• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.
TheGreatCthulhu
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About Trophies

• Hey, Cthul. I'm in need of your musical expertise.

I've always wondered what cuts out here at 2:11

and resumes again at 2:19

Is that amp distortion? Bass?

Having it cut out at that part when it's been present the entire song is a neat effect.
    Castle
    Castle
    I've always wondered if it isn't the bass because it's not so much a rhythm as it is a constant distorted noise. I couldn't recognize it as bass and wondered if it might be something else.

But it would make sense that it would cut out to allow Billy to pick the riff back up, especially during live performances. And it sounds sweet too to suddenly put clear focus back on the riff for listeners!

ZZ Top has some of the best solos ever heard. Gibbon's is a master of his craft.
    TheGreatCthulhu
    TheGreatCthulhu
    Well, Dusty likes a nice, dirty bass tone, so he has some distortion in his bass tone.

And yeah, Billy Gibbons is a pretty dope guitarist. He has some of the slickest blues rock guitar lines in the whole of rock n' roll.
    Reactions: Castle
    Castle
    Castle
    Oh, I've also been wondering. No matter how many times I've listened to it (literally my whole life) I can never figure out what it is he's saying at @ 2 :49

It sounds like, "What's there to lose? That's what I do. That's why I look fine."
    nile-vile-necrotic-rites_1500px.jpg

Been spinning this album. Has everything I want in a Nile record!

Heaviness? Check.
    Sick riffs? Check.
    Outstanding drumming? Check. George Kollias is a freaking animal.
    Surprisingly for tech death, catchy? You betcha!

Loving it!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom