• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Sunbreak Title Update 3

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

9403e06354efbff143e99a3dbff39d438d61069d.jpg

Digital event announced for Nov 16. They've been pretty quiet about this update, as of yet they've only revealed a small handful of the qol updates it'll come with and nothing else. We still don't even have a monster silhouette to guess on. I hope that means we can expect something good. Last update was kinda underwhelming with the new monsters, though the new anomaly content was great.

Chaotic Gore Magala is pretty highly anticipated, so if we get him it'll be hype. Risen Elders are obvious since they just introduced that mechanic in the last update. We'll get more of them for sure. Other than that, we have no room to guess. It'd be cool if we got something completely new like Violet Mizutsune again.

It's also worth noting that this is the last update with any information available on it on the road map. We still have no idea what 2023 and beyond will hold. I really hope future updates beyond this one will be able to have monsters that aren't just subspecies of existing ones in the game. Especially if we get giant monsters like Shen Gaoren and Dalamadur back finally. That would finally be the last thing this game needs to push it to the top. I dont want to see them keep squandering its potential by only using subspecies. Give us something new. Give us something big that takes full advantage of the unique aspects of Sunbreak's combat. Do that and GenU will finally be truly dethroned.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Digital event was today. Neat that they got one of the voice actors for a core character to present it. Made it a bit more fun to watch. I'd like to see them do that again.

The new monsters were revealed to be Risen Teostra, Risen Kushala Daora, and Chaotic Gore Magala. Literally the bare minimum zero brain prediction that everyone and their mother had, with nothing new and exciting to add to it. Kinda boring, but not unexpected. Chaotic Gore is a great addition. Too bad the Risen Elders weren't executed as well as they could have been. The new armor designs are sick, though.

Investigation cap increased to 200 is awesome, and gives a lot more to do now. Just as awesome is allowing Followers to join regular Master Rank and Anomaly quests and investigations. They didn't say how that would impact online play, but I'll bet you still cant go online with Followers. Still nice to have the option to bring em along on almost anything you want, though.

We also got a peek at the roadmap going into next year.... and it has promise.

Screenshot_20221116-111149_YouTube.jpg

"Powered-up monster" probably refers to Risen Valstrax, I'd bet. They've pretty much got every monster in the game on an afflicted hunt now, so they're probably gonna start moving away from that and doing other things. And I think the key here is in that "elder dragon" bit. They specifically said it will be a new elder dragon. This tells me it will not be a subspecies or rare species of an already-existing monster in the game like every other title update has done. We're finally gonna get a brand new monster that has yet to appear in Sunbreak in any form. And what this could be.... well, who knows? There's not enough to go on yet. I would absolutely love this to be a giant monster like Yama Tsukami or Shen Gaoren (shen isn't an elder though). However... Dalamadur is an elder dragon and it is a giant monster and it is so giant that wall-running on its body would be very viable as a mechanic they could introduce for it and I would absolutely go insane. That would single handedly push Sunbreak to the top spot in the series for me.

Now, more realistically, they're probably just gonna add something like Amatsu since he would be much less effort to rig in a new engine, and something as insanely big as Dalamadur + making wall-running work on its body would be a massive undertaking. It's wishful thinking on my part that they've been only giving us subspecies in the updates because it allows them more room to work on making something like that happen... I would be happy with Amatsu, though. I love that dude. It could also be a brand new elder dragon, too, for all we know. Who knows, man. There's potential here.

The update drops on Thanksgiving day. I have that entire week off, so that'll be nice. Can't wait to dive back in again.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Update dropped last night and so far I've just done the new monsters, didn't get to touch the new anomaly content yet. Chaotic Gore was pretty cool, as expected. What was not expected was how good Risen Daora and Risen Teostra are. Risen Chameleos was a letdown due to him hardly being different than the vanilla version and not using bloodblight despite him being an affliction survivor. But Risen Doara and Teo are much, much better despite still not using bloodbight. Right away their attacks are different and more ferocious, unlike Cham whose moves don't change until he goes into his Risen state. These two new ones feel like actual harder versions and are a lot more fun and challenging. I was impressed. They initially dropped the ball with Risen Elders, but they picked it right back up with this update.

Also, it seems like they decided to tease us about the next title update. This update introduces Chaotic Gore by having Paz ask you to defeat it for her because she's too busy. And once you do, she tells you on the down-low that she and her companions are investigating the monster that destroyed Tadori and Kagero's hometown. This has gotta be referring to the new elder dragon coming in the next update. Still no telling what that could be yet, though. Hmmm.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom