• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Game Did You Struggle With Most?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Back then I struggled with TP the carriage part. I couldn't get past those ****ers bombing the carriage and every time Telma and co died. I was new to Zelda, only beated PH. So I tossed the game aside, started to play OoT, WW, ST and finished those. Then I picked up TP again (a year later) and passed the carriage part without problems and continued and beat the game. I played TP multiple times after without problems

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Definitely Adventure of Link. It's such a weird, unforgiving game produced in that era where games were incredibly difficult in part to draw out playtime. I've never finished it without save-scumming, and the thought of doing so sounds incredibly unfun.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Zelda 2 for sure. Especially getting into the last parts of the game I wanted to throw my controller across the room, but I am glad to have got through it eventually after keeping at it for a while. They sure don't make them like they used to...

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Majoras mask...replaying it on switch and that time thingy stresses me out sooo much...

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Zelda 1 and 2. It was a struggle to play because I didn't enjoy them. They are just too dated for my liking and I don't expect many who didn't grow up with them to find them enjoyable plays. I Gave up with both of them and have no intention to bother with them again.

In terms of games I finished I would have to say Majora's Mask. I must have been around 6/7 when I started it and it's not an easy game when you are a lone child with no help from anyone. I think I got to Ikana and then couldn't progress. It was only later when I got the GC version on the Wii did I actually finish the game.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Definitely Zelda 2 for me as well. I felt like with the original game, it was much easier to learn the rhythm of everything. Zelda 2 was just mean. Took me roughly 3 years of continual stop-start play to get to the end. It’s probably the only Zelda title where the amount of times I’ve played it is still in single digits after all these years.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Zelda 2 is the obvious choice, but that’s mainly due to poor enemy placement and a magic system that isn’t as fleshed out as it could be. If you use save states the game becomes a cakewalk.

If we want a game that’s actually difficult through its level design, then the Oracle games hands down. Ages in particular had insanely frustrating design in both its overworld and dungeons.

Also Zelda 1 isn’t difficult in the slightest, I have no idea what y’all are going on about

ZeldaFanatic64

Infrequently active ZD member
Twilight Princess, I've been playing for three years and I'm only on the third dungeon. XDXD There is a lot of backtracking and the dungeons are really difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom