• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

18 Year Old Dies After 40 Hours of Gaming

I've all the nutters I've encountered :lol:
It's really quite sad rather. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. :lol:

Fig

The Altruist
I can't believe that this guy was able to not eat or take break throughout his game time. I feel really bad that he's now gone from this world. Though I'm not a fan of the series, I know many people will start to not only be against this video game series but also every video game in existence. They will start to say that video games are bad and only lead to death. Judging by this news report, it's not the video game, but it's the person who can't stop when he really should at least several while gaming for a long time period. It's alright to have an addiction to any video game. What's important is that one needs to be able to control that addiction to his/her favor so that way it won't happen like this guy. D: :cry:

This is unfortunate and I feel sorry for Chuang. I highly doubt playing for forty-hours strait was the entire COD; he probably had some previous or unkown medical complication(s). This incident is actually why I do periodic push-ups and pull-ups when I'm gaming. I'm always fearful of blood clots or my eyes getting damaged from sitting down and staring at a television screen too long.

The same holds true for reading as well. Sometimes I get so into a book that I forget how long I've spent sitting down in one position and reading it.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
That sucks, he's not going to get to log in 40 hours in Resident Evil 6 or Halo 4.:( Damn you Diablo III, damn you!

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
The true idiocy of man has become more and more apparent. I am an american and there is a plethora of knowledge that we Americans are going downhill mentally. Yet other countries are going uphill. It seems this fellow wasn't one of the smart ones. The fact is that I don't even know how you could go THAT long without eating, drinking, or standing. Also, it's common knowledge that it isn't healthy staying in one position for hours. Yet I doubt he stayed in a sitting postiton. He most likely was on a laptop, and was moving around, laying down, etc. But without eating, drinking, and extremely minimal physical activity (It seems his only physical activity was his breathing and his poor heart beating. This guy was a total idiot and I am shocked that this guy was even allowed to be in the room for such a long period of time. There should be limits, yet some people obviously can't set their own. For most people, their parents limit them. Then for the rest who go to internet cafe's, the cafe should have a limit. Did they not wonder where this guy was for 40+ hours? Who the hell stays in a room for 40 hours with no nutrition! They should have the limit be around 6 hours, and check up on them every 2-3 hours. It is the man's fault, but precautions for even the most idiotic things are apparently neccesary.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This goes to show that hardcore gaming can be taken too far. Seriously, not eating, drinking, or sleeping for 40 hours straight? What kind of nonsense is that? That defies common sense. I mean, when you feel hungry, your brain is telling you you need food for a reason. The feeling's not there just for teh lulz. It's there because it's friggin' important.

You know what's worse, though? Extremists are going to blame the video game for this. They're gonna say it's the cause of the addiction and that this is proof that video games are bad for us. Please. Who was the one that chose to play the game for 40 hours straight? Yeah, not Diablo III. It was the kid. The 18 year-old kid, who is by law actually a man, someone who should be able to think smarter than that. It's just sad times for humanity. (And now I'm sounding like Drum.)

MoblinPiglet

Prince of Moblins
This makes me think that some people have absolutely no common sense. Any sane person in the world would know that going 40 hours playing a game without eating or taking breaks is not going to end well. He should of at least had a friend doing the marathon with him to switch places with him during time to time.

What is it with them over there?
The stereotype can't be COMPLETELY true, can it?
My longest gaming session was 16 hours straight, and I felt like total crap afterwards

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Forum Volunteer
I cannot do super-long sessions of video games. However, the closest I've come to this was a 7-hour session in the ocean. I spent many hours fighting waves in order to get a good lift for body-surfing, and I finally stopped when I'd had no food and nearly collapsed. I'm more amazed that this man didn't notice himself dying.

Wow, I guess video games are bad for you. But seriously though, I highly doubt that just playing video games for that long killed him. He probably had some other health problem that was affected by playing video games that long.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Hmmm, he was very foolish for attempting that. Going nearly two days without sleep is bad enough and when you do that AND don't eat or drink anything it's even worse.

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
The closest i've gone is about 2 hours. I have other things to do. Sometimes i do play for half a day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom