• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Solitude or company?

I've been wondering recently what it is i truly want ad feel comfortable with.

Do i want to live my life in a quiet place with my own company to better appreciate the world around me and my own self, or do i want to be surrounded by society and the exciting bustle that comes with it.

Right now i'm verging on the solitude bit, i havent had my own space in ages.

Which do you prefer, do you prefer your own space or do you need to be surrounded?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I used to think Solidarity was an excellant thing to have but then i learned companionship nowadays i think it's better to be on your own than with others but to truly appreciate the solitude you need to be hanging around people at some time.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Company! But, not surrounded. I enjoy quiet nights in or nights out with a few of my closest friends, and I've grown out of enjoying nights out with the girls when there's like 20 of us or something like that. It always ends up as everyone splintering off anyway, may as well cut out the middle man and just enjoy my time with the closest of friends. Growing up with such a large family I tend to really hate being on my own, hence why I spend so much time online; if I'm in the house alone, I just hate it and need to be chatting with people. Internet to the rescue!

octorok74

TETTAC
Solitude is nice. Leaves me alone with my thoughts. And most people don't like me anyways, so company isn't something I'm really used to unless it's close friends. So I would say I prefer solitude.

Ever since I won my 3rd and final battle against cancer(Myelodysplastic syndrome-or MDS for short- which is pre AML[Acute Myloide Leukemia]) I've become more and more secluded. Not that I really like being by myself, I love the company of others, it's just I was 15 when I first found out I had cancer(the first and second battles where against a malignant tumor) and started treatments at St. Jude's(in Memphis) and being deprived of people around my age for about 3 1/2 years kinda messed my communications skills a little.imo.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I've been wondering recently what it is i truly want ad feel comfortable with.

Do i want to live my life in a quiet place with my own company to better appreciate the world around me and my own self, or do i want to be surrounded by society and the exciting bustle that comes with it.

Right now i'm verging on the solitude bit, i havent had my own space in ages.

Which do you prefer, do you prefer your own space or do you need to be surrounded?

I do enjoy the company of others, depending on who they are but it becomes draining for me spending time with people allot. I like to be completely alone afterward as helps me recover from it all.

Djinn

and Tonic
I have never actually been alone. Went from a semi crowded house to a semi crowded apartment that always had other people over at almost all times of day and night. Typically there is someone on my couch at any given time.

But there was one time when everyone was actually gone for a weekend. Roommate was out of town at parent's, girlfriend was also out of town, the typical people that were here actually had to be gone too. One was working double shifts and I forget about the other guy. But it was actually going to be a whole Saturday and Sunday where I was actually going to be by myself in the place, and I have never had that before. I was looking forward to that for so long until the day actually happened. I was so unbelievably bored out of my mind that I was going crazy......after about 2 hours.

That weekend sucked.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
It really depends what kind of mood I'm in. There are times I just want to be on my own but I know if I spend too much time alone it's not good for me. I am social and like being around people, and I'm also super neurotic and thus need to be around other people if I don't want to drive myself insane. However, it's also good and healthy to spend time alone :)

I have a big family too, so I'm used to making myself heard. I like talking to people and conversation, even when not deep, is a great part of my life. I guess some people might not be comfortable in crowds or like find it hard to talk to people but I don't have that problem. I like to be in a big group sometimes. In an ideal world I like to be around a few people I can really talk to and enjoy the company of. But I'm also good with a crowd- I will talk to anyone. Saying that, I do also like when everyone goes home at the end and I get to be alone with my thoughts too.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
For me, a balance of both is good. Company is good because you don't drive yourself insane with your own thoughts, and solitude is good because you don't have to worry about appeasing other people. It really depends on how I feel.

ILU

i luv u
Ehhh I have pretty crappy social anxiety... So, I really do want to be in the company of others, but I feel safer and more comfortable in solitude.

Dan

Solitude is pretty neat, but even in company I'm off in my own little world anyway. People take advantage of this often when they know I rarely pay attention to what's going on around me and will throw horseshoes at me.

Bri b

Hylian warrior of Cybertron
I feel like sometimes I need people around me, while there are other times I need to b alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom