• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Meaning Behind Your Username?

Sheik

:the:
My username used to be "AvatarFlygon", and my current one is just a shortened version of that. As for why it was AvatarFlygon... well, I liked Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Flygon was my favorite Pokemon, and when you like two things a lot you sometimes want to mash them together to make one giant mega-great thing. I learned the hard way that that was a bad idea, though; I mean, if you like green beans, and you also like chocolate cake, mixing them up isn't going to create some kind of mystical ambrosia, but instead something very disappointing... Thus, I changed my username from AvatarFlygon to Avagon.

Sort of a combination of a few things, when I joined I was really hyped for Hyrule Warriors and I liked the design of Wizzro so I wanted something that kinda reflected ancient evil. Also I like Poes.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, my original name on here was TSter The Great, which is a name I started using everywhere when I was like 12 and got tired of it. I couldn't think of what to change it to here, because I wanted something meaningful.

Over time, I developed a liking to putting the :ezlo: emote on top of others to make it look like they were wearing Ezlo as a hat. My favourite combination was this one:

:ezlo:
:mellow:

I then realized that Mellow Ezlo kinda sounds like a song I like (Mellow Yellow), so I changed my usertitle to it. Didn't want it as my username though.

Then I started putting more thought into it and realized that it would fit me very well. For one thing, I consider myself to be a lot like Ezlo personality wise, and he's actually one of my favourite characters in the series. I then realized that despite that, I tend to be really mellow in real life, especially when presented with difficult situations. So combine all those and voila, Mellow Ezlo was born.

EDIT: btw Ari, you didn't tell us what your username means! :right:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
My favourite Zelda game is A Link to the Past, so I named myself after the Book of Mudora. I was originally known on the forums as HEY! LISTEN!, but decided it was time for a change.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Well, my original name on here was TSter The Great, which is a name I started using everywhere when I was like 12 and got tired of it. I couldn't think of what to change it to here, because I wanted something meaningful.

Over time, I developed a liking to putting the :ezlo: emote on top of others to make it look like they were wearing Ezlo as a hat. My favourite combination was this one:

:ezlo:
:mellow:

I then realized that Mellow Ezlo kinda sounds like a song I like (Mellow Yellow), so I changed my usertitle to it. Didn't want it as my username though.

Then I started putting more thought into it and realized that it would fit me very well. For one thing, I consider myself to be a lot like Ezlo personality wise, and he's actually one of my favourite characters in the series. I then realized that despite that, I tend to be really mellow in real life, especially when presented with difficult situations. So combine all those and voila, Mellow Ezlo was born.

EDIT: btw Ari, you didn't tell us what your username means! :right:

It's my name! A shorter version of my name, actually.

My full name is Ariana, but my close friends and family call me Ari. :) It's also part of my stage name for shows. :)

Pretentiousness.

That's the short answer.

My Disqus username, which I only really used to comment on ZD articles, was "EsteemedAssociate," for the sole reason that I thought it rolled off the tongue nicely. When I joined here, I went to enter it as my name, but it wouldn't fit-- so I spent the next 10 minutes racking my brain for synonyms for both words... And I ended up here; in the process sacrificing any fluidity or catchiness which it'd previously had. Don't know what I was thinking... Oops.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
A friend of mine nicknamed me kitten many years ago, so it just ended up being my username. I'm also a cat-person, so it suits me. The miss in front of it is mainly because after a while more and more sites tended to already have a "kitten", so adding the miss just made the odds better that it wasn't taken :P

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
My username meaning is pretty much easy. Link from Legend of Zelda. Nerd because I like to have knowledge of my favorite video games and 09 because I like the number 9 with 0 next to it. And it came to life, Linknerd09.

LinkIsSexy

Kissing Link is like chocolate; rich and sweet.
Heh, well, I was going to be 'Starlight Skyloftian' like I am over on ZU, but that was too long so I kinda just put in what I was thinking at the time.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
My username is taken from a famous icon in American culture. That's right, the one and only John "Bud" Hillerich, the man responsible for the Louisville Slugger brand of baseball bats.

joe-dimaggio-150-dpi.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom