• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler 15 Minutes of New Footage!

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Some things I noticed:

Cuacua.jpg
It was stated that there would be some fruits for Link to eat to refill his stamina. I don't think we've seen any up until now. That green apple-looking thing is probably the fruit they were mentioning. This first screenshot appears right before the large stairway leading up to the Goddess Statue--

Utouto.jpg
--and there's another green apple right at the top of the stairway. By the time Link sprinted up all of those steps, he was out of stamina.

Sawsaw.jpg
Lorlor.jpg
Two images of the Bird Statues that are used to save. The first one appears right when Link first steps outside; the second appears right outside the Knight Academy. Considering how close these two are from each other, I think it's safe to assume that these statues will be scattered about the world quite generously, so saving shouldn't be that big of a deal. (Since not many people liked the saving system in Majora's Mask.)

Retret.jpg
Link opening his wardrobe/closet thing... Probably our first taste with interacting with the various scenery like we've been told that he could do.

Rosros.jpg
This guy has an orange tunic on, just without the hat. Apparently, graduates of the Knight Academy are allowed to wear these tunics, and the color they wear is specified by the year that they graduated.

Wqwq.jpg
Notice the speech bubble above the guy's head. I've seen this technique being used in games like Okami when a character has something important to say to you. I never expected it to be used in Zelda. I dunno, but it just seems out-of-place to me.

Yreyre.jpg
Already mentioned before, but this cat looks strikingly similar to that "demonic kitty" we saw in that Nintendo Power issue...

Djinn

and Tonic
Yeah, it seems to be coming from underground. It would be interesting if at some point you could venture down one of those crevices or holes that the creature has caused, perhaps there is some kind of demon world down there or something.

That would be epic, but the two worlds thing is overused already, I think. There's already two worlds in SS, anyway, - Skyloft (and rest of sky) and Hyrule (land). Three worlds would be overkill.

Actually when I first heard about the coming from underground I immediately thought if the underworld from the first LoZ. It appeared almost like a completely separate world below the ground with its own monsters apart from the overworld. The levels of LoZ never did come off as temples or dungeons.

This otherworldly underworld does fit into world mythology very well as a lot of mythologies had something like it. Normally as a land of the dead but it was also inhabited by various gods, demons, and monstrous creatures. Norse mythology, Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology and many others all include an underground place that serves as a home of the dead and various creatures of myth. The Greek underworld was also entered by various means like caves, holes in the ground, large trees, etc. There were many ways.
The underworld is hidden in the earth. It is the kingdom of the dead and ruled over by Hades. Hades is a greedy god who is greatly concerned with increasing his subjects. Those whose calling increase the number of dead are seen favorably. The Erinyes are welcomed guests. He is exceedingly disinclined to allow any of his subjects leave.

For most, life in the underworld is not particularly unpleasant. It is rather like a miserable dream, full of shadows, without sunlight or hope. A joyless place where the dead slowly fade into nothingness. Geographically, the underworld is surrounded by a series of rivers: The Acheron (river of woe), The Cocytus (river of lamentation), The Phlegethon (river of fire), The Styx (river of unbreakable oath by which the gods swear), and The Lethe (river of forgetfulness). Once across the rivers an adamantine gate, guarded by Cerberus, forms the entrance to the kingdom. Deep within the kingdom is Hades vast palace, complete with many guests.

The Egyptians
In Egyptian mythology, Duat (also Tuat and Tuaut) (also called Akert, Amenthes, or Neter-khertet) is the underworld. The Duat is a vast area under the Earth, connected with Nun, the waters of the primordial abyss. The Duat is the realm of the god Osiris and the residence of other gods and supernatural beings. It is the region through which the sun god Ra travels from west to east during the night, and where he battled Apep. It also was the place where people's souls went after death for judgement, though it was not the full extent of the afterlife.

In Buddhist thought
Physically, Narakas are thought of as a series of cavernous layers which extend below Jambudvīpa (the ordinary human world) into the earth. There are several schemes for enumerating these Narakas and describing their torments. The Abhidharma-kosa (Treasure House of Higher Knowledge) is the root text that describes the most common scheme, the Eight Cold Narakas and Eight Hot Narakas, described below.

I am really hoping that the underground mentioned in the intro is a reappearance of the underworld from LoZ. Plus I think it would go a ong way in introducing a much richer mythology to the series.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Very good graphics, very good music. This is the best!

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
What implies she doesn't? She might know the risks.***

Hmm... It's interesting how she would know about it and still keep her pet... XD

In that case, I guess the citizens of Skyloft don't know about its demonic-ness since that one guy asked Link to fetch it back for him.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love Link's "feminine" look in this game, it allows for much more character. Hrm...I also love the sheer amount of detail in the animations; while they aren't traditional Zelda, they definitely are one of the better things of TP! And no doubt they'll lend themselves well to this game! I'm interested in if what you say to Zelda has really diverse affects on the over all storyline. I'm not expecting anything like she dies in depression, but perhaps you get more/less aid from the shopkeeprs because of your (unimplied, hopefully) disrespect to the Academy Owner's daughter? That would be pretty awesome, imo.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The animations during converations are awsome!

vcdomith

Mad Artist
EternalNocturne*
That guy in orange is actually Pippin, he is sooooooo much like a wimp!!!:P

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I watched only a few parts of it and it looks great. I couldn't watch the first two cutscenes, because that is way too spoiler-ish. The game is beautiful and I think it will be amazing, thing is though, ever since the 3DS conference, I have thought the same thing.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
EternalNocturne*
That guy in orange is actually Pippin, he is sooooooo much like a wimp!!!:P

...I thought that the guy in the yellow tunic was Pippin:

i_31010.jpg
No confirmation or anything, but that's what I've been hearing.

It's interesting to note that orange-tunic Pippin appears in the background...

D

DragonT

In the video, I've noticed when Link enters the Goddes Statue platform (directly after the wooden stair) you can see part of the Triforce and 2 symbols that very much look like Sage Symbols. Could it be part of the Temple of Time or something?

vcdomith

Mad Artist
...I thought that the guy in the yellow tunic was Pippin:

i_31010.jpg
No confirmation or anything, but that's what I've been hearing.

It's interesting to note that orange-tunic Pippin appears in the background...
Yes you're right the Yellow guy is Pipit(it's not Pippin) the orange gut is Fledge who's a wimp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom