• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goron Reproduction

I'd just like to point out that in asexually reproducing species, genders do not exist. Therefore, if Gorons reproduce asexually, it would be impossible for them to be male.

Yeah but we are talking about a fantastical race of beings here. Anything is possible.

It's probably like orcs in LOTR. They just pull 'em out of the ground. ;)

I would ,like I said, have absolutely no idea on how it works for them, but they should talk about this in hyrule historia

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Goron women are so alike in voice and appearance that they are often mistaken for Goron men, which has given rise to the belief that there are no Goron women, and Gorons simply spring up out of holes in the ground... which is of course ridiculous.

Dan

I would ,like I said, have absolutely no idea on how it works for them, but they should talk about this in hyrule historia

I don't think Nintendo really care how gorons do there thing :P
I don't think they even expect you to look into it too much either, I honestly doubt there's any lore reason for it.
One day I'm sure there just plop in a female goron.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I don't know about female Gorons, but think about the Gerudos. Only 1 male born every century. Do all those women just.... ? in the meantime? idk. I mean they're human they can't all be sisters? Unless for Ganondorf to be born there was some major incest going on. Hm. In which case, that might explain a lot about Ganondorf.

Goron women are so alike in voice and appearance that they are often mistaken for Goron men, which has given rise to the belief that there are no Goron women, and Gorons simply spring up out of holes in the ground... which is of course ridiculous.

Where is this stated?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I don't know about female Gorons, but think about the Gerudos. Only 1 male born every century. Do all those women just.... ? in the meantime? idk. I mean they're human they can't all be sisters? Unless for Ganondorf to be born there was some major incest going on. Hm. In which case, that might explain a lot about Ganondorf.
Gerudos hook up with male hylians...because if they didnt, there would have to be incest. Ew. I wonder if the results of these gerudo/hylian love sessions are considered pure bred gerudos. But that's a whole other debate. This topic is about gorons, not gerudos.

I think female gorons just look very similar to the males.

Dan

I think someone needs to send this entire topic to Nintendo HQ. I'm sure it will give them a good laugh ;)

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
there's been a handful of games the feature gorons,im pretty sure if we're suppose to believe they reproduce normally we would've seen a female goron SOMEWHERE along the lines
maybe the baby goron in majoras mask could give us a clue,notice how his father is old as **** and he never mentions having a mother

If I may say, sir, you have, in my eyes, just won the Zelda Dungeon. Well done.

And, as far as the actual reproduction of Gorons goes, I'm going to actually call this quote relevant, because it's probably just the best explanation.

Last edited:

octorok74

TETTAC
Gorons like lava right. So maybe all the female Gorons are hanging out Subrosia. Just an idea that would explain why we don't see any females.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
There is also a theory of Biggoron being a queen goron, I myself have a fanfiction-like theory which states they lay rock eggs, when they are in egg state they look like a curled goron, like a rock, they then break the "shell", which ends up in their backs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom