• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Forums - Zelda Dungeon Forums

DekuNut
DekuNut
I do believe you're right
It's going pretty good over here. How about on your end?
Endless waves of familial and academic tribulations beset me, but I manage to durvive somehow. :) Thanks for the concern.
DekuNut
DekuNut
Well, good to hear that.
So what kinds of things do you like outside of Zelda?
Well, I was essentially the boss at Mariokart DS back around 2006 to 2009 and held a couple world records back then. Nowadays, Payday 2, Blockstorm, Undertale, and GTA Vice City are my fuels.
DekuNut
DekuNut
Respect on that. I can't work with the handheld Mariokart - the Wii pampered me too much with the whole "turn the controller like it's the wheel" thing. While I still do fine with Mario Kart DS, I'm not as good as I l ike to be with the turns.
Myself, I like Mega Man, Sonic, Portal, and Minecraft (I think I'm on a down slope with that one again), as well as being a big fan of superhero comics/movies/shows.
Cool, who's your favourite superhero and favourite movie(s)?
DekuNut
DekuNut
Don't even get me started boy :P
In the comics, Batman Forever. Nightwing and Flash are also close to my heart. On the Marvel side, I don't read very much, but Wolverine is always fun.
DekuNut
DekuNut
Movies-wise, I'm a fan of Avengers 1 & 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Dark Knight, Batman Forever, and... well, there's very few superhero films I've seen that I don't like. If you count Ninja Turtles as superheroes, being they originated in comic books, then their reboot hurt my heart. Gonna watch the sequel just for Stephen Amell though.
DekuNut
DekuNut
Talking non-superhero movies, Dark Knight is again on there, as well as Austin Powers 3. I don't tend to rank movies, so that question's kinda hard for me
DekuNut
DekuNut
You?
Not much of a movie-goer myself, but I always had a soft spot for Spiderman. I could say that I am blessed because I got to see the Sam Raimi one back in 2002 when I was just 6, and I got to see TASM 10 years later. It was as if I literally grew up with Spidey/Peter, and it really broke my heart when the series was cancelled.
Although I am not much of a DC fan, I did enjoy the justice League and Teen Titans (not the "GO"). Despite being shows intended for children, I praise the writers for their boldness of occasionally incorporating heavy themes that still gets me the manly tears.
As for movies, I love "Die Hard" for its dark humours by Bruce Willis. I tend to like films that aren't necessarily unanimously accepted as being superb, but hey, I love innocence. I actually love films like "Maleficent", just because it's aesthetic beauty and for its bold decision of re-imagining a classic tale.
DekuNut
DekuNut
Forgot about Spidey. I was one of the people that actually enjoyed 3.
And it's kinda funny you said that you grew up with him, seeing as how he gets younger with each reboot :P
What do you think of the glimpse of the new one in Captain America 3?
DekuNut
DekuNut
As for that bit, I can see why you do. DC has a way of drawing you in no matter what the age. If you liked those, I suggest Batman: The Animated Series. Same continuity, same Batman, at his best. Plus, Joker was Mark Hamill (I forget if he showed up in Justice League). The original Titans was also really good, though I think Go! Just fell into the really bad current trends of children's cartoons.
DekuNut
DekuNut
I need to watch Die Hard. Haven't really seen it. Although I agree that Maleficent is really good, though I understand the hate. I just disagree with it. I'm really looking forward to Jungle Book later this year.
Speaking of which, which upcoming Jungle Book movie do you think will be better? Disney's (directed by Jon Favreau) or Andy Serkis's?
How could I forget the Batman animated series? I just had to watch that first thing when I got my first internet. And for the Jungle Book movie, I am excited for both, so I can't really say. If I were to choose, however, I'd say Andy Serkis, only because I have so much respect for Caesar from the Planet of the Apes reboot.
And Spidey in the new Captain America movie looks... well... I will just say that it looks a bit "obsolete". I was far too spoiled with the Spiderman costumes from the post-2000 films, and I cannot find myself digging the thick outline of his eyes.
DekuNut
DekuNut
Good. No person should have to go without seeing the true face of Batman.
I think that the cast is better for the Disney version. Ben Kingsley > Christian Bale, Bill Murray > Andy Serkis, Idris Elba > Benedict Cumberbatch, etc. But that's just personal preference.
DekuNut
DekuNut
As for the new Spidey... yeah, the CGI suit is a little much. I don't mind the eyes though. Sounds like they're lenses or something, to help him see long distances, which is cool. Plus, the outlines themselves didn't really bother me. But that's just personal preference. Know much about the actor?
Top Bottom