• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.
Hanyou
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About Trophies

• I would probably favor government regulations like you stated on the internet if I had some sort of guarantee that the government wouldn't overstep their grounds. From what I've seen (from both this administration AND the last), I have a feeling they would take things too far and we would end up with Net Neutrality.

I agree with you completely on your second point. The thing is, NO religion can be favored. Should we be respectful and tolerant of all religions, including Islam? Absolutely! However, there is a resurgence of Sharia law, which includes honor killings and the like. I don't think that should be tolerated whatsoever. They can practice their faith, but when they are taking away someone else's freedom by doing so, I think that should be punishable by law. It seems as if people and the government are really tip-toeing around Islam to try to be politically correct, but when people are getting killed, it's gone too far.

Where I live, there is no income tax, and I believe it should be like that across the country as well, as you do. I really disapprove of eminent domain also. People have a right to their property, and I believe that right is being violated by eminent domain.

I'll definitely look into getting my hands on that book! I was fortunate enough to have a conservative college government teacher, and he pointed out how the branches have been taking more and more power that they weren't given by the Constitution. I had noticed that myself before I took the class, but I love learning about government, politics, and history, so I will definitely read that book!

I don't think Glenn unfairly bashes the public officials. He calls them out on things they have done that are wrong, or sneaky, etc. He's highly opinionated, so I can see why you (and many others) aren't a huge fan. I too think that he is unfairly hated. This is a bit off-topic, but I've heard from multiple sources that Glenn is leaving Fox. Apparently, he's going to persue a more religion-oriented type job, but I haven't heard anymore than that.

Wow! I really respect your parents for everything they must have went through! I think this country would be a much better place if people could see it from the eyes of people such as your parents, who have seen what life is like without liberty. Maybe they wouldn't be so quick to give up the rights they have, that the Founders worked so hard to earn for them.

What are your thoughts on how "politically correct" the nation has become recently?
    Well, my parents have always been for limited government, so I was introduced to the idea through them. When I was in like 7th grade, they watched Glenn Beck every night. I really enjoy his show still to this day, and I share a lot of the same views.

I think most of the power should be held by the states. The states have been losing more and more power, and the central government has been gaining it. If the states have the power, if someone doesn't like how the government is run where they live, they could move to another state where the laws could be different. Of course, the Constitiution would have to be followed, so the laws wouldn't be extremely drastically different, but at least people would have more control, you know?

I really don't like the government in my personal life at all, and I really don't like the idea of regulating the internet, or the radio airwaves and such. I feel that if we give the government a little (such as editing things for content if something is horribly graphic), they'll take a lot and start over-regulating. I believe the Constitution should be followed strictly, even if some people get offended by other people's free speech. It's impossible not to offend anyone in your life. I just wish others could see that as well.

So what are your views, if you care to share them?
    Hello:). I've noticed in SEVERAL of your posts that you are strictly for limited government. As a libertarian, I too, am for very limited government. I'm glad to find someone who shares that point of view:)
    Ha, thanks. Writing is one of the few things I'm kinda good at. I fixed the article up a lot, though. Have you seen the revised version?
    It's Kelbris from the Haunted Majora's Mask ARG. Creepy enough?
    (full picture, wiki article)
    If a video required a violation of the law to take, it should be illegal to distrubute. To me, that's logic. If money required the violation of law to obtain, should you be allowed to spend it?

In my opinion, Rand did a fairly good job of going into the morality of individualism in Part Eleven of Anthem, which is my favorite thing to quote from, if you've noticed...

My favorite selections dealing with morality are:
    "I know not if this earth on which I stand is the core of the universe or if it is but a speck of dust lost in eternity. I know not and I care not. For I know what happiness is possible to me on earth. And my happiness needs no [-nigher-] {+higher+} aim to vindicate it. My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.

Neither am I the means to any end others may wish to accomplish.
    I am not a tool for their use. I am not a servant of their needs.
    I am not a bandage for their wounds. I am not a sacrifice on
    their altars.
    I am a man. This miracle of me is mine to own and keep, and mine to guard, and mine to use, and mine to kneel before!

I do not surrender my treasures, nor do I share them. The fortune of my spirit is not to be blown into coins of brass and flung to the winds as alms for the poor of the spirit. I guard my treasures: my thought, my will, my freedom. And the greatest of these is freedom."

For Planned Parenthood, I agree with pulling Planned Parenthood funding, but I must stress to my liberal friends that it's not because I'm pro-life, but because we don't need go spend on that.
    Yes, I am a libertarian. I mostly fall in the lines of the views of the Libertarian Party, although I'm slightly liberal in ways that might irk other libertarians (I support Obamacare except the part requiring people to buy insurance).

I prefer to focus on social issues, but I mostly debate liberals, so I usually end up debating economic issues. My main political priorities are the end of "legislating morality", and end of all censorship. To me, if a TV program offends you, just don't watch it. FCC is way overstepping it's boundaries.

My life philosophy generally falls in line with Ayn Rand's morality of individualism, as best illustrated in Anthem (if you haven't read it, you should, it's what got me into her work."
    I always thought Dark City was a much more well thought out story, and definitely better written. Matrix had a good idea behind it but the execution was off and kept leaving me asking questions. And I later realized I had those questions because the writers would add things to make the story appear deep but then ignore them later or drop the concept completely. The second Matrix movie is the biggest offender here.

I always enjoy a movie with a deeper story and mythology to it, which is why I liked Dark City more. To me Matrix was a run of the mill action flick with a very similar tone to it. It is becoming rare to see any movies that are genuinely different or creative these days. Especially now that we have so many remakes of older movies and movies based on tv shows.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom