• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Forums - Zelda Dungeon Forums

Go_Skyward
Go_Skyward
Glad to hear it! hhh i'm doing alright. A lot has changed since I was on here back in 12-14 (given i was like 14/15 ish maybe? my math might be off there lol) and I am 21 now so that's a lot of time for growth. If there's anything specific you'd like to hear about I'm happy to share. Anything interesting going on in your life?
A Link In Time
A Link In Time
So I read your about me just now as I saw it was updated. So you are a female transitioning over to a male? Or did I get it backwards? Well, I wish you luck in finishing college as well since you seem to be coming close. What did you think of Breath of the Wild if you've played it? Certainly a big change for the Zelda formula.
Go_Skyward
Go_Skyward
Yeah ftm, though that is not a term I particularly care for? Dunno if you remember me being the "gender bender" back in the day. That was just a small part of my self discovery. I also posted that updated about me in case anybody from back in the day is also still here and wants to know what i've been up to so glad you read it lol. And I'd give a wavy hand motion to being close to finishing college. I started as a general computer science major then changed to IT then got specific with network administration and now I'm like.... wait I hate programming it gives me anxiety why am I doing this? So now I may be changing my major. On the bright side maybe some of my computer classes will count as electives? Couple of my computer courses didn't even transfer over from my community college to my online college I'm currently enrolled in (ASU, if you're wondering). Also I did play botw and I have such a love hate relationship with open world games. On one hand just running around is fun for me and I love it. On the downside I never finish them. Since my brain goes "WeLL yOU GoTtA dO EVERY siDe QueST". And then I do all of those and it never ends and then I get overwhelmed and never pick up the game again. ....Actually I think I just described what anxiety is like perfectly wow. lol.
A Link In Time
A Link In Time
Alright. I won't press you on that first topic. I was mostly just curious.

Hmm, I can't say I have experience switching majors, but I hope you do settle on something that gives you less anxiety than what you feel now. You might want to poke around in every area just to get a grasp for what you like. Biology, chemistry, physics, political science, maybe even English. Look all across at your options.

And, yes, I feel you about Breath of the Wild maybe being too big. It's easy to get lost. I love what there is to explore, but I wish there was a little more variety to the shrines and divine beasts, which is my biggest ask for a potential sequel or prequel. Still, climbing makes for a very unique game amidst the competition and dynamic weather is something people wanted on ZD for years, and it came to fruition. There is a solid foundation to build on.

Are you interested in the Link's Awakening remake releasing later this year?
Go_Skyward
Go_Skyward
You can ask me about the trans thing. Its more some trans people, myself included, don't really like terms like ftm or mtf because it kind of implies we are still our assigned gender and just kind of switching to the "opposite gender" if that makes sense? In my brain my life makes a lot more sense of me being trans my whole life I just never realized it until my teens due to my upbringing. (Say, had I come out at 4 like the trans stereotype that would have been stomped out by my parents immediately. But since I was a "good child" and never questioned anything they said until my teens a lot of my young self's behaviors make sense.) Again, everything I just said could be totally gibberish tom you. I just find the human condition extremely fascinating and I love intellectual discussions on how we work.

I really like history but I don't want to be a teacher or anything like that. I don't want to get a master, for now at least or within the next few years. I've been looking into social work, weirdly? You'd think working in retail would make me want to avoid humans like the plague but who knows. I want something that is easy for me to understand but still challenges me I guess? I mean if the planet is gonna go before I do I might as well try to make a difference with my puny existence lol.

I think I got a bunch of the shrines but never freed any champions because those dungeon type things kind of intimidate me more than usual dungeons in zelda (I almost said zelda dungeon shh). There is a lot of material thing can work with for the next mainline title that is for sure. They probably have shelved some ideas they had for botw that they didn't use but are gonna implement in a future installment I'm sure, that's what they always do. But yeah the weather thing is super cool but it never fails whenever I want to climb its raining. It knows!!!

You know I think Link's Awakening is one of the few zelda games I don't know so i don't think I got the chance to play it. Guess I'll have to pick it up when it releases. Also I like the art style. I don't get why people don't like it when Zelda has a more cartoony style sometimes, its charming. Most games out there are so dark and gritty its nice to see a game with some style and color, you know? (hello did I just out myself as a fan of PH, ST, and SS? oh no!)
Top Bottom