• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2012 Golden Key Awards Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Not that I'm complaining or anything, but it seems to me that most of the winners were a part of the staff here. I really don't see how that's fair to anyone else. I just don't feel like they should have even been able to be nominated in my opinion. But either way, congrats to the winners.

Well, considering EVERYONE was eligible to vote, it IS fair. The vote was completely democratic. The reason a lot of the staff won was because the staff here just happens to be awesome. I don't see any reason to exclude them. Not including them just because they have a higher position is what I'd call unfair.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Still, I just think it's an unfair advantage in my opinion. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.

How is it an unfair advantage if every member, staff or not, was able to vote? The staff members had the same chances of winning as everyone else in this forum. Like I said, the voting process was completely democratic.

Still, I just think it's an unfair advantage in my opinion. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.

What makes forum leaders any different than any other forum member? If they were able to achieve their rank that indicates they are a respected part of the community and it would logically follow that they are among the award winners. That said a large portion of the victors holds no staff position on this site therefore your argument is invalid.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl

No, you're not the only one. There are some who will attack you to get on the good side of the mods or not speak up out of fear of being attacked but I can tell you that the awards process was pretty shakey. The ranked members voted for mostly ranked members and don't even get me started on "Round 2" where the judges got to pick who was gonna be voted on in the final round.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
No, you're not the only one. There are some who will attack you to get on the good side of the mods or not speak up out of fear of being attacked but I can tell you that the awards process was pretty shakey. The ranked members voted for mostly ranked members and don't even get me started on "Round 2" where the judges got to pick who was gonna be voted on in the final round.

The judges picked the people who will be voted on in the final round based on the members who got the most nominations in round one. Tell me what is so unfair about that.

I nominated those people I thought fit the ballot during the nominations round and no one influenced my choices in any way. This was the same for others. During the second round the judges tallied up the votes from the first and weeded out any nonsensical choices, for example Drum nominating Dan for "Most Knowledgeable in Darksiders". Every vote was legitimately sorted and as octorok74 revealed in his blog there was only one time but Hero of Time accepted it without starting a controversy.

The Joker

The judges picked the people who will be voted on in the final round based on the members who got the most nominations in round one. Tell me what is so unfair about that.

Alright. Then explain why Hero of Time wasn't in the finals for "Best Username" despite being tied with Ganondork. They even added two people that didn't even have as many votes as him.

Dan

I nominated those people I thought fit the ballot during the nominations round and no one influenced my choices in any way. This was the same for others. During the second round the judges tallied up the votes from the first and weeded out any nonsensical choices, for example Drum nominating Dan for "Most Knowledgeable in Darksiders". Every vote was legitimately sorted and as octorok74 revealed in his blog there was only one time but Hero of Time accepted it without starting a controversy.

I was also supposed to be in best company yet that was also taken off the nominations. I can understand taking me off it to allow for others to be in more categories, but nicole was in more than two. My only responce I got from this when I asked about it was from thar one of the judges that said "you are going to probably get an award anyway". Which wasn't why I was asking about it at all. ;/

guapo2003

The incomparable legend

Thanks man, it looks like we are the miniority in this. But either way like I said before congrats to the winners and perhaps this could be an opening of an idea to something that only members with no rank or staff members are allowed to only participate in.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Alright. Then explain why Hero of Time wasn't in the finals for "Best Username" despite being tied with Ganondork. They even added two people that didn't even have as many votes as him.

A Link in Time said:
Every vote was legitimately sorted and as octorok74 revealed in his blog there was only one time but Hero of Time accepted it without starting a controversy.

There's your answer. Apparently Hero of Time gave up that nomination to Ganondork willingly.

zellinkda

one of many
I was nominated a few times in several different categories, however I did not make it to the final round. Guapo does make a valid point, HOWEVER. it's people that you know. if you are a member who isn't very active, doesn't SB, or sits around and doesn't converse with anyone, then the likelihood that you'll win something like this is incredibly slim. if you want a sure chance to win, talk to people, and think your posts through BEFORE you post. ( I know that's not a great thing to say coming from me, most of my posts are awful, but you get my point.)
a reason why Site staff or username colors would win something like this is because most people gravitate toward bright colors when they see it, rather than a regular member color. or, maybe you're like Azure, and you become the welcoming committee for nearly every member to join the Dungeon gaming Network.

The Joker

but Hero of Time accepted it without starting a controversy.

Accepting it doesn't make the move right. If someone robs me or stabs me, I can say "Don't worry about it" all I like, that doesn't make robbing or stabbing a right or good thing.

There's your answer. Apparently Hero of Time gave up that nomination to Ganondork willingly.

And that's after the fact, not the cause of it. Get it right.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Accepting it doesn't make the move right. If someone robs me or stabs me, I can say "Don't worry about it" all I like, that doesn't make robbing or stabbing a right or good thing.

... How can you make a comparison like that? They tied for the nomination, and Hero of Time gave it up to Ganondork. How is that anything like a robbery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom