• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild 1000 Ways to Die

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
So, throughout my play through of Breath of the Wild, I died... a lot. And I'm sure most other people can say the same. I couldn't help but take notice of the many many different ways Link can die in this game. Whether it's being shot by shock lizalfos while mounted on a lynel's back, or running out of stamina while trying to avoid a guardian and surviving the blast but losing your last heart by a charging animal, what are some of the funniest or most memorable deaths you've had in this game?

The two I listed above have both happened to me, btw. Another really funny one was when I got knocked off the Great Plateau by a red bokoblin with no weapon and only a sliver of health, before I obtained the paraglider. Don't stand too close to the edge, kids. There was also a time close to the very beginning when I was surprised by a decaying guardian that woke up, and as it was my first guardian I was running for my life. I managed to avoid the beam, but since I was watching the guardian instead of where I was going, I ran right into the path of a bokoblin archer whose one arrow managed to take away the little bit of health I had left.

Also I didn't die doing this, but one time I was fighting a lynel and lightning struck nearby which caused it to jump in the air (adorably) and it landed right on top of me. Really wish I had captured that moment because it was hilarious.

So ya, what are some really funny or memorable deaths you've had in Breath of the Wild?

Very near the beginning (straight off the Plateau) i found a chest and used magnesis to pull it out of the ground. I'd just had a hard fight with a moblin, i still wasn't used to the controls so i was almost dead, so when i pulled the chest up it shot out and hit me on the head and i died.

Another was that i messed up a flurry rush and a moblin knocked me down a hill, i ragdolled down half way and got up where another moblin was ready, it knocked me off as soon as I stood up and it was the roll down the rest of the hill that killed me.

The worst death was in the second to last room of the final trials dlc when a sky guardian shot me through a wall when i was getting ready to parry a different Guardian. Gutting :(

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Running into the last spike in the shrine filled with spikes and then failing to get past the swinging spikes on 2 other runs cuz I swear they were swinging faster with only 1/4 heart cuz it was a champions ballad shrine. Also dropping the treasure chest on my head in the first shrine doing the DLC.

When I had the One-Hit Obliterator I threw a bomb at some enemies and then hid behind a tree before detonating the bomb... not realising that the bomb had rolled backwards towards me... the explosion missed me, but knocked down the tree I was hiding behind, causing it to fall on me, which was enough to kill me because of the Obliterator.
The whole image of Link being killed by a falling tree was absolutely hilarious and would have been the last thing I would have expected in that situation.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I spent AGES climbing a mountain and then when I got to the top a moblin hit me in the face with a stick and knocked me flying back off the cliff. I got to the top with full hearts, hit every rock on the way down and was dead when I hit the bottom. Foiled by a stick :(

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
- When I got frozen by an ice arrow and a lizalfos watched me and slammed into me whole being frozen. This was so hilarious to watch!
- When I felt down a cliff and used my paraglider and somehow got distracted. I pressed the button again, completely forgotten I already took out the paraglider so I accidentally removed it and.....Link died and I wondered how that could happen *slaps head*.
- Yes, I was warned not to use bomb arrows in death mountain because they would explode. I wanted to use a bomb arrow and it exploded. I tried it again and yep...same thing.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I threw a bomb, ran in close, and detonated it when they were kicking it back at me, if I remember correctly

ChaosxVariable

200 Praying Mantises in a Trenchcoat
Forgot bomb arrows explode in heat, so I tried to use one on the Igneo Talos in the Trial of the Sword.... blew up in my face. Got hit by the Talos while I was down, and that was that.

You know that one tower surrounded by giant enemy camp? Yeah, the one with the skull rock on top. Tried to blow up the Wizrobe with a bomb arrow, didn’t aim right, blew myself off the tower somehow.

Tried to get some Guardians to hit/fight each other. Did Not Work.

Was just exploring around on the east side of Gerudo desert, a round plateau in Oseira Plains. There I found a Stone Talus, it punched and knocked me off, flying down below. Survived the punch and the fall but only to land in front of Lynel that I didn't know was there, it got quick attack in draining the rest of my hearts. It all happened so fast I was just dumbfounded.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I was wooing a herd of bokoblins with the Majora’s Mask. But my finger slipped and I hit the attack button instead of the jump button and triggered 3 silver bokos, 5 red bokos, 1 blue boko, 2 red moblin and a black lizal. Suffice to say I died fairly quickly.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I just remembered another one of mine. I didn't die, as in get a game over, but I remember killing all the enemies surrounding one of the towers, I think it was Woodland, and getting a blood moon a little less than halfway up. Got attacked by the Wizzrobe that respawned and fell into the bottomless bog below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom