• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you feel about the beach?

I live near the coast and i love going down to the beach, i don't like the sand but i love the ocean its makes me feel all peaceful and tranquil. Plus in summer time the scenery improves. ;)

But how do the rest of you feel about the beach? Do you like going? Does the sand irritate you?
Can you reach the beach from where you live or are you so landlocked that you've never seen it in person?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Not a fan of sand, my feet feel dry and it can get sizzling hot on a sunny day. I prefer more rocky coastlines, where I can walk on smooth rock into the water :P

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think it's pretty cool. I like the sound of the waves and I like the smell of the ocean breeze. I absolutely hate being hot and sweaty, though, so I'm not too fond of actually going there. I can make it to the beach from where I live if I drive for an hour or so probably. Maybe two hours.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I'm not really a big fan of it. I mean, I don't really like going there to swim and all that; it's pretty and cool to look at, but spending extended periods of time there isn't my thing.

I used to like going to the beach a lot but I've found myself getting bored every time I go.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I live in an area surrounded by beaches. The closest one to me is only 10 minutes walking distance away. I always walk on the paths going through the dunes. In fact I just returned from an amazing walk over there. I love the ocean and I love hearing the sound of the waves. I'm not a person to lay down in the sun. I rather walk and make myself useful instead of exposing my body to the sun all day and risk of getting skin cancer. And I so agree with Azure. I dislike the hot and sweaty weather and unfortunately during summer it can get REAL hot over here.

Djinn

and Tonic
I love the beach, I go there constantly. And I hate it when I am too busy in the summer to get there more often.

I mean a real beach, tropical or sub tropical. Upper north temperate zone ones, especially on the Atlantic are just depressing. Cold, gray, molds with the gray sky until it's like staring into some creepy gray void that never ceases to make noise all day.

But south Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, or Pacific, ah yea.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I love the beach, but I live in a land locked Ohio. So I guess the beach just takes me away. I can walk the beach for miles. Just so much too see no only in the water, but along the coast.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I'm a ginger, so I hate the idea of being in the sun. But I do like large bodies of water, and sand doesn't really bother me all that much. A day I can traverse the beach and swim with thick cloud cover is a good day for me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I live pretty close to a beach, but it rains 363 days a year so I don't see the joy in physically traversing a sandy terrain as I become more and more soaked.

octorok74

TETTAC
I've only been to the beach a couple of times, but I love it. Wet sand fels weird and kind of gross, but dry sand I'm cool with walking on. The water feels nice and the wind adds a nice touch but only when it is hot. Wish I could get to the beach more often, but I can't.

linkypete

I am the very model of a modern major-general
I only enjoy the beach when I have friends who are around my age to enjoy it with. When I go with my family it just feels forced, and all I do is roll out a towel and sleep until it is time to leave.Also, the sand is just annoying and hard to clean out. The water where I live is always very cold, but that usually does not pose any problem to me until I get out and suffer through the chilly winds causing my body to freeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom