• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Forums - Zelda Dungeon Forums

Chevywolf30
Chevywolf30
I've actually had some similar stuff on my mind lately, this was a good read, thank you. I've made some great friends on here and other sites, and I treasure those relationships dearly, but at the end of the day, they don't know Dale D, they know Chevywolf30, who's just a bootleg/knockoff/small representation of the real me, and I have to remind myself that there's more to me than Chevywolf30.
Hyrulian Hero
Hyrulian Hero
I think it's been extra hard the past couple years in the West where almost everybody has been isolated and masked. Regardless of anyone's opinion on lockdowns and mandates, the separation itself has been materially negative for people and I think we'd do well to recognize it. I know a lot of people have retreated further into the interwebs as they feel out of control in the real world and they prefer to curate what the internet sees of them. And of course the more value we put on our online personas, the less value we put on the real world.

A lot of people are doing their best to escape the hardships of real life by dissociating from reality. It's like a whole society defined by two years of mass dissociative disorder. For whatever it's worth from an internet persona, it's encouraging to hear that some people are making proactive steps to preserve the reality of who they are.
Top Bottom