• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros What are your favorite taunts?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Regardless of how much you use 'em, are there any taunts you like? My #1 all time favorite is Wolf's up taunt, his howl. It's the one I'm most likely to use after a KO. I also like Zelda's wave, I think it's her side taunt? Dedede's crouch is another favorite.

I admittedly didn't taunt a whole lot in Ultimate, if only because the taunts are mapped to the d-pad, and because that's where my thumb naturally wants to be during a 2d game like Smash Bros, there's a very good chance (and this has happened) that my thumb just never makes its way back to the L stick. And then I die.

But as a Ridley main and short person, Riddle down taunt obviously.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I used them more when I was younger and played the Smash games more with my friends (so difficult to get together and play now that I'm an "adult"), but not so much in recent years, so I don't really remember that many of them.
But I'll never forget that Luigi is the only one that can actually deal damage with one of his taunts (as far as I know, they might have added another with that in one of the newer characters), so that one it is!

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I like doing the Super Advanced Falco Tech, which involves doing a Down Taunt where he says, "Hands off my prey." But before he says prey, you then do a Down Smash which has him say, "Kyah!"

Which makes Falco say "Hands off my Kyah!"

Which kinda sounds like he's saying "Hands off my..." well... ya know, lol.

And of course, Captain Falcon's obligatory "Show me ya moves" after a sweet spotted Forward Air, a Down Air spike, or a raw Falcon Punch.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
But I'll never forget that Luigi is the only one that can actually deal damage with one of his taunts (as far as I know, they might have added another with that in one of the newer characters), so that one it is!
Snakes box is actually a projectile that can hit opponents when he takes it off, Greninja has a water spout taunt that also deals damage, and Kazuyas side taunt does more damage than any one of Sheiks moves individually.

For me the best taunt is easily Banjo and Kazooie’s “gyuh-huh!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom