• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Does it Usually Take You to Fall in Love?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I don't think you can put a time scale on it, depends on the person, depends on the feelings involved. So may different factors that i don't think anyone could give a definitive answer.
Yeah exactly this.

There's no real answer, it can happen straight away or over a long period of time. Just depends on the situation. Me personally, I don't think I've ever really "fallen in love". I've been close, but I haven't exactly loved a girl so much so that I'd want to spend the rest of my life with them. Plus commitment scares me, so I usually talk myself out of falling in love.

I've never been in love before, but I'd like to know what it's like. Thing is, I don't want to be the one that 'tests it out', if you know what I mean. I'd much rather observe others 'falling in love' and suchlike. But then again I guess an "observer perspective" can only give you so much. Hmm.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I don't fall in love, love falls in a hole I dug three metres away from myself and covered in leaves and twigs. Now love is my prisoner and I feed it lettuce through a tube every other day.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Every person is different, and it's important to realize that some people just don't fall in love or have romantic feelings for others, while others cling to the cliché of "love at first sight," and other people are in between. You won't know how long it takes for you to fall in love until it already happens, and by then calculating how long it took won't matter -- and really it shouldn't. You shouldn't use an amount of time to scale how long it takes for you to fall in love, because that's such an unrealistic standard.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It depends on how much I connect with the other person, honestly. I can get small crushes pretty easily but I don't usually fall head-over-heels for someone until I've really gotten to know them well. If it's not someone I don't know very well and don't have a strong bond with, then it's not love. That's the way I look at it.

fairyfountain

bros before poes
I've never been in love. I thought I was once but our relationship was incredibly unhealthy and codependent so that didn't last very long.

I'd like to experience it someday but at the same time I have commitment issues and can't ever really see myself being in love/getting married/etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom