• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Walking Dead RP

Kane

Citizen
Here it is. Our journey through the zombie apocalypse is about to begin. If you have questions about the rules or signing up for this RP, refer to the sign-up thread. Now, let's do this.

* * *​

Kane

My name is Kane Neeson. Up until three months ago, I lived a normal life in the suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts. But nothing good lasts forever. I found that out quick.

I was at school one day in early March. Being a senior in high school, I had a lot of stress weighing down on me: homework, girls, prom, college. I'd kill to have that pressure back, because what I have now is a lot worse. I was in lunch that day when things went haywire. The teachers and principals started buzzing around with concerned looks on their faces. I got on Twitter to see if I could find out why they were also so worried. I saw a lot of shocking things, but everything was the same: disease, outbreak, panic.

That's when I saw one for the first time: a walker. Straight out of a horror movie. A near invincible, undead, bloodthirsty demon. An army of them limped their way into my school cafeteria. I watched my friends die. What the hell was I supposed to do?

I immediately sought out my brother, Chris. He's twelve years old. He was in sixth grade when all of this happened; luckily, the middle school was next to my high school. I ran to find him, and by some miracle he was outside with a group of other kids being protected by their teacher. The teacher got bitten as soon as I got there. I grabbed Chris's hand and took off running. I yelled for the other kids to follow, but they were too scared to comprehend. I couldn't look back - not with Chris's life in my hands.

Chris and I ran home immediately. Our dad died a few years back from cancer. I had started getting over that loss after a while, but I wasn't ready for what I saw when we got home. My mom was dead in the driveway, with a large chunk of flesh bitten off of her neck. I tried to console Chris, but there was nothing I could do; I could barely handle myself. I kneeled down in front of my mom in tears, and as I looked her in the eyes, she looked back at me. After a few seconds, she let out a horrible, guttural sound. It wasn't human, and neither was she. I ran, grabbed Chris again, and got into our minivan. I slammed on the gas pedal and tried to drive into downtown Boston for help; I found nothing there but walkers. I turned around and went the other way.

The minivan ran out of gas a few miles outside of Boston. Chris and I were lucky enough to find a group of fellow survivors that we could rely on. We've been with them for three months now. We spend 18 hours a day looting, hunting, and trekking through New England; all we need is a lifeline. All we need is something to save us from this world: a world where the dead walk and the living run.

We may have found that hope. Yesterday we were looting a house near Albany, New York when Chris found a letter:

Dear Ashley,

There's still hope. I'm on my way to Newark, where there's said to be a quarantined zone. I don't know if it's true, but I'm leaving for it now. If you ever find this letter, know that I love you and we may be together again if we can both make it to Newark alive. Don't give up. We'll make it through this.

Bobby

We have a camp just south of Albany on the Hudson River. We're following the river until we reach Newark. We move by day and rest by night. Nobody's safe at night. The sun is setting now, and it's my shift to do sentry. I'll be lucky to make it through the night.

((Oh wait is this in first person? Ahhh I've never RP'd in first person... I'll just stick with third for now. I'm assuming we're all with the camp right now, but I want to confirm before I post.))

Kane

Citizen
(Yeah we're all at the camp. You don't have to use first person; I'm going to but don't feel forced to at all.)

((Awesome. I hope you guys can forgive me for the horrific nature of the deaths and faked deaths I have planned.))

Three months. It had been three months since Milo's reality dissolved into total hell. It seemed so much longer than that, and yet so much shorter.

Milo was as sleepless as ever. For Kane's sake, she was faking sleep, keeping her breathing slow and her body still. But her mind was wide awake behind closed eyes, and inside, she was abuzz. Maybe it was just paranoia, but she had an odd feeling that tonight wouldn't be a very happy experience. Granted, she had that sense of foreboding basically every night.

Her apocalypse had begun with her best friend shooting her girlfriend in the face. The steely glint in Meli's eyes was still bright, even though Milo knew they had gone dull not even a month before. A month, how could it have been so much time? It didn't make any sense. A person didn't just travel across the entire goddamn country, Oregon to New York, in two months. A person didn't fall hopelessly in love and get dragged screaming from his corpse in the space of a week. A person shouldn't have to cross Michigan and Pennsylvania alone. Granted, Milo was very, very lucky to be alive, and to have found these people.

It wasn't safe to linger on what had happened, or what was to come. Milo knew that for a fact. But she couldn't help it. And she definitely wasn't falling asleep any time soon.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((OK, so I'm nervous. Because my babies are newcomers to this fancy troupe. ...If that's OK. I'm just gonna do that for now.))

Dagger had frankly lost track of how long he'd been running. A few months, at least. He just knew it felt like forever since the day he'd flew over the Atlantic to spend a vacation with his parents' closest family friends. He'd thought 'Oh yeah, this is just gonna be a boring trip to the States, you'll be home in no time'. But turns out 'no time' actually meant 'never', because that's when the Walker virus first broke out.

He'd only survived because Madi had asked him to take her to the bathroom at that ****ed amusement park his parents thought would be 'so fun to try'. He'd heard the screams from the crowds he'd exited minutes ago, taken Madi's hand, and run. He never looked back, not even when she did. And he could tell she's regretted that decision ever since.

But neither of them had the time to look back anymore. It was just run, run, run. Run from the Walkers, how ironic. He knew they were lucky to survive, to stay together, but it was getting harder to remind Madi of that every time she broke down crying from stress. That was getting more often, and he wasn't sure how much longer she was gonna stay sane in this ****hole of a world. Heck, he wasn't sure how long he was gonna stay sane...

That was when he saw the light. He stopped the little girl by his side from going any farther, shushed her, then went forward slowly, the child sticking to the back of his blazer like it was routine. The closer he got, the more he could see that the light was from a camp. A camp of survivors. Madi gasped when she saw it too, and tugged at his jacket with a look that begged him 'Please can we go there?'

They never stayed with other survivors long, mostly because they all died out around them, but they were getting low on supplies... Dagger returned Madi's look with a nod, and the brightest little smile grew across her face. One that even he couldn't help but return as they headed closer to the camp.

((Merp. Yes, Dagger is British, HyMo. I'm playing around with it this time. ^^))

Last edited:

Kane

Citizen
(I won't be on much tomorrow, but feel free to RP; just don't take the plot far because I have some cool things in mind.)

Kane

I saw two figures in the distance approaching out camp. Just my luck. I drew my pistol but let the figures come closer. They weren't limping like walkers did. Could they be people? I kept my pistol aimed just to be sure.

DarkAssassinXer

Dweller of the Clockwork
//Ky: Here coooooooooooooooooooooooomes, your swordsman! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b13acsgfHf8

Ky couldn't believe what happened in these past few months. It was like one day he was having a peaceful training session, and the next everything went to hell. How the heck did this outbreak start? Luckily his family had a great amount of food for him due to their wealth, but he never cared for money. He and his girlfriend swore that one of them would be the best swordsman in the world. And through a zombie apocalypse? Well needless to say the two kept their dream. But last week completely broke him. When Ky was preparing the food a walker came out of nowhere and tried to bite him. With the swords down, his girlfriend jumped in front of the walker and took the bite for him. It was small, but definitely bleeding. He quickly got his silenced pistol and shot it down, but of course the bite was already made. With tears falling, Ky knew her time would be up by nightfall. He remembered her request. "P-Please.. Let's find a small c-cave.. before I die.. I want to rest peacefully.." She said quietly.

Luckily, the two made trail and found a small cave. He remembered her last words, they rang like bells in his mind. "Love... Strike m-me in the head.. I-I don't have m-much time l-left.. Take my s-sword with you and please.. Be the g-greatest swordsman through all this hell!" With one last kiss from her, Ky nodded with tears running down his face and pierced her head. It was exactly like a nightmare he had as a child, he couldn't believe it. He took his bag and the two swords, then sealed the cave with a large rock. No walker would eat her, and no person would hurt her.

He finally found a camp, after the worst moment in his life there was still hope. He didn't know what to think of these people, but he kept quiet. He hadn't told anyone of what happened before he found them. But he had a look of pain in his eye, something that never left him. For now, he's alive yet still broken. He lied down and looked up at the stars with his swords in hand. Nothing was gonna kill him. He had a promise to keep and by god he would keep it.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Mardric

I watched as a man and a girl walked by. They could be a lifeline if I just followed them. But what if they saw me following them and tried to kill me? Oh well, I'll just introduce myself. "Hey, what's up?"

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
And of course said man immediately drew a knife and whirled on Mardric. When he saw that this was a person that was A, not a Walker and B, not armed at the moment and therefore not there to kill them and swipe their stuff, he put the knife away and barked "What do you want?", his eyes darting around everywhere to make sure that no one would be ambushed during this pointless conversation.

Last edited:

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
"No need to be unfriendly, I just thought I might travel with you, safety in numbers and all that.... If it's alright with you." I look around and make sure none of 'THEM' are coming. I see a glow in the distance. "I see a fire ahead, is that your camp?"

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"No." Dagger replied coldly, wondering just how someone this idiotic had survived so long in the zombie apocalypse. "Which means I obviously can't tell you not to go there. In fact, you should go there. Stick with them, because I don't take tagalongs." With that, he discreetly polaced a hand on Madi's shoulder, not calling too much attention to her but clearly implying that she wasn't a tagalong.

Kane

Citizen
Kane

Voices. There were three figures out there now. They had all come to a halt. Walkers never stopped; they knew only two things: go and kill. No one had been attacked. And the voices were normal. I knew these were people.

For a moment I considered waking someone else to keep watch while I approached these three people, but everyone at camp had earned their sleep for the night. I got down from my post on the limb of a tree and walked out towards the three people, my pistol firmly grasped in my hand.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Madi spotted this newcomer first, and tugged on Dagger's sleeve to get him to turn around. He did, and immediately took out another knife. This new figure was coming from the camp, and walking steadily instead of limping and plodding along, so he proooobably wasn't a Walker. But he also had a gun. Who knew what this guy was planning to do?

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Mardric

I saw the figure carrying a gun and I raised my hands into the air, not wanting to provoke him. I waited till he was close enough before I spoke. "Is that your camp? I've been walking for days and need somewhere to rest."

Kane

Citizen
Kane

I heard the man's question but didn't bother to answer until I had made sure these people were safe. Noticing one guy had a knife out, I looked at him as I stowed away my pistol.

"What are you all here for?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom