• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2012 ZD Marathon Wrap Up

Hi all, I would like a post called 2012 ZD Marathon Wrap Up.

I wasn't able to watch even a 10th of the marathon so I would like to know a few facts such as how long it took them to beat all the games (if they did beat them all). Also a few other highlights (such as Goeey not getting epona or the results of the TP race etc)
I think it should be posted on the main site but here is fine too. I am eagerly waiting a reply.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
ZD Marathon 2012 - Favorite Moments.

Hello everyone! RedDekuScrub here with an enticing question. So, as you have heard (or at least should of heard about) Zelda Dungeon just completed their first ever ZD Marathon. This marathon started June 11 at 12:00 p.m. (CT) and ended at about 4:00 a.m. (CT) on June 16.

During the pre-show Mases, Caleb, Trevor, Tom, Josh, Mosley (Caleb), and Joseph (((Gooseph)(Gooey)(Gooey Fame))), played and beat every Zelda game in the entire Zelda series except for A Link to the past (Excluding the Zelda BS games and the Tingle Games (They could have played these in the post-show, but I left before the post-show)). Gyromite and the Zelda Board game were also played in the marathon. The main event consisted of Mases doing a semi-100% run of A Link to the Past

The marathon raised over $5,000 for Child's play and was an outstanding success. (Special thanks to the Welsh family! :) )

Now here is the question, during the Marathon many things were done. We laughed, we cried, we went high off of lack of sleep; but what was a memorable moment for YOU during the Marathon? What was your favorite part(s) of the marathon?

Examples include: Mases shaving his fro, Zelda board game, Cooking Time with Caleb Simpson, Ice-cream truck, the REAL Mailbag, Zelda Game Watch, Final Boss of Oracle of ages with Mosley, Gooey Fandom, Wii-crashes, Sammich speedruns, Dancing Plushies, Finger Dancing, Triforce collecting, contests, and This Is Crazy.

SQUADALAH!​

*Note if you missed out on the fun, you can still catch the full recording on TwitchTV.com
*Other people attended the marathon. this includes (Michelle (Caleb's wife), the Forward Compatible guys, Mases' friends, and R.O.:cool:
*Super Special thanks to Doctor_Peanut_Butter and Nvparr, the Ultimate MODs
*Despite the rumors by Mases, Axle the Beast DID NOT appear at the event at 2 a.m. every night, he was only seen in the chat every now and again
*Super Special Shout Out for ZeldaGirl64, the biggest ZD fan.

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
i really liked all the times when one of the guys on screen said/did something then the comments went crazy with zelda puns relating to the event. some of my favourites include:
legend of epic beard guy: skyward sideburns
legend of mases: afro to the past

in other business, i totally agree with the OP that Nvparr and Doctor_peanut_butter were great mods and Zeldagirl64 was a fantastic chat member!
a last shout to the crew thanking and congratulating them for the best marathon ever!

I liked getting to know the Zelda Dungeon Staff a little bit better. Gooey, Mases Trevor, and Caleb Simpson were the best! Really fun marathon! Watched untill the end. Minus the post show.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I loved all the memes and the marathon was very entertaining. One of the parts that made me laugh were when Josh was either playing alone, or playing Skyward Sword lying on the ground in the most awkward position ever.

Almost every single time Josh played a game, he was left alone at one point. When he started SS, there was Mr. Mosley who was lying on the couch next to him, but, he was sleeping. It seems that Josh really hates being alone, he seemed quite pained to be playing a game alone. And, like many other people, I somewhat enjoy seeing someone bored out of their mind.

Josh Zelinsky said:
No, I'm all alone...dying... ... ...

Zelda Dungeon Marathon Overview

First I want to start out thanking everyone in the Zelda Dungeon crew who went out and played some games to raise money for the Child's Play charity.mIt was really nice of them to do this for kids who are in the hospital for prolonged periods of time, and I know how that feels. But, now on with the overview.

This year our beloved marathon was fast paced and halarious, some people (including me) made memes that hilighted many events that occurred. These events included, Gooey Fame not getting Epona in Ocarina of Time, Gooey Fame buying the Hylian Sheild when he could of got it for free, Trevors Wii shutting down, Mases getting his Afro cut and many more.

This years marathon was very good with feed back to the comments, such as answering their comments. I know i had a couple of mine answered. Also, they were all on top of changing games and making sure the stream was not crashing, I think there was one instince where they had to shut down the stream for a breif moment but other then that everything was fine.

I know all the children that benifit from this charity will be really happy and can not wait to have some entertainment in their lives. Overall they raised over $4000.00 which is a lot of money for a charity. I speak for everybody when I say We are ALL waiting for next year's marathon to see what it will hold.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I regret not keeping up on this...I didnt watch any of it. I don't know where my brain is sometimes. I will definitely try to watch some of it next year.

Gooey shouldnt feel bad about buying the hylian shield, being the OoT n00b I am, I did the same thing because I thought that was the only way to get it. Probably not the case with Gooey though. Oh well, it's good to support Hyrule's economy xD

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
It seems that Josh really hates being alone, he seemed quite pained to be playing a game alone. And, like many other people, I somewhat enjoy seeing someone bored out of their mind.

Yeah, I felt bad for Josh. He was always alone, he missed out on the cookout and had to play a lot in the dead of night. He did really well though.

Those guys are so great!
I'd wake up early and check on them, they look so tired. I'm sure now they won't be playing Zelda for a while.
It was great to watch. I just want them to do more things like that. But most important they raised a lot of money, so Hooray! :)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Sadly, I could not attend to entire marathon due to work, an exam and basketball. I did watch as much as I could. I can't believe I missed a BBQ. From what I watched and heard of, I've got too many favourite moments. I loved all the image macros people made (the battery one was so hilarious). I always supported the batteries. I knew they wouldn't die.
I loved the humour that everybody had, and the running joke towards the end of the marathon that every game was part of the pre-show to the main feature that was Link to the Past.
It was funny how when I was watching, people were complaining of being up so early and being tired, when I was only the middle of the afternoon in Australia. :D
Some of my favourite games are Twilight Princess and Link to the Past, and those are the only games I watched the entirety of. I was very impressed with Mas' Link to the Past playthrough and I felt truely sorry for Trevor when his game crashed three times.

My least favourite part (by far) was watching everybody fail at beating Demise. I can beat him so quickly and it made it so FRUSTRATING to watch.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
The marathon was amazing, i was on and off and i think they all did a great job, but sadly trevvors wii had to be a troll and ruin the competition.

I agree. The marathon was great. A substantial amount of money was raised for a great cause and many hilarious memes were created. Gooey Fame and Mases definitely took home the prize in terms of generating the most attention.

Also, the post game show was nice with Justin, Trevor, and Caleb laxly hanging out. Moreover, it was pleasing to troll Twitch TV. :right: Here's to a successful 2013 marathon!

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I watched on and off, and i had to admit every part i watched was funney, it was sad when trevvors will crashed, and funney when alout of people failed over and over again. congardulations to ZD staff!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom