestions for the following:
Best Scum Team and Whitewasg is Bloodborne Mafia. Hands down. Mah bois Jamie and Pen did well, and we felt somewhat cheated of a perfect win due to modkills at the end of the game. Make us whole again.
Next up, myself for The X Factor, for legit forgetting we nightkilled Pen and bothering him for reads until people were convinced of my towniness.
And finally, best Town PR for Jailkeeper in SAO Mafia. I found Dom and Libk and helped spearhead their lynch.
Good luck to everyone and thanks for playing!

Reactions: Pen

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm campaigning for Best Game. While my updates on it were iffy, the amount of work put into Smash 2 makes me feel like it's the best game.

Also, Most Active. While I haven't played many games lately, the last 4 games I was #1 in post count in 3 and #2 in 1, and some of the #1s I was well ahead of others, granted I understand if people don't consider me to have played enough lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom