• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild 100%

Zachie

Moo
I remember hearing something about a developer (possibly Aonuma) saying that it was impossible to 100% the game. Was this simply a rumor or is it some how true?
The game has a built in 100% mode that you can see after you beat Calamity Ganon, so it's definitely able to be done & in fact it was done as a speed run yesterday.

Well really I just meant the bosses. I hate missable content, it discourages you from getting caught up in the moment. You shouldn't be punished for being awestruck by something like a cool setpiece or boss battle.
I agree 100%. Wind Waker failed in this respect. Being able to miss photo opportunities ia just not cool.

I remember hearing something about a developer (possibly Aonuma) saying that it was impossible to 100% the game. Was this simply a rumor or is it some how true?
That is correct but you need the context. The random person wanted to 100% BotW within a week and Nintendo said that's impossible. We know now that, this is totally possible with in a week if you really want to punish your body. The 100% speed record for this game is around 49 hours.

I don't think the 100% categpry of this game will be that popular because it's just so long. The any% race to ganon category should prove to be popular as it's under an hour now.

I agree 100%. Wind Waker failed in this respect. Being able to miss photo opportunities ia just not cool.

That is correct but you need the context. The random person wanted to 100% BotW within a week and Nintendo said that's impossible. We know now that, this is totally possible with in a week if you really want to punish your body. The 100% speed record for this game is around 49 hours.

I don't think the 100% categpry of this game will be that popular because it's just so long. The any% race to ganon category should prove to be popular as it's under an hour now.
In the WWHD, I like how it's mitigated by the Tingle Bottles, and I like tossing the boss pics in those for people who may have missed them.

As to 100% completion that fast, I think it can certainly be possible but not within the opening weeks the game was out. You'd need korok seed guides and stuff like that, and that stuff just didn't exist yet that early. There's no way someone could do it all that fast without some assistance.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links

1) He also said it'd be impossible to rush to Ganon and beat him. It's actually easy.

2) Likewise 100%ing the game isn't hard in theory, but collecting all the Korok Seeds and doing all the grinding is incredibly boring, so I doubt many will ever 100% BOTW.

GFE

I may have missed it, but I would also consider collecting every shrine chest part of true 100% since it leaves a mark next to the shrine name on the map.

1) He also said it'd be impossible to rush to Ganon and beat him. It's actually easy.

2) Likewise 100%ing the game isn't hard in theory, but collecting all the Korok Seeds and doing all the grinding is incredibly boring, so I doubt many will ever 100% BOTW.
I think Aonuma saying it was impossible was specifically to Jerard the Completionist, saying that doing it within a week would not be possible.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I think Aonuma saying it was impossible was specifically to Jerard the Completionist, saying that doing it within a week would not be possible.

Even then it's definitely possible. I'm sure they will be speedruns of it, it'll just be a very tedious process.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
If only Nintendo had an achievement system. I know not everyone wants that but I certainly would, I love trophies.

we do have achievements in a way such as the loading screen which shows shrines and Seeds, hearts and stamina wheels. We get items such as the saddles and bridles and the medals for some things but yeah i'd love a definitive achievement system because to be honest some of the stuff for 100% shouldn't be for 100%

Anyone figure out what the letter is for?
For toilet hand introduced in the DLC?? :)

Seriously no idea. I don't think anyone knows. I think it's just a token to say, congrats for taking all the photos. Like the crap and the 120 shrine gear. Just a token to acknowledge your progress in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom