• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Forums - Zelda Dungeon Forums

Pen
Pen
Happy to hear it! ^^ I had a friend over today so we played through a co-op game called A Way Out. It was a very exciting and pretty interesting game. Have you heard of it?
LegendOfMeesh
LegendOfMeesh
Ohhh that sounds like a good way to spend a day! I haven’t heard of it, though. What do you do in the game?
Pen
Pen
It was a very cinematic kind of game and it managed to make the co-op between my character and my friend's character feel completely seamless. The two characters meet while they're both prisoners at a prison and they appear to have a common enemy on the outside that they want to kill. So the first bit of the game is a prison break, and after that it's their journey to find the bad guy. It took about 6 hours to play though but it was a great experience mostly due to the great co-op gameplay. ^^
LegendOfMeesh
LegendOfMeesh
Wow! That sounds like an intense game. And thumbs up for co-op done right, too. What system is it for?
Pen
Pen
We played it on PlayStation 4 but it exists on Xbox One and PC too if I'm not mistaken. So, anything new with you? :)
LegendOfMeesh
LegendOfMeesh
Ahhh, okay. Not much is new with me, actually a lot of my time lately has been spent helping my brother with BOTW :P We used to game together all the time, he actually got me into Zelda and video games in general. But he lives in another state now which is a bummer, so we’ve been messaging back and forth about the game. That and starting to think about Christmas! How about you, what’s new?
Pen
Pen
Ah that's nice to hear! BotW quickly became my favourite video game after it came out and I've played through it eight times by now in a couple different ways. ^^ Next time I play through it I plan on doing it without taming any of the Divine Beasts. Anyway, I started a podcast channel on YouTube earlier this year together with DekuNut, and a couple others are involved too. We host a few different podcasts on the channel so that's something I've been spending a lot of time on lately. :)
LegendOfMeesh
LegendOfMeesh
Ugh, it’s such a good game. The most beautiful game I’ve ever seen! The podcast channel sounds great, what kind of podcasts are you guys doing? Are they gaming/Zelda related?
Pen
Pen
Oh yes, BotW is complete eye candy for sure! And yeah we do host a monthly Zelda podcast, as well as an Attack on Titan podcast, a Fire Emblem podcast, a movie podcast and we have some more plans for future shows too. It's a fun project to work on ^^
LegendOfMeesh
LegendOfMeesh
What’s your favorite area in the game? And that’s really cool! I don’t know much about Fire Emblem or Attack on Titan to be honest, but I’d love to check out the Zelda podcast for sure :D
Pen
Pen
Hmm that's a really hard question to answer since there are so many awesome looking areas. Kakariko Village and the Yiga clan hideout are some of my favourite places though because I love their Japanese aesthetics. Do you have a favourite area?

I'll link the playlist for our Zelda podcast. There's plenty of episodes since we released episodes weekly for the first 25 episodes or so. But when you've got some time please check out an episode that has a topic that sounds interesting to you. :D https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCBUg0-uM3hzWjjaK22WsbXVwqm8bj6zi
LegendOfMeesh
LegendOfMeesh
Ahh okay, that makes sense. Kakariko is very chill.

I really love the area in Tabantha surrounding Rito Village. The snowy areas in the game aren’t my favorite, but there’s just something I love about all the trees in that area and the transition into the snowy climate. I feel like that area was so well designed that you can practically smell the crisp, fresh air. :pikalove: Akkala and Zora’s Domain are both gorgeous areas as well.

As for the podcasts, thanks for sending me the link! I’m looking forward to checking them out in a couple hours :D
Pen
Pen
Ah yes the area around Rito village is beautiful! I really like the style of Rito Village too. Hyrule Castle itself is another favourite place of mine. I've spent so many hours exploring it and I think it's the best design of Hyrule Castle ever despite its ruined state (or maybe it's BECAUSE of its ruined state). :P

Thanks! And don't feel any need to rush to listen. I hope it's at least somewhat enjoyable to listen to cx
LegendOfMeesh
LegendOfMeesh
Not to mention how incredible Rito Village’s music is, both day and night. Absolutely gorgeous. The castle is lots of fun to explore, there are so many cool treasures to find. And having to avoid so many guardians and enemies in general makes it exciting too.

So I just started with episode 26, and I really enjoyed it! You guys have a good banter going on between you which makes it super likable.

Also, I never made the connection in regards to Midna being similar to Tatl. But after hearing that, I don’t know how I missed it! XD Very good points made throughout the episode, and I’m glad we all agree that Midna is best! Hahah. I’m going to check out some other episodes too, for sure.
Pen
Pen
Ah yes I agree, the music there is gorgeous! I prefer the piano focus on the night version but they're both great. And Hyrule Castle has one of my favourite music tracks in the game ^^

Oh thank you! And I'm glad you enjoyed it :D Yes, it's gonna be hard for future Zelda companions to beat Midna cx
LegendOfMeesh
LegendOfMeesh
The castle music can really only be described as utterly epic. It’s so dramatic and fitting for the atmosphere.
I will say that for some reason, I reallllly dislike the music in the snowy areas of the game. I can’t even explain why, I just highly dislike it. What are your thoughts on it?
And you make a good point.. I wonder what they’ll do next in regards to companions in future games. Will be interesting to see!
Pen
Pen
Oh, guess I don't love the snow area music but I definitely like it at least and I think it's fitting. It's definitely more ambient; kind of like a lot of the music is when you're out in the wild in that game. If you manage to put your finger on why you dislike it so I'd like to hear about it. ^^

Yeah I wonder too. At some point I wouldn't mind if they went back to making a game with a traditional companion again because those companions have usually been pretty good at contributing to the story in a nice way, like Midna and the King of Red Lions specifically. What would you like for them to do with companions in the future?
LegendOfMeesh
LegendOfMeesh
I definitely agree. I’ve always liked having a companion by your side in the games. Obviously they had their flaws and some held your hand a little too much, but overall the general concept is a good one if done right. I got irritated with Fi repeating stuff I already knew, so I would hope they wouldn’t make that mistake again.. I loved Midna’s personality and growth, she wasn’t stale at all like some of the other companions felt. (Well, mostly Navi... :P) I enjoyed Ezlo as a companion too, he also had a personality that was a little bit sassy which I appreciate.

I kind of just like the feeling that you’re not totally alone in your adventure. Although I will say, I didn’t mind that you didn’t have a companion in BOTW. It just felt fitting- it was a big, open, lonely feeling world that seemed like it was meant to be explored alone.

I feel like my thoughts were a little bit all over the place there hahah. So to sum it up, I would love to see a companion in future games as long as it was done right and fitting for the game’s atmosphere.
Pen
Pen
I think I agree with you completely lol Companions with a good personality and interesting connection to the story are definitely nice to have. And as long as they're not in your way or hold your hand too much or hinder you from doing what you want, then that's ideal imo. ^^

What do you think of the idea of having both Link and Zelda as playable characters in BotW2, with the one you're not controlling serving as the companion?
LegendOfMeesh
LegendOfMeesh
Absolutely!

As a concept, that sounds really enjoyable to me. Then it’s just a matter of whether it’s done right or not.. I’ve always loved the idea of being able to play as Zelda, but never figured it was a realistic wish to have. I think it would be even better if you could switch between the characters and be two different places at once, doing separate things. So you’d be able to do things both together and separately. That way, whichever character you weren’t actively playing as wouldn’t constantly be just wandering mindlessly behind you. You know what I mean? And what are your thoughts on the same topic? :)
Top Bottom