• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Forums - Zelda Dungeon Forums

Beauts
Beauts
Lol I highly doubt that! The reigning prem camps are going to stay at the top where they belong. The champions league is in my sights!
CrimsonCavalier
CrimsonCavalier
Yeah, I was just saying that to make myself feel better. I doubt anyone will unseat Chelsea, I'm afraid. I'm still excited for the season. I always have this preseason optimism that very quickly devolves into self-loathing and questioning why I even bother watching.
Beauts
Beauts
But we sold Cech so who knows :(

I'm glad I haven't really had to feel that way for a few years, even when we've come away with nothing I haven't felt any real reason to be ashamed of Chelsea for years.
CrimsonCavalier
CrimsonCavalier
Yeah, Arsenal came out good with that. I like Cech. But you have Courtois, who is probably the best keeper in England, so no worries. I get upset at the management of the team. Like how we haven't kept a manager for more than two seasons in years. And this summer we have sold almost all of the trash players, so it's looking pretty good! And of course, we have Kane, so...
Beauts
Beauts
Cech has been Chelsea through and through for years, a lot of fans are feeling quite betrayed not really by him but by the club for selling him. Courtois is amazing but Cech has been number one for a long time. Oh we went through it too, this is the first year we've kept a manager onto the next season in some time.
Beauts
Beauts
If you win a title they'll probably let them stick but if that'll happen soon is a different story. They aren't prepared to let managers get to know their team and find out what works for them before they fire them for not bringing any trophies home.
Beauts
Beauts
The Premiership is the main reason for this in England, they don't want to play the long game. Mourinho was only successful immediately this time and last time we had him, and in fact with any team he's ever worked with, because he's imposing enough to force the team into working together. If you don't have that charisma, you won't have immediate success and they kick you out.
Beauts
Beauts
It's sad because it's just about sponsorship deals now, and not the game. If they don't get a title they don't get the sponsorship and money so they look for someone to blame. Sometimes it's a player but most of the time it's the manager. Sorry for the numerous comments, ZD has a character limit :ananger:
CrimsonCavalier
CrimsonCavalier
I know about that pesky character limit. I have noticed that about the major football leagues in Europe. They all demand immediate success, but that's highly improbable. Even City with their dirty oil money had to wait a few seasons before they were able to buy their title.
Top Bottom