• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

100% or Complete

do you try to get 100%

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• sometimes

• Total voters
Do you like to try to compleat a zelda game 100% or just try to compleat the story. I try to compleat the story. if im stuck or board or done the game i will do all of the sidequests and get the collectibles i didn't get before

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
100%. OCD
I refuse to finish ST until I get all the train parts and find the last heart container.

...except the last time I played WW (the 3rd/4th time). It got WAY too boring trying to find those heart pieces. And the pictures... ugh

I only try to complete the story.

I hate trying to get every single thing in the game, as I find it to repetitive and time-consuming, like playing an RPG. I may have a couple Zelda games where I try to get all the heart pieces, but other than that, I just finish sidequests and continue with the story.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
I just played thru GBA ALttP 100%. That's one of the easier ones to complete though imo. Cept for Palace of the Four Sword, that place was a bit intense fighting the Helmasaur guy the second run thru.

Apple

Crazy Cookie
I don't have the uncontrollable urge to complete the games 100%, but I do anyway. I like seeing everything the game has to offer and it makes it more fun.

Kazumi

chagy
I almost always try and get 100% in a Zelda game. Especially a new one. Unfortunately, I often fail. So I get ALMOST everything, but I miss a couple things, or just don't get them. This happens quite a lot when I play through Majora's Mask. Mostly because some of the Heart Pieces are hard to get. Especially the Shooting Galleries.

The only time I don't try for 100% is when I'm doing a 3-Heart Challenge... Mostly because you can obviously not beat it 100%, because you can only have three hearts... Do you get what I'm saying? Also. It's COMPLETE. Not compleat..

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Yes. I attempt to get everything in every game. It's the only way to experience the games in the series to their fullest.
I'm still down a couple of archery related minigame heart pieces, but I have everything else in all the games I currently own at the moment.

I do need to get a copy of Wind Waker soon though, so I can do a 100% run on the first run, and a three heart challenge on the New game+

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Yeah you can. I've seen a guide for it online.
It's just RIDICULOUSLY difficult and painful as one slip up and the whole file is a waste.

I voted "sometimes". I do generally try, although not always. But I've never actually gotten 100% on a Zelda game. I always go for all of the items, upgrades and bottles, but I've never gotten all of the Heart Pieces. :(

Not for the lack of trying though. I've just never had the patience to complete any of them, at least without a guide (which I rarely ever use). I'm sure I'll do it sometime.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
No.

Story is the most important thing to me - seeing the quest play out. If I can do that without all the heart pieces or without getting all the token kill- bonus critters (skultula, poes), it's all the same to me. I'll do sidequests for fun, but I'm not sure I've ever done a Zelda game 100%, even on multiple play-throughs. When I start a new file, I'm pretty much there to enjoy the world and am pretty relaxed about it.

I was always like that - even as a kid, I never played video games to get the high score, what drove me was getting to see the landscapes and enemies of the next level of the story.

Zarom

The King
My answer is yes.

Everytime I play a Zelda game, I always try to get 100%. I don't always succeed. Because I can be missing a few heart pieces here and there, but I collect every items, equipments and things like that. I'm not even sure if I have ever gotten 100% yet. Maybe in some of the 2-D games...

By collecting everything, you can enjoy the game more, fully enjoy it to the max, and also, it makes the adventure more longer. :)
Longer = More fun ;) So yeah, I always try to do everything in any game in general.

When I am able to do a sidequest I usually get that completed while Im completing the main quest itself. I however don't bother to go out of my way to get every single heart piece all the time or gold skulltula and such.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well I usually get everything 100% complete. It makes the game last a lot longer and it's fun. Although I tend to skip the useless stuff like Poe Souls (past 20) in TP, Gold Skultulas (past 50) in OoT, the Figurines in WW I actually want to get because the info on the characters is fun (like for instance Link's Grandma likes to pull pranks I think) but I've skipped them in every playthrough so far, and so on and so forth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom