• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's your favorite forgotten older game?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Was there ever a game you played when you were younger that just didn't do that well? A game that you almost never hear mentioned nowadays? Whether the game actually had some merit to it or you have your nostalgia glasses on, let's look back at the wacky games of yesterday.

Smash TV was a game I had a lot of fun playing with a friend. It was originally an arcade game, however, so the difficulty was immense for us. That darned boss just stayed alive....

Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond for the Wii. I compare almost every game I play to this game in one way or another. Also Ultimate iSpy for the Wii. Good game, surprisingly long.

Archer

Whatever
There’s this game from Disney Interactive I’ve played as a kid called Nightmare Ned. It was only for Windows 95, and it featured 5 worlds you play in, and the object is to help Ned overcome his 5 greatest fears

It was an enjoyable game for its time, and I hope they put it up on Steam someday

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I feel like the 2002 Spider-Man game doesn't get much recognition for how good of a game it was. Nothing exceptional, of course, but still a very solid title.

Another licensed game that comes to mind is Transformers: War for Cybertron. That was a really great third-person shooter. Gameplay and presentation were fantastic, with online multiplayer being especially fun. Due to some licensing issues, it can no longer be bought off Steam though. Too bad, really. Same for the sequel, Fall of Cybertron, although I never played that one.

The Guardian Legend.

Great NES game that combines elements of Zelda and arcade style shoot em ups. Banging OST and atmosphere, as well.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Captain Crunch's Crunchling Adventure is an under rated gem of the licensed food games. My cousin got it for me after introducing it to me since I had allergies to the cereal. My best friend and I love to play it together.

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
StarTropics is slightly more popular nowadays thanks to rereleases, but I still don't think it gets enough representation. Mike Jones for Smash.

Chrono Trigger is popular, but no one talks about it, so it has a hard time being recognized. Crono for Smash. (Looking back, there's probably better CT reps, Crono is simply the most recognizeable of the protagonists. The problem with Crono is that he's a swordfighter, and, well, you know how that usually goes. I heard someone on Reddit suggest Lucca, and that does sound pretty cool. I always thought about Marle, since, aside from the Links' neutral B, there aren't any bow wielders in Smash, nor are there any ice-based fighters. In a perfect world (it's okay to get wacky since it's not like this'll ever happen to begin with, lol), it'd be a seven-in-one with the entire party, three at a time like in the original game. I envision you being able to swap them out, and the specials would be Double Techs that would change depending who's in the party and what order they're in. The Final Smash would be a Triple Tech between the three characters selected, which would likely mean Crono would have to be a required member of the party due to his status as the Triple Tech monger. Furthermore, it'd be difficult to implement Magus into this system because he only has two Triple Techs and that's it, so I guess it'd end up being a six-in-one. Oh well. Since this a theoretical perfect world, Magus could just be a separate fighter on the roster, lol.)

Road Rash for Sega Genesis is really fun. It's on Sega Genesis Mini, so, uh, there you go, go play it.

I've heard good stuff about Space Station Silicon Valley, but I've never played it myself. I'll get around to it someday.

Last edited:

Dark Boo

The Darkest of Boos
Final Fantasy 5, it introduced a whole buncha characters and mechanics to the Final Fantasy series like Gilgamesh, Atomos, and Blue Magic. The job system in that game is also more refined than FF3's.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Pitfall: Big Adventure on the Wii was something I really loved playing back in the day. That and Mario Galaxy were among my most-played Wii games of the time. Looking back, it's probably not all that good, but I loved exploring the jungle and stuff. The ruins really captured my imagination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom