• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Walking Dead RP (SU)

Kane

Citizen
Part of why I joined this forum is because I wanted to try out RPing and this seemed like a good community to do it in. Being a huge Walking Dead fan, I thought I'd start my own Walking Dead RP.

Rules:

1. Two characters per user maximum.
2. You cannot kill another user's character without their consent. Given the nature of The Walking Dead, however, characters will die. When a user agrees to have their character killed, that character will die and the user can create a new survivor to join the group.
3. You can also kill off your own character if you want, but don't do this all the time. A character changers allowed every two weeks.
4. You can do almost anything in this RP that doesn't break the forum rules. Keep the cussing minimal, though it may be appropriate in heated moments in the RP. Characters can also hook up in the RP, but keep it PG-13.
5. Sign-ups for this RP will never end. The take will be ongoing, and as in the show, new characters will appear often. Don't be afraid to sign-up no matter how far the story has gone because I or another user will get you up to speed.

Sign-up format:

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Weapon:

That's it. Character backgrounds will be revealed throughout the RP and that'll be part of the fun. Create your character as you go along, lie to people, do whatever it takes to survive. You can also pick up new weapons as we go along.

My characters:

Name: Kane Neeson
Personality: witty, humorous, caring, strives to lead, protects those close to him, hardens as the story progresses
Appearance: abour 6'0", brown hair, lean muscle, handsome, wears jeans and a forest green t-shirt
Weapon: a butcher knife and a pistol

Name: Chris Neeson
Personality: similar to Kane (his older brother) but less bold and relies on Kane too much
Appearance: about 5'2", messt blonde hair, thin, wears jeans and one of Kane's sweatshirts that's too big for him
Weapon: small pocket knife

List of Survivors:

Kane / 17 / Male
Chris / 12 / Male
Milo / 22 / Female
Dagger / 17 / Male
Madi / 11 / Female
Ky / 19 / Male
Mardric / 21 / Male

Last edited:
Okay, I really like your open mindedness, and as a decently interested Walking Dead fan myself I think I'll join. But I'd like to make a few suggestions first. As a ZD veteran, I'm not trying to put you down, I'm trying to maximize the fun for everyone else, and get the most people possible in on this.

Telling just name, age and gender isn't enough, it really isn't. Revealing that stuff during an RP is a cop out. It's helpful to other RPers to know about backstory and personality going in, as well as what choices another person's character is more likely to make, so that they know what a good or bad choice to lead their character into would be, not to mention that when you write it out beforehand, it becomes clearer to you, too. It's really hard to just make up a character as you go--you have to go in knowing these things. You can build higher from a strong foundation and such. That, and it's kind of important to know appearance so you can get a clear mental image.

All I'm saying is that you may want to consider adding at least a personality and preferred weapon section to the SU. It'd make it easier on everyone else. The simplicity of the current format is elegant but too little to work from. Really, I'd add an appearance, too, but that may be just me.

Kane

Citizen
Okay, I really like your open mindedness, and as a decently interested Walking Dead fan myself I think I'll join. But I'd like to make a few suggestions first. As a ZD veteran, I'm not trying to put you down, I'm trying to maximize the fun for everyone else, and get the most people possible in on this.

Telling just name, age and gender isn't enough, it really isn't. Revealing that stuff during an RP is a cop out. It's helpful to other RPers to know about backstory and personality going in, as well as what choices another person's character is more likely to make, so that they know what a good or bad choice to lead their character into would be, not to mention that when you write it out beforehand, it becomes clearer to you, too. It's really hard to just make up a character as you go--you have to go in knowing these things. You can build higher from a strong foundation and such. That, and it's kind of important to know appearance so you can get a clear mental image.

All I'm saying is that you may want to consider adding at least a personality and preferred weapon section to the SU. It'd make it easier on everyone else. The simplicity of the current format is elegant but too little to work from. Really, I'd add an appearance, too, but that may be just me.

I suppose. I just thought it might be interesting to have backgrounds revealed throughout the RP, just like in the TV show. I see where you're coming from though. I'll add appearance, personality, and weapon to the sign-up. Thanks for your input.

I suppose. I just thought it might be interesting to have backgrounds revealed throughout the RP, just like in the TV show. I see where you're coming from though. I'll add appearance, personality, and weapon to the sign-up. Thanks for your input.

Of course. And RPers that work together a lot will sometimes just fling the characters together and make it up as they go. But when there's one or more new players involved, or characters that haven't been used often, there's the risk of misinterpretations. Thanks for understanding! ^^ Like I said, you have a very open mind, and that's a great thing to have. I honestly wouldn't take critique that well when I thought I was in the right.

I think I'll start off with something a little interesting for an RP like this.

Name: Emily 'Milo' Peterson
Personality: On the inside, Milo is probably the boldest, bravest, kindest human being that ever dared to exist. Well grounded, sympathetic and usually good at keeping her calm when things take a turn for the worst, Milo might be the best person to have on your side in times like this. But there is such thing as too much of a good thing. Milo isn't just too kindhearted to lie, betray, or fight, she's too nervous to make good on the courage hidden deep in her heart. I wouldn't call her a damsel in distress, but if she gets cornered, she's more likely to scream than pull the trigger. If she can even manage a scream, that is. Milo has a severe stutter because of a problem with her vocal chords, one that only worsens the more nervous she gets, and she can't usually speak very loudly.
Appearance: Milo has a petite frame, standing at 5'2". She tends to hunch her shoulders and walks quietly. She has strangely spritelike features, with prominent cheekbones, olive skin, and arched eyebrows. Her eyes are a strange shade of white that can seem a hundred colors at once in the sun. Her untameably wavy brown hair has been sloppily cut short in recent times.
Weapon: Oh gosh no. No weapons for Milo. She's a doctor, a medic, and she's got the guts to go out in a horde to risk her life saving a friend. But weapons? Killing? Never. Never ever ever.

Heehee, let's see how long Little Milo laaasts~

Kane

Citizen
Of course. And RPers that work together a lot will sometimes just fling the characters together and make it up as they go. But when there's one or more new players involved, or characters that haven't been used often, there's the risk of misinterpretations. Thanks for understanding! ^^ Like I said, you have a very open mind, and that's a great thing to have. I honestly wouldn't take critique that well when I thought I was in the right.

I think I'll start off with something a little interesting for an RP like this.

Name: Emily 'Milo' Peterson
Personality: On the inside, Milo is probably the boldest, bravest, kindest human being that ever dared to exist. Well grounded, sympathetic and usually good at keeping her calm when things take a turn for the worst, Milo might be the best person to have on your side in times like this. But there is such thing as too much of a good thing. Milo isn't just too kindhearted to lie, betray, or fight, she's too nervous to make good on the courage hidden deep in her heart. I wouldn't call her a damsel in distress, but if she gets cornered, she's more likely to scream than pull the trigger. If she can even manage a scream, that is. Milo has a severe stutter because of a problem with her vocal chords, one that only worsens the more nervous she gets, and she can't usually speak very loudly.
Appearance: Milo has a petite frame, standing at 5'2". She tends to hunch her shoulders and walks quietly. She has strangely spritelike features, with prominent cheekbones, olive skin, and arched eyebrows. Her eyes are a strange shade of white that can seem a hundred colors at once in the sun. Her untameably wavy brown hair has been sloppily cut short in recent times.
Weapon: Oh gosh no. No weapons for Milo. She's a doctor, a medic, and she's got the guts to go out in a horde to risk her life saving a friend. But weapons? Killing? Never. Never ever ever.

Heehee, let's see how long Little Milo laaasts~

I figured I should take the advice from the veteran since I'm the new guy in town. I like your character; thanks for signing up. Hopefully we can get a few more members to join so we can get started with the RP.

P.S. I saw your visitor message but I couldn't respond to it. Not sure why.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OK. SO. I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF ZOMBIES BUT I KIND OF WANT TO SIGN UP. PROBLEM IS I HAVE NO IDEA WHO TO SIGN UP AS.

I kinda wanna do the Dagger/Madi combo, but not only is tat two people, I feel like Madi would be copying Milo too much. Should I do Fang, the untameable brawny bad***? ...Or should I do Dagger on his own, make him that much more angsty...?

I think I'll go with Dagger.

Name: Winston 'Dagger' Cunningham. Call him Winston and you get a knife to the gut.
Personality: ...Really kind of a jerk. He's hardened his heart to survive the zombie apocalypse, and frankly, the only reason he still has a heart at all is the little girl he's keeping safe. It's survive or die, but ****it he's going to survive! Even if he has to kill every single last ****ing Walker on this planet! He'll do whatever he has to to keep his little sister safe.
Oh, and he gets a British accent when he's particularly angry or frustrated, otherwise he sounds American.
Appearance: You know, I'm not gonna post a picture for once. He's tall, I'm debating the height but he's at least 5'10", with a thin yet strong frame. He has a thin, handsome face, short crimson hair, (yes crimson red it's not quite natural deal with it please) and ice blue eyes narrowed in a permaglare. He wears a black blazer over a white t-shirt and jeans, and I'mma give him sneakers this time, just to be practical.
Weapon: He has multiple weapons. But see, the thing is, he doesn't like guns. He hates them. They're loud and clunky and attract way too much attention and frankly he's just better off without them. That's why he fights with knives. Throwing knives to be precise. He collects them wherever and whenever he can, even right from the bodies of Walkers (thugh he makes sure to clean those extremely well.). He also has gloves with metal claws hidden in the fingers (they're cool I don't care if they're not exactly quite possible in the completely real world!) and darts and syringes full of all types of poisons. He's pretty much stocked.

Name: Madeline Black, Madi for short.
Personality: Very shy and easily scared, and has a stutter like you wouldn't believe, but she also has a desperate sort of courage that keeps her alive in situations like this. Seems really meek and polite, but has a hidden snark mode on the inside, one that she rarely, if ever, lets out. Besides, she's too busy worrying about zombies and staying alive to have time to stutter out a snide remark. She's just glad she has Dagger by her side, she knows she wouldn't be able to survive without him.
Appearance: Again, no picture. She's small and skinny, definitely less than 5', with long, straight black hair and stormy grey-blue eyes. She's very pale, with light freckles sprayed across her nose, and trembles constantly. Almost looks sickly, but is actually in (relatively) perfect health. Wears a worn, faded pink sweater, jeans, and sneakers.
Weapon: She is definitely not as stocked as Dagger, and in fact doesn't fight much because of that. But she does have a knife of her own, just in case she needs it. But this one's larger than a throwing knife, it's more of a hunting knife. She hates the idea of using it, though...

Gah, it was hard not putting Backstory in this, but I will respect that. And I will admit, I don't actually watch The Walking Dead, but my dad does, so if there's things about the show that I MUST know, besides the fact that there are zombies killing everything and Dagger will most likely die at some point, then I'll ask him, or even one of you. But does Dagger sound good? And on that note, Madi?

Last edited:

Kane

Citizen
OK. SO. I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF ZOMBIES BUT I KIND OF WANT TO SIGN UP. PROBLEM IS I HAVE NO IDEA WHO TO SIGN UP AS.

I kinda wanna do the Dagger/Madi combo, but not only is tat two people, I feel like Madi would be copying Milo too much. Should I do Fang, the untameable brawny bad***? ...Or should I do Dagger on his own, make him that much more angsty...?

I think I'll go with Dagger.

Name: Winston 'Dagger' Cunningham. Call him Winston and you get a knife to the gut.
Personality: ...Really kind of a jerk. He's hardened his heart to pure stone to survive the zombie apocalypse, and frankly, he doubts anything can break that at this point. It's survive or die, but ****it he's going to survive! Even if he has to kill every single last ****ing Walker on this planet! And he'll do it by himself.
Appearance: You know, I'm not gonna post a picture for once. He's tall, I'm debating the height but he's at least 5'10", with a thin yet strong frame. He has a thin, handsome face, short crimson hair, (yes crimson red it's not quite natural deal with it please) and ice blue eyes narrowed in a permaglare. He wears a black blazer over a white t-shirt and jeans, and I'mma give him sneakers this time, just to be practical.
Weapon: He has multiple weapons. But see, the thing is, he doesn't like guns. He hates them. They're loud and clunky and attract way too much attention and frankly he's just better off without them. That's why he fights with knives. Throwing knives to be precise. He collects them wherever and whenever he can, even right from the bodies of Walkers (thugh he makes sure to clean those extremely well.). He also has gloves with metal claws hidden in the fingers (they're cool I don't care if they're not exactly quite possible in the completely real world!) and darts and syringes full of all types of poisons. He's pretty much stocked.

Gah, it was hard not putting Backstory in this, but I will respect that. And I will admit, I don't actually watch The Walking Dead, but my dad does, so if there's things about the show that I MUST know, besides the fact that there are zombies killing everything and Dagger will most likely die at some point, then I'll ask him, or even one of you. But does Dagger sound good?

Your character works. I'll let you know anything you need to know about the show when the time comes. Thanks for joining.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OMG really? Wow, thank you! That'll be exciting! But if you do end up giving me the OK, there will be a slight change to Dagger's personality. Just a slight one.

Aslo, how long ago was the initial apocalypse in this RP? Like, a few months, a few years, a long time? It'd help me a bunch to know that. Thank you again for all the help. :sweat:

Kane

Citizen
OMG really? Wow, thank you! That'll be exciting! But if you do end up giving me the OK, there will be a slight change to Dagger's personality. Just a slight one.

Aslo, how long ago was the initial apocalypse in this RP? Like, a few months, a few years, a long time? It'd help me a bunch to know that. Thank you again for all the help. :sweat:

Yeah, go ahead. And you can change Dagger as well since we haven't started yet. I might make a second character for fun. Hylian_Monolith, you can make a second character as well if you wish. I'm gonna change the rules to allow two.

I'll set the scene pretty well in the first post of the RP, but we'll be about three months into the apocalypse.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Yaaaaaaay! Let the changes to my SU post commence~!

You know, you're a pretty cool guy. I think you'll fit right in here. ^^

Kane

Citizen
Yaaaaaaay! Let the changes to my SU post commence~!

You know, you're a pretty cool guy. I think you'll fit right in here. ^^

Both characters are accepted. I made my second character also. I think our characters will interact well.

Thanks. :) I hope I'll fit in. I haven't RPed before but I write a lot so that should help.

DarkAssassinXer

Dweller of the Clockwork
Heyo! Welcome to the RP section amigo! I'm Xer, just one of your average rpers and zelda nerd u v u Of course I enjoy the Walking Dead time to time, so hopefully my character can get in ^^

Name: Ky Arisato
Personality: Determined, Caring, Serious. His dream is to be the worlds best swordsman, even in the hordes of walkers. His girlfriend Sara was his rival in sword combat ever since they were kids. Both of them swore to each other that one of them has to be the best swordsman in the world. Through their serious training and battles, they both ended up falling for each other when they were 15. However in Ky's current situation, his girlfriend threw herself over him when a walker was about to bite him. Now he's filled with pain and anger knowing his loved one will soon die. He's currently trying to find a peaceful place for her to rest.
Appearance: Tall, about 6'1". Tan skin, white shirt with a black coat, jeans, normal sneakers.
Weapon: Two katanas and a silenced pistol for emergencies.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Both characters are accepted. I made my second character also. I think our characters will interact well.

Thanks. :) I hope I'll fit in. I haven't RPed before but I write a lot so that should help.

Oh trust me, it does. It helps TREMENDOUSLY. But yay both accepteeed~! And just warning you, another character of mine (who is most likely not showing up in this RP) is now in shipper mode, and is carefully scrutinizing the age similarities to Tommy and Madi. I doubt they'll actually be compatible enough to ship together, but this character is keeping the possibility wide open. So just as a warning, don't be surprised if people around here start shipping your characters with other characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom