• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.
Ventus
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About Trophies

• ----------
    Well I hate to admit it. Every night before bed, aside from reciting some nightly prayers in case I don't wake up the next day, I think of this extremely weird fantasy thing wherein I'm married to a video game character, have five kids (four blood children and one foster), an amazing job and really just have life set for me. It's odd in that everything which goes in the fantasy-daydream thing is the complete opposite of what actually happens in real life; I'd say my life in the daydream is at total peace whereas me myself IRL am constantly looking out for danger and what not.
    ----------
    Can you tell me some more about this? This really got me thinking...
    This summer was tough yeah.
    I was on holidays in Bosnia & Croatia and also was close to fainting a few times because of the extreme heat. Although nothing better than sitting down with the family and eating once the sun goes down ;D
    Kewl, my mother is also Muslim. Although father is Catholitc..

Sounds weird, but we celebrate both Ramadan and Christmas!! ;D

although I'm not religious :kawaii:
    Ventus, when next you get on Skype there will be a lot to read...because I went back and got the part of the chat me and Vee had about that stuff, I just hope Skype doesn't lag it all >.>
    Okay hooooold on, why you give up so easily on yourself? D= I actually hear that MMD is the perfect beginner's program into 3D animation because from what I've read, it's not difficult to work. Heck, I've already gotten a hang on how it works and I haven't even opened the frickin' program yet! It can't be that complicated if I already understand it that much xD Then you definitely can! It's split up into different panels: there's the Timeline panel where you register the model's movements on keyframes, the Bones panel where to click whether you want to move/rotate the model's bone, the camera panel for the angle on the model, the facial expressions panel for manipulating facial expressions/lip-sync, and probably a couple of other panels I have to check again. The most important panels are the Bones panel and the Timeline panel---meantime, you have your model in the middle of the screen. What you do is go to the Bones panel and click either the "move" or "rotate" bone option. If you click "move," than when you go to click on a bone in the model, it will let you pull the movable bones in the model the way you want. For example, I could select Link's shoulder bone and then pull it a little bit backwards, and his shoulder would contort in that direction. If you select "rotate" in the bones panel, then you can rotate the bones along either the X, Y, or Z axis (for example I could rotate Link's shoulder bone on any axis and it would move that way). You keep doing this until you have your model in the pose you want, and then you go to the Timeline and hit "Frame register." What this does is register the position of each separate bone on the model's body as separate keyframes at that point in time on the Timeline. What you would then do is move to a later frame on the timeline (say you jump forward about 30 frames because the animation is running at 30 frames per second) and then reposition Link's bones, and hit "Frame register" again. When you do that, the program will calculate for you the linear movement of each point between "Point A" (the first keyframe you registered) and "Point B" (the second keyframe you registered). For example, I could have "Point A" registered that Link's shoulder bone is pushed forward, and at "Point B" have it registered to be pushed backward, and the program would calculate the movement of the in-between frames, so his shoulder would make the movement from forward to backward. You keep doing this continuously and you will have yourself a full animation ;D
    That being said I don't mean to push you into anything if you're not interested, just that I don't want you to feel demotivated if there's something you want to do.

Also, you can definitely do 2D editing, anyone can do it---probably someone just hasn't explained it to you right! Months of extensive training??! NO WAY!!! SOMEONE'S BEEN LYING TO YOU ALL THIS TIME CHALLENGE ACCEPTED BE RIGHT BACK WHILE I OPEN PHOTOSHOP AND EXPLAIN IT AND I SWEAR YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE BASICS OF IT FAIRLY QUICKLY!!!

(I knew I needed the pictures! It makes so much more sense with pictures ;D)
    IT'S EASY I PROMISE YOU CAN DO IT!!
    And you don't have to use VDub! I suggested it because it's free and it lets you do the image-extraction thing pretty easily from my experience. I've never done anything video related with VDub though, but I GUARANTEE YOU that unlike the video recording stuff, you will find extracting image frames with it PAINLESS, QUICK AND EASY. Believe me, it's a very fast process, you could do it right now---RIGHT. NOW.---and you'd be in-and-out of the program in five minutes. LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES. In fact, go get a video and open it in VDUB RIGHT NOW, I'll show you just how super fast it is right now! ;D You're extracting images not videos, so there's no way for you to have any "time lag" issue. ; )
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom