• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are some of your combat habits?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
There's a lot of ways and methods to mash buttons and swing swords in the series, which opens up to different fighting styles. Some games with more freedom than others, such as TP and MC having the hidden sword skills. What are some of the methods you favor?

I've found myself using the sword stab a lot in my recent TP playthrough, because I like to Z-target and move around when fighting, which slightly annoys me because that's not something that I'd do at all if I were actually using a sword :shrugs:

Aro

Well, I play many LoZ games and they are all different, especially BotW, but mainly my favorite thing to do is just go charging in with my shield up and spamming the attack when near an enemy

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I’m much more of an offensive fighter while gaming as opposed to being defensive.

As an example, I literally never use any sort of defensive/stat raising moves in Pokémon. I only use moves that actually cause damage.

In regards to Zelda, I use my sword much more than my shield. I use my shield when I need to, of course, but I try to do as much damage as I can as quickly as I can.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I’m much more of an offensive fighter while gaming as opposed to being defensive.

As an example, I literally never use any sort of defensive/stat raising moves in Pokémon. I only use moves that actually cause damage.

In regards to Zelda, I use my sword much more than my shield. I use my shield when I need to, of course, but I try to do as much damage as I can as quickly as I can.
Meesh knows where it's at :cool:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Yeh, takes too long to charge. Only good use of the spin attack is using the hurricane spin attack to mow in Wind Waker.
I never use that either lol.

One thing I actually do use the spin attack for is to send enemies hurtling off cliffs in botw. The physics in that game are perfect for using it for launching. But I don't really use it intending to fight I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom