• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Skyward Sword HD Button Mapping vs Xbox controller profiles? (Dolphin) which will be better?

Skyward Sword HD
Which do you think will be better for button mapping during gameplay sessions?

The new Skyward Sword HD or Dolphin Xbox 360 joystick profiles you can find online to download? or perhaps will they be very similar no contest?

The Xbox profiles are very awkward to use once loaded and at least on mine half the buttons displayed do not work as advertised like I cannot control the loft wing except down and right where the video showed the guy using I think the right bumper buttons and the right analog stick at the same time :( Sorry but I don't know how else to word this: In the end I hope the Switch version is amazingly better and I'll give it a try as long as they also make Fi not drive me insane: but I'll look at reviews before I buy this on Amazon or Gamestop to see if it's 'worth a buy' to quote a YouTube game review channel..........(whispers) Is it worth a buy?

I also have enough money from Gamestop trade ins to get this for 'free' but it won't be worth it if Fi's not fixed. Not even for free. What do you guys think who were frustrated?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I've looked into the idea of playing the Wii version of Skyward Sword on emulator using only an Xbone controller, but the consensus seems to be that the necessary movement controls necessary in the original version of the game would be too much for a controller. The port will no doubt simplify most of these.

Quin

Disaster Master
I've looked into the idea of playing the Wii version of Skyward Sword on emulator using only an Xbone controller, but the consensus seems to be that the necessary movement controls necessary in the original version of the game would be too much for a controller. The port will no doubt simplify most of these.
Its not that bad, I've beaten it this way for fun. Its very much playable, and I honestly doubt the switch version is gonna be much different, in the off chance it might even be worse, like how they did mario galaxy. Full control costumisation will always be superior and the switch doesn't offer that.
There are downsides though, not sure if its still the case, but I needed to get an older version of dolphin to get it working, and I needed 2 control schemes. IIRC the second one was only for the harp so it wasn't so bad.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Its not that bad, I've beaten it this way for fun. Its very much playable, and I honestly doubt the switch version is gonna be much different, in the off chance it might even be worse, like how they did mario galaxy. Full control costumisation will always be superior and the switch doesn't offer that.
There are downsides though, not sure if its still the case, but I needed to get an older version of dolphin to get it working, and I needed 2 control schemes. IIRC the second one was only for the harp so it wasn't so bad.

I'll probably look into it. Unless Skyward Sword HD sees a dramatic drop in price, I won't feel guilty about running it through Dolphin.

I'll probably look into it. Unless Skyward Sword HD sees a dramatic drop in price, I won't feel guilty about running it through Dolphin.
I'm just hoping this means Nintendo is putting all their effort into Switch 2 so SS is just a filler. I really don't want this to be a new trend for them to charge 60$ a Zelda game for the entire collection then when it all comes out they make a mega collection completely trolling us. Then they will purposely not make enough of either so scalpers will get ahold of it. I feel like Nintendo has some sort of back door deal with scalping which would technically be illegal to do.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'm just hoping this means Nintendo is putting all their effort into Switch 2 so SS is just a filler. I really don't want this to be a new trend for them to charge 60$ a Zelda game for the entire collection then when it all comes out they make a mega collection completely trolling us. Then they will purposely not make enough of either so scalpers will get ahold of it. I feel like Nintendo has some sort of back door deal with scalping which would technically be illegal to do.

I doubt it. Not only has Nintendo offered vague statements indicating that the Switch was only "halfway through its lifespan" or something, but software development is a different department than hardware development.

Quin

Disaster Master
Yes
It does
pretty sure I can't customize the motion controls mate
The remap update was nice and a good step in the right direction, but its not even close to being where it should be. if you want to see a better alternative just look at how steam does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom