• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which new Pokemon game is worth buying and playing? Sword/Shield or that Arceus game?

last time i played a pokemon game or games were the Sun/Moon games for my Nintendo 3DS few years ago and I didnt like those games at all

just wondering if the Sword/Shield games are worth getting to play through or what about the Legends Arceus game?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
the two games are completely different

sword and shield are more like sun and moon (although they've returned to the gym badge storyline)

arceus game is more of a survival/soulslike with pokemon
it can have its frustrating moments but overall it's pretty fun

if budget is a concern arceus game is probably more bang for your buck, but if not sword and shield have paid dlc with a lot of great content in them

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
SwSh is complete garbage, dont bother with those unless you really want a half finished generic Pokémon game for $90.

Legends Arceus is also a half finished game, but it at least has the excuse of changing things up for the better, and also only being $60.

Neither of them are particularly well made games, but you could do worse than Legends Arceus. It beats every other Pokémon game since Black White 2 for whatever that’s worth.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
definitely Arceus, in my opinion. I totally fell in love with the game, it’s so different from any other game in the series. I couldn’t get into Sword/Shield at all.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Despite Legends Arceus being a core game, its gameplay changes significantly to the point of not being too stretchy to call it a spin-off. So if you want to keep things traditional, SwSh keeps most of the formula.

That being said, Legends was highly praised by fans, while core SwSh had quite a few of controversies on some points that arguably lower the game's quality. If you're not worried about paying some extra bucks, ShSw did get a bit patched up in the form of DLCs, so it has quite a bunch of content available.

tl;dr
Traditional + Playtime (quantity) -> go for SwSh
Experimental + Higher quality -> go for Legends
(or as VikzeLink you could wait for the next gen that will be out later this year)

Definitely Legends Arceus, though I may be biased since I hate the main series games, and Legends Arceus plays nothing like the main series. I personally prefer Legends Arceus if I had to play a main series game. My bread and butter has to be Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom