• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

10,000 years before Skyward Sword

So, Breath of the Wild went 10,000 plus years into the future of Zelda.

As such it looks very little like what we used to know. Link is in Blue and he doesnt even need the Master Sword to defeat Ganon (thanks Princess, couldn't have done that earlier?).

The time jump to me tells me that Aonuma wants to distance himself from the timeline.

But what if he went 10,000 years plus before Skyward Sword?
We'd have no Master Sword (unless we retcon SS, which i'm fine with BTW) and Link probably wouldnt be wearing a tunic (which is pretty much the scenario we have now).

Would you like Zelda Switch to pull a BotW and fling itself so far in time that it shakes the foundation of Zelda (again) by being a 10,000 year plus prequel to SS?

What would you like/think we'd see if a game was set that far before SS?

10,000 years before SS would be just too much, not really sure what could be told. It would be nice to see the Lanayru Sea and the robots in their prime, being able to to visit them without the limits of time stones. Perhaps instead of Link you play as Hylia, going through some of the backstory that's mentioned in SS and the first initial sealing of Demise. The image shower her with all the races. There isn't much information about Hylia's life or why she was picked to guard the Triforce.

Aku

The only thing I would say is that I had actually kind of wanted it set 10,000 years in the past, it would have 'explained' why there was so much advanced tech hidden in ruins in the later games. Take away the several references to OoT and it could easily be reset to take place in the past.

I don't know if I'd like a game that takes place 10,000 years before Skyward Sword, since, SS was kinda the beginning of the whole Link/Zelda/Ganondorf thing (except it was Demise) and it was the first time Hylia became a mortal, so Zelda wouldn't exist. I might be wrong, I dunno. I would be interested in that though, Zelda lore overall is interesting to me (including events in between games such as the Hyrulean Civil War). This is my tin foil hat talking, but I have a theory that the Zelda series will become more sci-fi and tech friendly as the years go by, and the games will just keep going deeper and deeper into the future. My theory isn't that far-fetched, since the creators originally wanted to do a mix of medieval and futuristic themes, hence the name "Link", because he's a link between time.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There was no evil in the world until Demise first erupted from the Earth. Which from my impression was probably a couple of hundred years at most before the events of SS. The world was a place of prosperity and peace before then so a game set in those times would be totally boring.

I wouldn't mind seeing the first coming of Demise though. He was treated very badly in SS itself having just 5 mins of screen time. I'd quite like seeing Proto-Ganon unleashing his full power.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
This series is literally anything at this point, so why not? Anything could happen.

Conceivably anything. No matter how dumb. :dry:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Honestly yes i'd love to see 10,000 years before SS, we know there was a titanic power struggle sometime before SS between hylia and demise and both were sealed away in their own manner but i'd like to see the events up to Hylia taking guardianship of the triforce. As far as we know SS is actually the closest we have to the gods forming the world, it's an unformed world in many ways during SS, so could you imagine before that? When Dins forming the earth and Farore is creating life? To see as the game progress' day and night being born and the stars winking into existence?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom