• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is better? Skyward Sword Vs Twilight Princess!

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
The Wii Motion Plus was built for 1:1 Controls. So, maybe the person above wasn't using Wii Motion Plus,
Skyward Sword can't be played without Wii Motion Plus.
or something was wrong with his remote (or the game). And, if that doesn't work, then really, recalibrate them. And also, the controls aren't even bad. It's just people want something to complain about. They run smoothly. Actually, they're built just to run smoothly.
Again, that is a conclusion formed solely based on your opinions and experience. Perhaps, instead of dismissing the opinions of others, you could try to understand and accept why they feel the way they do, regardless of your personal experience or perspective.

Skyward Sword can't be played without Wii Motion Plus.

Again, that is a conclusion formed solely based on your opinions and experience. Perhaps, instead of dismissing the opinions of others, you could try to understand and accept why they feel the way they do, regardless of your personal experience or perspective.
Well, again. Something could've been wrong with their Wiimote because it works perfectly fine. This is one of the few stories I've heard of someone actually encountering problems. And also, maybe the game didn't get a chance it deserved.

twilitfalchion

Staff member
because it works perfectly fine.
For you, yes.
This is one of the few stories I've heard of someone actually encountering problems.
But that still doesn't make their opinion any less valid. If you would do a bit of research, you'll know that issues like these are more common than you might realize.
And also, maybe the game didn't get a chance it deserved.
Perhaps, but first impressions do carry a fair bit of weight. If said first impression is so strongly negative for someone, they can't be faulted for not wanting to continue.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
The user error argument in favor of SS's controls being good is one of the flimsiest. Saying that "maybe you sucked at using them" invalidates the opinions and experiences of others simply because you disagree or did not have the same issues. It's a very low effort conclusion, quite honestly.

Eh. I’m in the middle here.

On one hand, complaints about a control system could easily be made invalid if you’re clearly doing it incorrectly. That’d be like trying to control a game on the Dreamcast with a Wii balance board and then complaining that it didn’t work (Obviously I’m being hyperbolic but the general concept applies). In this case, I think the user error argument is perfectly reasonable, especially since it’s being posed as a question.

On the other hand, we have no way of knowing how difficult or similar our setups were. For all we know we could have been doing the exact same thing. Nobody knows why it’s different for each person, so while user error is plausible, it’s not for certain.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for this to be part of the debate as to whether it’s a good game, but it shouldn’t be used to convince someone to like it.

For you, yes.

But that still doesn't make their opinion any less valid. If you would do a bit of research, you'll know that issues like these are more common than you might realize.

Perhaps, but first impressions do carry a fair bit of weight. If said first impression is so strongly negative for someone, they can't be faulted for not wanting to continue.
This game is a perfect example of people not giving something a chance. If they would've dealt with the cutscenes, got past the intro, I can almost guarantee that they would've LOVED it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
This game is a perfect example of people not giving something a chance. If they would've dealt with the cutscenes, got past the intro, I can almost guarantee that they would've LOVED it.
tons of people played the game all the way through and came to the exact opposite conclusion, just b/c it's your favorite in the series doesn't mean it's the best in the series, the issues stem beyond the motion controls
this coming from someone who liked the game too

tons of people played the game all the way through and came to the exact opposite conclusion, just b/c it's your favorite in the series doesn't mean it's the best in the series, the issues stem beyond the motion controls
this coming from someone who liked the game too
Motion controls aren't even bad. I don't know why people complain. Also, the story? Yeah, it's great! The gameplay? Good. The world? Maybe a bit too linear but fantastic!

twilitfalchion

Staff member
Motion controls aren't even bad. I don't know why people complain. Also, the story? Yeah, it's great! The gameplay? Good. The world? Maybe a bit too linear but fantastic!
I'm beating a dead horse here, but whatever.

All of these statements represent your opinion. You're confusing subjective opinion with objective fact. You loving SS doesn't make it the best in the series any more than me loving BotW makes it the best in the series.

People "complain," as you say, because they have issues with the game. You dismissing that doesn't make it any less true for them.

I'm beating a dead horse here, but whatever.

All of these statements represent your opinion. You're confusing subjective opinion with objective fact. You loving SS doesn't make it the best in the series any more than me loving BotW makes it the best in the series.

People "complain," as you say, because they have issues with the game. You dismissing that doesn't make it any less true for them.
Well, I'd like to see all of them try to make a game then. Because I guarantee you they couldn't. So maybe people should just stop complaining.

twilitfalchion

Staff member
Well, I'd like to see all of them try to make a game then. Because I guarantee you they couldn't. So maybe people should just stop complaining.
Maybe, just maybe, you ought to develop a better attitude towards the opinions of others, instead of forcing your perspective on them as objective fact. If you're trying to have a meaningful discussion, you're failing miserably.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I personally prefer Twilight Princess. Most of you already know why, so I won’t go into detail. I’ll just say I love the plot more, it has some of my favorite characters in it, it was my first Zelda game, there’s a village full of super adorable cats, and it has the best companion in the series.

All of what I just said is my opinion. Midna can be the best companion to some or she can be the worst to some. People have different tastes in music, in characters, in art, etc. Some may be enthralled by the bright colors in SS, or the soft and eerie-like melodies of Twilight Princess.

So this argument going on is pretty much pointless.

The point of a game is for people to have a good time. If people don’t have a good time, whether it be bad controls or malfunction, it’s not a good game. Keep in mind I don’t mean art style or type of music, but the mechanics of the game, because there is a wide range of musical and artistic tastes.

People look at games differently, so some people may absolutely love a game, while someone else will say it’s the worst, and that’s great. SS was average/neutral to me, but I know people to love it. I also know people who hate it. There’s never going to be a perfect game that everyone in the world will adore and cherish. People are just too different.

But that’s fine, because I love to see unique opinions about stuff, it opens my mind to possibilities to combine different ideas to make a game almost everyone will love.

Motion controls are different for people. Some may love it, some may not. That is an opinion. It is not a fact that motion controls are the best. Just like it’s not a fact that motion controls aren’t the best. It is an opinion.

So how about we just respect each other’s opinions then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom