• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.
Ganondork
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About Trophies

• J
    Steam is just fantastic overall. Any worries I have over not physically owning a title are balanced out by the amazing sales and the pure convenience of having everything sitting on my hard drive. Plus, in the event of an HDD failure or you just want to install a game on another computer you own, you just redownload as many times as you want. I bring my consoles to my dorm but they're steadily growing dust.
    J
    Great thing about the NV tutorial is that you can just outright leave after Doc Mitchell's house. You're not forced to do the whole thing. And yeah, PC gaming is pretty great, but it's mainly the mod support for me, not the graphics. Plus Steam is just amazing.
    J
    Yeah you always start out in prison, Bethesda games like long intros. On PC there's always a mod to skip that sequences (a real godsend) but on consoles you're best just leaving a save at the end of the tutorial where you're given an option to redesign your character from the ground up.

New Vegas has a 2 minute tutorial compared to the other twenty minute ones.
    J
    New Vegas. Oblivion was actually pretty simple to get into but it was also less rewarding in the end.
    J
    It's definitely one of those games you need to get waist-deep into before you start to really enjoy it, but it's worth it.
    J
    Oblivion with guns but yeah pretty much. It was overall an improvement from Oblivion but that's not saying all too much. Also I swear F3 rips some soundtracks straight from Oblivion. What's good music for a medieval fantasy environment is not always good for a post-apocalyptic one as I'm sure you can imagine.

I definitely recommend New Vegas just... make sure you've got some time for it. I've logged nearly 500 hours into the game and I feel like there's still more I can do considering I've barely touched mods. I recommened it to Onilink over the summer and he just sat there playing it for months. Didn't get a job until he was finished.
    J
    They're all horribly, horribly wrong. This is just something you've got to take my word on.

Fallout 3 a good game in its own way, but it's almost an entirely different genre from the first two and New Vegas. If you want the best western RPGs have to offer, you've got to play non-3 Fallout. New Vegas is one of my favorite games of all time.
    What may seem hard now is bound to become more clear in days to come, most things change as time goes by and soon enough you will figure it all out and get on track, only a matter of time and patience.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom