• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Walking Dead RP

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"What do you think?" The redheaded one replied, hesitating for a good long moment before putting his knife back in his blazer. "We're doing what everyone is doing: Running from the Walkers. And you?" The question was definitely sarcastic, a jab at what he found to be a pointless conversation. The little girl with him just shrank farther behind him, barely even peeking out at the man with the gun.

Milo tensed in her "sleep" when she heard Kane stand up and go towards... somewhere. She'd heard the voices, too, and could barely make out the conversation--good hearing was one thing she prided herself on. So far, the only unfamiliar voice was that of an agressive, sarcastic male. Wonderful. Milo scowled slightly before her expression relaxed again.

((Wait, there are only four of us, right? That means it's just Kane and Milo for now if I'm right. If I'm wrong, carry on, thougyh.))

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"Exactly what I just said." The redhead snarked, his everlasting glare deepening with annoyance. "We didn't even know you were here until five minutes ago. We were just trying to find shelter for the night." Honestly, Dagger wasn't sure he liked this guy all that much, and was even less sure if they should go to his alleged camp. But he'd already promised Madi, so he'd at least try to get them a night in relative safety...

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Mardric

"My mansion was overrun by those monsters. I've been walking or running for almost two days straight-Is that a campfire? I would love to be near a fire right now."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"Oh, your mansion?" Dagger turned around and asked Mardric incredulously. "Well, didn't you have it lucky. Two whole days out here? Oh, it must've been so hard." He would've actually gone off on this subject a lot longer, but he was stopped by a tug at his jacket. The source was Madi, who was looking up at him with a disapproving look on her face. She was kind of his moral compass these days, and had taken up the job with vigilance. So he promptly shut up, his feelings still clear in his glare.

Kane

Citizen
Kane

I couldn't quite get a read on the redhead. He seemed volatile, potentially dangerous, but these days, you could use someone like that.

"We have some room if you want to camp with us for the night. In return, you have to help us gather supplies tomorrow. It's your choice if you stay after that."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((Trust me,Character!Kane, that's a pretty good read on Dagger right there.))

Upon hearing the offer, Dagger turned his glare to the guy with the gun. He was trying to make a deal, huh? The question was whether it was worth taking... Frankly, it only took a moment and a terrifying glare to decide, since of course he'd promised Madi he would. "Fine, you've got a deal." He snapped, the chill in his voice clearly implying that they were not going to stay any longer than they had to.

In a complete contrast to Dagger, Madi was looking up at Kane with this tiny, thankful smile on her face. She still didn't say a word, but she made a perfect little contrast to the redhead she hid behind.

Last edited:

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Mardric

"I agree as well." Mardric turned toward the angry man. "Yes my Mansion. Unlike some people I worked hard for what I used to have. If the thought of my success offends you, please tell me."

I walked toward the camp. That guy had some real nerve. What does he think this is? A game? You can't win this by being a jerk.

Kane

Citizen
Kane

"Follow me then. You guys need something to eat? We don't have much to offer but I could make you something small."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"No." Dagger replied near-immediately. Then he got a tug at his sleeve, and subsequently added "Not for me. Just for her." He subtly jerked his head in Madi's direction to clarify the 'her' he was referring to, but otherwise didn't draw attention to her.

Kane

Citizen
Kane

I nodded as we got closer to my camp. We were doubling the group in size with the newcomers. Part of me hoped that they'd stay after they helped tomorrow. But if there's anything I've learned so far, it's that you have to take things one minute at a time.

I reached the campfire and made a gesture for the newcomers to sit down. I went inside my tent to grab some food. I noticed Chris was lying awake.

Chris

I was looking forward to a good sleep, but that was too much to expect. Most nights I hear voices. Mom, Dad, Grandma, my old friends. But tonight I realized that the voices I heard were real, live people. I was thankful that Kane came in our tent before I had to go out and introduce myself. I get a little nervous around strangers.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"I found some people while I was on my watch. They seem alright for the most part. I'm gonna feed them some beans by the fire if you wanna come out."

"I guess for a little bit."

I was tired, but I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep with the chatter that would be going on. I followed Kane out of our tent.

Milo stayed exactly where she was through all this--that is, in a tree, draped across its branches. If nothing else, Milo was damn good at climbing trees, and she took some strange comfort in being up in one. That, and she'd like to see a Walker get ten feet off the ground on branches that weak. She'd only barely made it up herself.

She couldn't say she trusted either of these people just yet, not that she could see them. Granted, everything she and all other survivors had been through made it difficult to quite trust anyone. She'd been stabbed in the back before, and it had forced her to become warier. Of course, she was still too trusting... just not right away.

Captor's cold smirk flashed in her closed eyes for a moment before she scowled, balling a hidden fist for a brief moment and shoving it away. No. No more thinking about him. She hoped the ******* was dead.

But... death wishes aside, she could feel her insatiable curiosity welling up about these people. It was getting harder to continue to fake sleep.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
At first, Dagger didn't take Kane's offer. But when Madi sat by the fire and curled up into a little ball like she always did, he sat next to her and put an arm around her shoulder. She gave him a tiny smile, he gave her a tiny nod, and all was right with the world. He still looked dangerous and stand-offish to anyone besides his little sister, but now his anger had hints of Papa Bear peeking through the ruthlessness.

Kane

Citizen
Kane

I brought the beans outside and handed them to the redhead. He seemed like their leader. "I don't think I caught your name before."

Chris

I walked slowly behind Kane. I didn't expect to see three new people. I had only heard two new voices. The third was a girl my age. She was pretty cute, I guess. I had almost forgotten what a girl my age looked like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom